Studying Mathematics 10-12 hours a day?

If a genius like Grothendieck can do it, why not me?

because you're a brainlet too busy posting on sci and wasting time on mindless websites

If you find studying enjoyable, go right ahead. If not, you'll probably go insane.

Because you're not a genius like Groethendieck

You are lazy and likely not a genius. However, you are correct, it is absolutely possible. Why would you want to though? At 12 hours a day you'd learn all of mathematics in under 10 years. You'd have all the knowledge but none of the ability to advance the field or put any of that knowledge into practice. Grothendieck's work was more than rote memorization and study.

You would probably become a math monster if you could pull 12 hours of study everyday. Of course you would be capable of advancing the field. The ability to go full autism mode is what makes a genius not the other way.

>tfw I'm more than capable of doing that and not burning out.

Well maybe 10 hours, 12 might be a bit too much. But I can indeed go full autism mode, and I have a high IQ. What field should I go into Veeky Forums? I have amazing willpower and dedication

You evidently don't have enough willpower to make that decision for yourself.

That's my plan too OP. Currently I study about 1-2 hours, and I never did more. But I need this if I'm to make anything out of my life. I have ADHD-PI which I can't treat because of some other health conditions, so that makes it all worse.

FFS I studied 15 hours a day for 7 straight days and will be getting a B+ in a course (prolly gave it about ~17 hours and got 71% on the Final). Theres no point putting in time if youre going to be a retard and study the material wrong

Fucking studying for feel. Never ever study for feel. Study to learn what you need to do for the exam

I can study about 0.1 seconds a day

Because maybe your brain is not up to it.

It's physically impossible for some people to study new material for more than 3/4 hours a day and keep learning stuff.

>but random genius could do it!

Yeah, they are geniuses for a reason.

its important to make the distinction between 'studying mathematics' and 'creating mathematics'

>15 hours a day for 7 straight days
there is your problem

7 days isn't long enough
Try 7 hours for 4 weeks and see what happens

Yeah, that's an important distinction. When I'm trying to figure out things myself or explore a bit what I'm studying, hours pass quickly and I feel more involved.

This.
OP is daydreaming and worthless in real life.

Still easily become the top 10% in our class and get into a good Post Grad school

Im in thr process of brainlet to absolut mathman. Did a high school algebra book, then basically going through wildberger courses because free and hes very didactic.

Halfway through linear algebra now, already did math history, rational trig, 1/4 mathfoundation.

Looking forward to formally going through spivak calc, eventually topology and wilbergers hyperbolic geometry.

Long term (~5 years from now) id like to understand harmonics and the physics surrounding signal processing.

People around me who see me doing this think im dumb but are impressed also. Tbh i just want to program my brain for systematic analysis and gain intuition

Because you are a brainlet

>People around me who see me doing this think im dumb but are impressed also.
This.
The uneducated folk think about Russell Crowe writing on windows when you do math all day.

no, you wouldn't
advancing mathematics requires spending a lot of time connecting the similarities between different problems, and using those similarities to come up with new theories. Spending 12 hours a day studying other people's work will take too much time away from you coming up with your own ideas.

Harsh. I already study 6 to 8 hours a day. Just wondering if it's worth it to push it to the next level for winter break.

No possible way you retained even half of the information you "studied" in a 15 hr study day