Thoughts?

Thoughts?

None.

the navidson parts are good the rest is shit

I never finished this. I got like halfway through before I realized that the point of the book was to put it down before the end.

Errr, not really

It's a highly polarizing book. I really enjoyed it and thought it was the scariest book I've read. But some people report that they were not frightened or impressed at all.

Definitely one of my favorite books and I didn't really find it scary, just fascinating. I like how different people experience the book vastly different. Some people see the prime focus as a study and development if Navidson and his wifes relationship.

planning to try this one soon
seems to have a fairly big cult following but that seems to generally be more of a bad thing than good

Never read it. Loathe it. Gimmicky nonsense.

Comfy.

Very scary. Could only read it once though.
Not a Spooky Infinite Jest though.

A whole lot of bullshit wrapped around a few interesting sections and ideas.

Book of leaves much better

Leaves of Grass is better.

>Never read it. Loathe it.
Veeky Forums in a nutshell

He touched on some great stuff. The house as an infinite Mount Everest--that's pretty good stuff. Enviable stuff. I also liked the concept of the minotaur--something deep there.

you are so Veeky Forums

Style over substance.

I don't know but the cover really speaks to me

The book is a meme present on all narrative levels (including the meta narrative levels). He gets very obvious when he talks about Yggdrasil. I really liked it though.

To me it read like a parody of itself; intentionally cryptic and full of hidden messages that don't really mean anything in an attempt to parallel the labrynthine nature of the house the book is describing. I've no idea how common this interpretation is but I'm sure there must be a fair few people who share my views.

You know, your use of the word meme is similar to an sjw's use of shitlord. Can you leave that word out for a change?