LIVE United Launch Alliance Echostar

Rev up those engines - It's launch day motherfuckers!

ulalaunch.com/webcast.aspx

>T -00:30:00

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who /toothbrush/ here?

>T -00:20:00

Get hype - It's starting

T-00:08:00

did it blow up yet?

OK now it's really happening

Climb aboard faggots - We're blasting off this rock

what is it's mission?

>A United Launch Alliance Atlas 5 rocket, designated AV-071, will launch the EchoStar 19 communications satellite to provide high-speed Internet services for HughesNet in North America. The satellite is also known as Jupiter 2. The rocket will fly in the 431 vehicle configuration with a four-meter fairing, three solid rocket boosters and a single-engine Centaur upper stage.

hand painted logo

rofl

welcome to ULA

Sad there wasn't a Pegasus thread for their successful launch on the 15th. The only successful air launched rocket.

Make it yourself next time faggot

If I worked on these launch missions I would get so nervous.

Imagine having worked for years on this shit only to see it strapped to a rocket and explode into the sky

>Go for launch

I don't know why people want to watch the launch of a 14-year-old rocket tossed together from 40-year-old technology.

It's like watching a 747 take off. It's not historic, there's little potential for anything interesting to happen.

That pointy faring a shit

Very U N A E S T H E T I C

HOLD HOLD HOLD

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS HOLD

HOLD
>HOLD
HOLD
>HOLD
HOLD
>HOLD
HOLD
>HOLD
HOLD
>HOLD
HOLD
>HOLD
HOLD
>HOLD
HOLD
>HOLD
HOLD
>HOLD
HOLD
>HOLD

Looks like here's a flag on the play.

>4:00

"Hold for 15mins"

My fucking sides

cocktease

Why do I love ULA so much? It's pretty simple when I think about it. ULA isn't just the best launch provider in the country; they might just be the greatest launch provider of all time. Just imaging the Altas V riding through the skies of Earth, the wind on its fairing, the mighty RD-180 below it. As she rides through the red sky, NASA swoons at her very scent. They know how she smells; the essence of burning RP-1 smell is sold in Orlando under the name of "Space Orgasm." The very nature of ULA is mystery. Could they be playing a deeper game than even Tory Bruno realizes? The answer is yes, ULA has transcended such boundaries as the physical world, and has free will to do whatever they sees fit. However, ULA is filled with such guile, such arcane craft that they does not even use these powers. Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the ULA is not one that is easily penetrated. ULA rockets are such a force of nature in this realm that nothing can truly touch them, the only thing keeping them bound to this world at all is their will to exist within the preordained boundaries understood physics. ULA is not only beyond the comprehension of us, it exists within a plane of true focus and beauty. Observe the plume of exhaust gasses from this Delta IV, the gorgeous and rippling flames, the gallant fairing, and most importantly, its engines. Her engines, like cauldrons straight from hell, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of ULA. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt. ULA is not just a launch provider, a formless collection of engineers and rockets; they are themselves the binding that holds the word together. Without ULA, Musk the Menace takes over and the entire space industry as we know it crumbles. The Mississippi would stop flowing without ULA, Kessler syndrome would take over in orbit, and the space station would fall without their fiery gaze. These are just of a few of the reasons why I like ULA so much.

>Musk the Menace

Delicious pasta, must eat

Reminder that BASED China will launch more rockets in 2016 than the US

USA = second-rate space """""power"""""

>those boosters
embarrassing

BECAUSE ITS A FUCKING ROCKET, DUDE

ROCKETS ARE COOL AS FUCK

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?

The US needs another cold war rival to really focus and accelerate their efforts.

With China, Japan, Korea and India all snapping at their heels maybe NASA will get their shit together?

There are the people who are interested in progress, and then there are the trainspotters.

A routine launch of a mature rocket with a routine payload doesn't belong on Veeky Forums at all. It belongs on /n/ with the bicycle fanciers and the trainspotters.

>there's little potential for anything interesting to happen
you're right
because this is a ULA launch, it's guaranteed to work and there shouldn't even be a thread about it
SpaceX launches on the other hand should have threads here because it's a roll of the dice whether it will explode or not

you aren't wrong. But Veeky Forums has more tolerance to rocket science here than /n/. Similar to how chess threads are better on Veeky Forums than on Veeky Forums.

>guaranteed to work
then why are we in a hold, smart guy?

and don't forget ULA had a Centaur upper stage anomaly within the last year. Orbital launch is hard.

(There is new development coming from ULA. Both the entirely new Vulcan rocket developed with Blue Origin, and the new ACES upper stage. ULA is also making noises about "distributed launch", where a mission is split into two launches, one to put extra fuel in orbit, then another to put the mission hardware in orbit, with a rendezvous for fueling before the mission proper starts. Exciting times ahead!)

yeah China is really accelerating their space program, introducing a new fleet of LOX/Kerosene launchers to replace the existing ICBM-based launchers. Plus opening their new Wenchang southern launch center and space theme park.

Also noting the continued decline of Russia as a space power. This is partly due to the Ukraine conflict, since half of the Russian fleet uses Ukrainian hardware (Zenit, Dnepr, Rokot, Briz).

Proceeding! New launch time set at 2:12 eastern.

>Red leader
GO

4 minutes to launch, lads.

Don't like the pointy fairing :(

this is totally faked XD

Another RELIABLE launch brought to you by United Launch Allianceā„¢; America's PREMIER launch provider.

>Also noting the continued decline of Russia as a space power. This is partly due to the Ukraine conflict, since half of the Russian fleet uses Ukrainian hardware (Zenit, Dnepr, Rokot, Briz).

It never seizes to amaze me what a terrible idea it was to annex Crimea.

I don't remember seeing that spray off to the side in previous Centaur burns. Is that normal?

it does put more pressure on Russia to get off their ass and get the new Vostochny launch center finished, and the new Angara launchers in full production.

Shutting the engine down and restarting it later on sounds pretty risky to me

it has to be done that way
no way around it without building a launch site right on the equatior

>Refuelling from spacebase when

>It never seizes to amaze me what a terrible idea it was to annex Crimea.
You're completely failing to consider the other side of the issue.

Ukraine was reliably Russia-friendly until a revolution against the democratically-elected leader was instigated by foreign agents with an anti-Russian agenda.

The Russian naval base in Crimea was a huge military asset, like America giving up its naval base in California. On top of that Crimea was historically Russian, until an arbitrary Soviet reshuffle assigned it to Ukranian management, so it was still full of people who considered themselves Russian.

Most importantly, this was only one more step in the attacks on Russia's sphere of influence. If Russia didn't fight back at some point, it would find itself diminished and isolated with foreign agents instigating revolution in its own population.

What do you think the Africans seeing this right now think about westerners flying literal spaceships over them costing enough money to fix their shitty country in one go?

Spacecraft separation, mission complete.

>With China, Japan, Korea and India all snapping at their heels maybe NASA will get their shit together?

Korea? pffft. India is the country with accelerating space capability. It had seven good launches this year, is introducing a heavy launcher, and has both reusable spaceplane and crewed flight development programs.

>SpaceX and Boeing crew ships keep slipping later and later
>fucking India might have human-to-orbit capability before US does

>India
That's a funny way of spelling China

no amount of money could fix black people
their problem is they are black