Post your grades

Computer engineering student here, anyone else on Veeky Forums relieved by the grades?

Also, motivation/celebration thread

Got a C in data structures. Got an A in Calc 2 and Discrete Math.

I went into college hating math. Now I hate CS. Thinking of switching to a Math/philosophy double major desu.

Why do they do the +, - after the letter grade if it doesn't affect the GPA calculation?

It does usually.

>need 70% on this Orgo final to get A in class lmao, final Tuesday

Already posted grades in the two previous thread but who cares.

>anyone else on Veeky Forums relieved by the grades?

Indeed, unlike my first semester this semester was actually kinda hard. in geometry I had a few setbacks in the beginning, getting a high C (80%) that could have killed me but I made a comeback to that sweet, sweet A.

In "Redaccion de Informes" which is report writing I was specially terrible. I did not turn in any homework and I failed (actual F) the first midterm and I thought all was doomed until the professor said that she would count the final exam as 100% of the grade.

That was good because that made the comeback possible but that also meant that any fuckup and I would get an F. Fortunately I made it out with a B.

Calculus 2, Foundations 2 and "Scientific english" were still easy.

why the fuck is an 80 a C in your school?

I honestly do not fucking know. It is actually pretty scary. Tests are typicaly 5 questions, usually proofs, each worth 20 points so failing to answer any of these immediately puts you down to a C.

Anyways, the grading scale is a such:
0 - 60% F
61 - 70% D
71 - 80% C
81 - 90% B
91 - 100% A

I guess they teach us to be perfectionists. The only way for you to even get a B is to get something wrong but be given partial credit for procedure.

Do you go to college in a cold place?

Yes. Why??

NY by any chance?

Nah upper Midwest.

>shcedule
i noticed English isn't on that list

Shhh, but it actually was on the list

ayyy, lmao. Yeah, I'm in the process of taking pre-requisite courses in Accounting to change my major.

>be me
>3 years at a CC taking Maths I hate
>3 hours per subject of studying
>couldn't do it
>finally accept my fate

Yeah, if accounting doesn't work then I'm not going to bother continuing to waste my time. I'll just get some random job and work there until they fire me.

HEY I DID THIS

ACCOUNTING IS SHIT

PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE

JUST STICK WITH A SCIENCE YOU FIND INTERESTING

SHIT DO STATS

JUST DON'T FALL FOR THE ACCOUNTING MEME

How many times are you going to post this

Thought I was going to fail since I blew my study period by drinking alcohol everyday, crying and posting on /r9k/ but luckily I came through. Got B's for the subjects I did shit on but at least I passed.
Scaling is probably different though so my B is probably worse than an americans.

This is the second time. Everytime there's a grades thread.

(You)CF?

>tfw 0.7% away from A in molecular

What is with all the easy intro classes? Someone post upperclassmen grades that aren't in easy classes.

What does NG means?

I don't want to post my B- in mechanics and B+ in quantum.

(Or my F in Astro)

Fuck astrophyiscs, such a fucking dry class.

Here are my grades from the last 2 years of my degree. Courses are real analysis, complex analysis, measure theory, algorithm design, numerical analysis, abstract algebra, rings and modules, programming in C, programming in python (lol), topology, asymptotic and perterbation methods.

who UCSB here?

Not graded individually, a component of the overall classs

I got my cpa and gurantee i make more than 99% of people on this board.

>Professors have 48 hours to put in grades after finals
>72 hours later still only one grade in

Spooky

It is essentially a course on Quantum logic with a really stupid name.

Pic is shit from final.

Is this PSU as in Portland State Uni?

Do you go to school in Michigan?

Until he gets the justification he needs from anonymous strangers on the internet

Yep

>brainlet gets a B+
>is relieved

>tfw mediocre student
It at least brought up my GPA, which had been consistently going down every semester since freshman year. I feel like I worked harder this semester and maybe I can do even better next time.

How'd you get a C in diff eq? I just finished it two days ago and thought it was by far and away the easiest math I've taken in college

He probably had a more difficult professor than you did.

Fucked up and got Cs on all of the tests (except maybe the final, don't know what my grade on that was). My homework average in that class was like an 89 and I feel like I "got" most of the material. I understand the reason for it but I don't like how much weight is given to exams, they seem more like a measure of "How prepared and well-rested were you on these four particular days?" than "How well will you be able to apply this material in the future?"

But this is just me making excuses for being a brainlet.

A bad prof is probably the worst excuse you can have for doing poorly in a class. I didn't even go to my diff eq lectures and managed an A by my own methods. So what is there to say about effectively having no professor?

As a bad test-taker, I feel you. Generally I am shit on exams but in diff eq the material was just so easy to understand and tangible in my opinion. Really made it fun to learn about and apply to real systems

is everyone here a freshman?

no senpai take that weak shit somewhere else

+ - letter grade does effect by almost 0.5-0.2 difference of gpa

>A bad prof is probably the worst excuse you can have for doing poorly in a class. I didn't even go to my diff eq lectures and managed an A by my own methods. So what is there to say about effectively having no professor?

Because a professor can define their own parameters on points subtracted that can have an effect on scores. An example would be one forgot a negative sign. One professor could take off four points out of 10 points while another professor could take off two points. The difference is that of a D and a B on that particular test.

Furthermore, I didn't say a bad professor. I said a more difficult professor.

Mfw to scared to post grades and get bullied bout my grade

I'm gonna post my schedule:
Advanced Welding
Structural Steel Welding
Chemistry (babby chem)
Physics (babby phys)
Industrial and commercial wiring
Calc 1

Guys how do you get the motivation to study for finals?

I did well, but probably because in reality I was only taking 2 classes. One of the classes I took as S/NS (doesn't count towards my GPA), because I legitimately hated the professor and cut my losses early and figured I'd just take it again next quarter.

u gotta love what ur studying.

I have nothing to show for my life. The least I can do is get good grades.

Post it fag

I intend to become an architect, no shit design studios after the first one, which was a fiasco.

Cal poly pomona?

Kek accounting a shit and your outlook in life a shit too

Remember that that one week can potentially have an important enough impact on your GPA to substantially effect your future. Plus it's ONLY one week, you just have to go hard for a few days and then you can relax and do whatever leisure activities you want. It's actually the easiest part of the year to get motivated for imo.

how the fuck did u get microbiology A, im taking microbio this semester and the class avg is frickin D last midterm the average was an F like literal F average. how did you study for your final?

>Kek accounting a shit and your outlook in life a shit too

all i'm seeing posted are 100 and 200 level courses

well he is a freshman

A in English
A in Philosophy
B in Calc 1
C+ in Linear Algebra

I'm feeling like a certified brainlet right now but since I'm transferring the credits to another school it won't matter in the long run

this was my worst round in awhile, I usually do better in my CS classes but i got taken off guard by some of the nuonces of networking.

anything over 100 is upper division, I feel pretty good about the probability and statistics class because it was hella calculus based and very interesting

this would be a pretty chill choice DESU

fucking god damn computer science majors everywhere

where my biochemists at?

also l0l my grades are a rossman fold