Does he have a point, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7m1s2NFOGyg
youtu.be/pSptkKPo5zo
smbc-comics.com/comics/20081205.gif
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dude why do people enjoy things that I don't lmao

> belittling others for their interests.

Maybe he would be a respectable scientist if he didn't pander to reddit normies for his career.

He's not wrong, you know

The tweet implies he is above vices.

He is not. This is why he is a faggot.

The state of American public education leaves much to be desired. Football isn't what I'd cut first but it that option isn't on the table at my uni.

what a total non sequitur of a tweet, damn.

>The tweet implies he is above vices.
???

>flying cars
airplanes
>brain energy
totally a real thing
>contemplating football
I've never met someone who does this

American public education is about on par with everyone else when you sample only whites.

Right, because your average football fan can just actively choose to be interested in aerodynamic engineering instead of football stats.

What is it with scientists who assume a linear relationship between all things, i.e. "If we didn't focus on this we would have equivalent focus on this?" Do they not understand basic human nature?

>brain energy
>not keeping your brain at 0° kelvin for maximum superconductivity

youtube.com/watch?v=7m1s2NFOGyg

It's really not.

I fucking hate this stupid cocksucker so god damned much. But I can never criticise him because people assume I hate him because he's black, when I actually hate him because he's not close to as smart as he thins he is.

I don't think he meant individuals, but the media and corporation who support big events such as the super bowl. I think Neil's trying to call out the media for perpetuating excitement for events such as the super bowl as opposed to scientific development

Sometimes I wonder if he would have found the cure for cancer by now had he spent a little less brain energy pandering to reddit plebs.

am i le smart and witty now?

It's been scientifically proven that football has ruined the lives of countless people. Destroying men's brains is just the tip of the iceberg.

I agree with him.

>using the electroweak force to communicate between brain parts
>his brainlet isn't sensitive enough to communicate using gravitational waves caused by his thoughts

>Someone actually believes this

This was never the case user, even if you only focus on whites European countries on average always had America beat even in the past. Meanwhile in the present China, Japan and South Korea just simply knock you out from ever getting in the top five.

Reminder
also
>human nature

don't post this

just...

don't post this

Media is a product of demand. People enjoy sports spectacles, so they are provided. If the media aired a bunch of stuff about space, the demand wouldn't magically rise to match football level. Again, the assumption of a linear relationship is faulty, and ultimately Neil's "really makes ya think" is just stupid pseudo-intellectual crap. If you "really" thought about it, it would make sense why simply swapping media hype for football with space shit wouldn't produce an equivalent level of excitement.

Good point but putting all money and time towards research means that people get no to little time or resources for self enjoyment and "free time". People aren't fucking selfless purely work driven machines.

People need creative and entertainment outlets, this is true for all but the most extreme sociopaths.

>Niche, high-demand jobs with an exceptionally small talent pool in an extremely lucrative industry have extremely high pay
Makes you ponder...

Why doesn't this genius go and invent flying cars rather than spending brainpower contemplating snarky tweets?

Why are technocrats so obsessed with efficient time and resource management? Like, if something is used for entertainment and pleasure, it must be coming at the expense of technological progress. I don't get it, isn't this really narrow-minded thinking for a supposed genius?

Gee Idk What's the point of working to further a society that's lack of culture renders its existence meaningless

That is also a good point, but don't you agree that scientific development should be celebrated more by the media? Again, science isn't entirely a emotionless pursuit. For example, I look at certain equations the same way I do artistic masterpieces

You're confusing manufactured mass media and advertising with culture

Why are u so mad

We already have media outlets that focus on niche topics, and celebrate scientific achievements. Problem is not many people give a shit, and that won't change by making big media outlets increase their focus on the science stuff. More than likely, people will stop watching that particular big media outlet, and something else will replace it.

Celebrating scientific advancement is great and all, but it's really hard for your average dude to get stoked about small, everyday advancements that aren't life-altering or visually stimulating. If it was that easy, everyone would be getting STEM degrees.

Because he doesn't like blacks

>but it's really hard for your average dude to get stoked about small, everyday advancements that aren't life-altering or visually stimulating
This too. It's kinda sad that adults are no longer so curious as they were when they were children, desu

Things like football, baseball, and TV shows are intrinsic pieces of American culture. But please, give me your special definition of "real culture."

>implying people who actually care about spectator sports beyond something put on in the background when there's nothing else on tv would have contributed to flying cars in any meaningful way

the number one tell tale sign of a brainlet is if they pay attention to spectator sports or MMA or boxing or NASCAR

FPBP

The person who will invent a viable way to make a flying car isn't going to be the type of person who will lose their focus to some pedestrian activity like football.

I bet you think McDonalds commercials are "culture" too. It's just people selling stuff to you dumbass.

Anyone who's studied eusocial behavior knows that team sports are a symptom of that which binds human society together. To deny it is to deny that which makes us strong.

Except that's bullshit

Watch "Of Ants and Men" if you want to understand the significance of team sports to humanity as a whole. Otherwise please continue to say I'm wrong without providing any supporting evidence.

youtu.be/pSptkKPo5zo

I hate him because he's black

This nigger literally has a white wife.
We'd have flying cars without the niggers

Thats why the jews take it from us whenever they can

Advertisements market a product. Shows and sports ARE the product.
>Ancient civilization pays a sculptor for their work
>Lol no culture here, it's like a commercial he's just trying to sell stuff

>scientific development should be celebrated more by the media?

If science fucking sold, the discovery channel and TLC wouldn't have become walking memes by now. Higher mathematics is boring. Science is boring. Technology is boring. If the human mind was designed to enjoy these things rather than pseudo tribal combat we'd have died out.

He's right. Football sucks dick. Do not know how it became more popular than something trivial like Tag.

Better than boreball or Divegrass.

Scientists need to stop treating science as a religion wherein "progress" is some kind of higher good.

Yeah true the 19th century was bereft of both fun and sense.

Funny how most of them bitch about progress, yet dismiss anything controversial that doesn't fit their frame of reference.

>Kids get saved from terminal illness by science progress
>Instead let's let their parents focus on Jaqayquan the future drug trashed QB's stats and just make sure that praying before bed is enough

Kys dumbass brainlet Jew.

>bad genetics saved by advancing technology
>world falls into a spiral of declining IQ

good shit dumbass

>IQ
lol

>Implying your past life's polio ridden self was somehow good genetics

Again kys.

I don't think it's necessarily about wasted brainpower, as it is about wasted taxpayer funding to teach a handful of students per school to play a fucking game.

The cultural entertainment thing is irrelevant; we shouldn't be spending tax dollars on sports.

>he thinks superconductivity is the electroweak force

>flying cars

He ever hear of airplanes?

Sometimes I wonder if we'd have flying cars by now had civilization spent a little less brain energy shitposting on twitter about what other people do on their spare time.

>Black Science Man hasn't heard of helicopters

Medicine is the ultimate science.

Non-med-fags on suicide watch.

Thank you black science man. I will now not watch the Super Bowl and instead will be getting my PhD in engineering to be able to build flying cars like every corporation wants and will encourage and not sabotage to secure their own incomes.

Flying cars won't be a thing untill they can fly autonomously

No primarily because it's a non sequitur

That is primarily due to how most European nations structure their education systems

After their equivalent of middle school the highest achieving students are sent on to gymnasium which puts them on a track for a university education
The middle cohort goes on to trade schools to learn how to become plumbers, mechanics, electricians, etc
The bottom tier of students go on to a school where they learn things like customer service, how to maintain inventory, and how to operate a cash register

The comparison made thus becomes a comparison between all American high school students and only European gymnasium students

Not an argument.
>fpbp
What a newfag.

He's also not right, so what exactly is your point?

There's a lot of money tied up in athletics programs at universities, especially in football, that could be going to other things. Very few athletics departments actually break even or make their schools money.

The idea is correct, but he's still a smug asshole.

Can someone explain to me what the difference between watching sports and, say, reading fiction books or watching movies is? Why are sports seen as an inferior form of entertainment?

Employment as a form of welfare is a much bigger waste of everything than professional sports will ever be.

nigger

It's actually the fault of religious authority.

>dibs bedora :DDDDD

Look I grew up thinking the earth was 6,000 years old, the fossil record was because of a flood and evolution was a satanic lie, what do you want me to do, call that perfectly acceptable?

And for centuries religious states have desperately tried to keep their authoritarian control on people by burning or beheading anyone who threatened it.

>kids get saved
>get to spend their live in utmost boredom because any form of entertainment that isn't "progress" is hitler

>anyone who prefers entertainment is a jew
>anyone who prefers entertainment is hitler

He may have a point

But he will never not be a hypocrital fajut

>starving children logic
That's the kind of thinking that gets space programs scrapped.

Fucking rayCIS

Sometimes I wonder if we'd have flying cars by now had civilization spent a little less brain energy contemplating memes.

typical fallacious dumb nigger, what do you expect?

smbc-comics.com/comics/20081205.gif

>Implying that I would be doing something more productive if I was not masturbating all day

9/11 pretty much killed the fantasy of flying cars.

>the number one telltale sign of a brainlet is if they participate in forms of entertainment

Anyone who takes "easy, mindless" entertainment seriously would not have contributed anything meaningful anyways. You act as if its only for people who watch sports.

sex is good and healthy

Their called airplanes

I guess I'll keep watching football on sunday evenings 5 months a year then

>brainlet Veeky Forums doesn't understand how the market works

We would have flying cars if we spent less energy on niggers

>watching superbowl
>game takes a huge break so all the biggest companies can flaunt their shiny new ads
>tfw no adblock on my american traditions
People would rather watch baseball than play it, that's a problem, not culture

No, the problem is that american educational facilities have convinced american males that you can't be masculine unless you watch football, and women believed it.

>t. angry virgin

I'm convinced this guy is just a master ruseman.