/sp/ BTFO!!!!!!!!

/sp/ BTFO!!!!!!!!

It's not sports' fault no one can come up with anything groundbreaking anymore. The only "advances" in technology you see nowadays is just tweaks and upgrades to our smartphones.

Stop this shit, OP

We could make them now easily enough

The problem is accidents will be far more fatal

did the football team fuck your oneitis in high school user?

>flying cars

we don't need more toys

and there is nothing wrong with appreciating virtuosic physical performances

Not to mention the legislative nightmare that they would bring

way to go perpetuating not only the stereotype that football players and fans don't contribute brainpower to society, but also that scince people and nerds are weak autistic pussies incapable of understanding why people would like team sports. So progressive of this guy.

>flying cars
>sports are bad

fuck this retard shit, jesus, I know if I had played sports growing up I wouldn't be a depressed sack of shit using my acedemics as the only thing that gives me value in life.

Yes, it's a good thing we don't have flying cars because it would be a lot of work regulating flying cars.

>implying we'll ever have flying cars (actually we already do) and that they're not a horrible idea

>its another 'black science man tweets a non sequitur' episode

Bullshit. If scientific research is so important to him, then he wouldn't have left the field to chase fame and fortune as a "science communicator". (Read: appear on late-night TV and make millions of dollars from speaking engagements and appearances.) It's not as if Stephen Colbert and Seth MacFarlane and his celebrity friends are doing anything to advance science, either.

Of all the human endeavors, he picks football? There's plenty of other completely useless shit people spend gazillions of dollars and tons of manpower and energy on (such as the acting and music and the entirety of the entertainment industry).

Plus, I would argue that college football has had some significance in society. But, that's a different argument for a different day.

There is if you're a redditor

>astrophysicist
>knowing anything about engineering

lmao

is he joking?

Putting his hands behind his biceps so they can appear bigger
>genius

Veeky Forums btfo tho

Not being trying to be pedantic but geez stop calling it a force.

Within a rotating reference frame it looks and acts like a force so calling it that kind of makes sense and is much less of a mouthful than "Effect similar to a force caused by observing from a non-intertial reference frame".

We've already got flying buses, they're called planes.

>posts it on Veeky Forums instead of /sp/.

Beta. Truly fuckig beta.

Sometimes I wonder if we'd have a cure for cancer by now had civilization spent a little less time and energy on watching retarded popsci icons like the black science man from the OP image

Yeah, because everyone's watching football

>acting/music/entertainment is useless

wowza

Didn't he hear about planes, helicopters and other flying vehicles? It's been a thing for some time now

I don't get what people expect when they say we should have flying cars. Do helicopters not meet the criteria?