Is this the one?

Is this the one?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BHreCy6ago0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Plato is the one.

it's pretty good. I would recommend it

No. Just buy the individual Hackett texts and take it slowly (read, take notes, reread, take more notes and read writings on text, repeat.) you'll also get more supplemental and ensure best translations.

does it even have any annotations? that seems like the sort of writing you'd want a lot of annotations for.

Bought it, read it, shit's good senpai. Though the book is dense and big as fuck

Pic related is Hackett

>piece together dozens of Hackett volumes instead of buying one Hackett complete works
why

Yes it does. They're not too common, but in my opinion are offered whenever a major point depends on a specific reference (to an earlier passage or another author, e.g., Hesiod) or translation (e.g., sophrosune, arete). I imagine it would be possible to have way more annotations, but that complete text is fine for most readers.

Are you implying that book participates in the form of the One?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BHreCy6ago0

This is the One. It show you how the bible is made up, which opens the door for the notion that Jesus is in fact Socrates and the New Testament is nothing more a short version of the Roman copy of Greek Knowledge or Hermanic Teachings.

When you can grasp that, you will understand the motivation of religion and philosophy. Philosophy is for the educated as religion is to the ignorant.

just fucking learn Greek already

bumping for interest

>having someone else tell you how to read something

Isn't Fagles the bad translation?

It's a great way to spend $50. Plato is great. Those are also the best translations of Plato. I had to buy this book for the Plato course I took in college and I am still coming back to it years later. Get it.

that would be way more expensive and the marginal benefit is questionable. you can (and should) take it slowly either way.

lol

Was this cervantes' subtle diatribe against spooks?

Well, it's a translation so you're already reading someone elses interpretation anyway

Another up vote for the Hackett edition...my only qualms are paper thickness (allows highlighter bleed through) and the cheesy dust jacket.

E B O O K S
B
O
O
K
S

Seriously, fuck this "aesthetics" shit, ebooks are straight up prettier. Annotation's shit though.

>why

The individual ones have more/better intros/notes/etc.

Probably not worth the price difference though, it'll probably cost you $300+ to get them all.

This

god this post is retarded

Enough with this shitty paradox.