Hello

Hello

I am conducting a very simple survey across Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums , & /ic/ .
Please take a moment of your time to answer these questions, i`ll post the results soon

>Do you carry a pen/pencil with you everyday?
> If yes, what do you use?
>Do you carry a notebook with you everyday?
>In your personal opinion, what is the highest triumph of humananities achievments thus far?
(Can be anything from astronomical observations to the printing press to cheese pizza)
>What do you consider to be the high forms of art?
>The low forms?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EtgNPaI8S60
jetpens.com/Yasutomo-Y-C-Gel-Xtreme-Gel-Pen-0.5-mm-Black/pd/11473
jetpens.com/Uni-ball-Signo-207-Retractable-Gel-Pen-0.5-mm-Black-Body-Black-Ink/pd/7298
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no
no
computers and internet
things that have lasted and are closely related to a culture of their time like the Parthenon or Hearst Castle
pop radio channel music

>>Do you carry a pen/pencil with you everyday?
Yes. Parts of my work involves signing a lot of document, ink on paper.
>> If yes, what do you use?
Preferred tool is Pilot V Ball Grip 07, blue ink.
>>Do you carry a notebook with you everyday?
No
N/A
>>In your personal opinion, what is the highest triumph of humananities achievments thus far?
Age of Enlightenment
>(Can be anything from astronomical observations to the printing press to cheese pizza)
>>What do you consider to be the high forms of art?
Any art that breaks new ground, making people think constructively.
>>The low forms?
Yet another round of mice on formaldehyde.

Yes I carry a pen.
I carry a small notebook in my jacket

The wheel

Mountain climbing
Shitposts on Veeky Forums

No.

No.

>In your personal opinion, what is the highest triumph of humananities achievments thus far?
There isn't a single one of them that's worth so much more than the others.

Are you asking me "what is art"? I'm not going to answer.

>The low forms?
What's with that segreggation? kys

>No
>N/A
>No
>N/A
>smart phones/todays average tech in general
>Classical, i.e renaissance art
>Modern bullshit i.e a sculpture of a giant vagina

>Datamine: the post

Yeah, no. Duck off.

lol yeah it might seem like it

i`m just curious about how different the answers will be across these three boards.

Do people on Veeky Forums & /ic/ carry notebooks with them every day to write down ideas/doodles?
Do people on Veeky Forums have a different idea of 'art' than people on /ic/?
Are there more brainlets on Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums?

idk man but we shall see

>Do you carry a pen/pencil with you everyday
I never leave home without my bag and I have a pen there.

I use it to take notes or sign stuff sometimes. This is not regular use though.

No

>what is the highest triumph of humanity

Set Theory and possibly equivalent theories like Wildberger Theory, also known as M-set Theory or whatever. I don't think he has given it an exact name.

I would say "all of mathematics" but to be more concise it is better to name the theory that creates all of mathematics as the best thing. Set Theory directly implies analysis, geometry, algebra, etc.

>What do you consider to be the high forms of art

The highest form of art is that which encodes in itself an entire philosophy of life and in its narrative it argues for and/or against why it should be embraced by humanity in the future.

See Tengen Toppan Gurren Lagann and Berserk for examples of this.

>The low forms?

The lowest form of art is that which is just technically art.

Like for example a drawing with no meaning. It is "art" but only because we call paintings art. In other words, art that does nothing with itself.

See "The Asterisk Wars" for an example of this. 99.9% of all western movies also qualify, actually. So just go to the movies for an example. I heard Rogue one is out. I haven't see it but I can almost guarantee: It has no meaning.

Pens

uni ball Signo 207's. Nothing special.

No.

N/A

(Can be anything from astronomical observations to the printing press to cheese pizza)
Creating single economic systems to the scale of the American mega-regions without killing ourselves off yet. It should have been surprisingly easy even before nuclear weapons to fuck up and starve off entire continents if a single war went too far or go all the way back to the Stone age by burning one too many libraries etc etc
(Just go on Google images satellite view and look at Europe or North America and you'll see what I mean, all the gray things are urban areas. I find it incredible, at least).

Filthy Frank videos, especially his music. Old Joji music and his new Pink Guy stuff, not a fan of the "schock value" stuff in his "Pink Guy" album, though. McDonalds rap is fucking amazing even at face value.
Just take a look at the lyrics.
>a lava lamp holding socrates is less post modern than ronald
Hole shet

youtube.com/watch?v=EtgNPaI8S60
>The low forms?
Modern art that tries too hard to be "BRO DEEP LMAO"

Yes
Either jetpens.com/Yasutomo-Y-C-Gel-Xtreme-Gel-Pen-0.5-mm-Black/pd/11473
or jetpens.com/Uni-ball-Signo-207-Retractable-Gel-Pen-0.5-mm-Black-Body-Black-Ink/pd/7298
Yes
One 200-sheet notebook for scratchwork and one ~120-sheet notebook for class notes
>>In your personal opinion, what is the highest triumph of humananities achievments thus far?
The nuclear bomb
The fine arts in general... classical music, painting, sculpture, etc. from any era. I am tolerant of modern art, in so far as it is aesthetically pleasing/interesting.
>>The low forms?
All popular music (except jazz). Any art that is created due to capitalistic motivation.

>Only when I'm going to class or think I might need it
>Usually carry a fountain pen or a Pilot G2
>I don't carry a notebook with me unless I have my backpack because that's fucking retarded
>I use a normal college ruled notebook to keep up appearances as a normie
>memes
>memes
>memes

Yes, aluminum black ballpoint pen with glass breaker.

No

Quantum Computers/Computers in general

Any art that takes time, will and skill to produce, and is unique to its creator.

Modern art, like a broken pickaxe laying on a baby's stroller kind of modern art.

bump

cross-posting from Veeky Forums is not allowed on Veeky Forums

I carry multiple mechanical pencils
Generic target mechanical pencils
During the semesters i do, but during the breaks i do not
generic target notebooks
Humanities greatest achievement would be understanding the potential energy kept between the atom
Mathematics
>The low forms?
Rap, period drawling crafted by SJW

somewhat sci related anyway, stop being a police faggot

I will not. I hate Veeky Forums with a burning passion and I will not stop until it is abolished, along with all the humanities.

No
No
Internet
Highest form of art: well composed music, this can be anywhere from pre-classical era composers to modern groups such as Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Basically I mean any sort of music that causes the listener to feel deep emotions and/or think deeply. This doesn't happen with modern bubblegum pop.
Worst form: 99.9% of movies that are released nowadays. They all have the same predictable plots and characters with little to no symbolism or creative meaning

>being this salty for failing extremely easy gen ed courses

Cry more, numale. Writing 3-page double-spaced essays isn't difficult.

Not who you were initially replying too, but English 2 was my only B in undergrad. Albeit that my professor was a phd student from Stanford who taught us as if we were all English majors.

yes
a pencil
yes
a notebook........
>In your personal opinion, what is the highest triumph of humananities achievments thus far? (Can be anything from astronomical observations to the printing press to cheese pizza)
the internet
anime. specifically cute girls doing cute things
>The low forms?
Mona Lisa (that bitch was ugly)

No
No
Stockings. Post stockings please.
anime
anything else

>carry a pen or pencil?
Yes. Pilot v5 - cheap and writes well
>notebook?
Yes. A folded up peice of paper.
>best thing humans have ever done
Established dominion over the earth
>highest art form
Musical composition. Anybody can draw. Anybody can practice tequnuiqe. Not everybody can make make a good sounding peice of music.
>lowest art form
>there's no such thing as truly bad art. Otherwise it's not art.

OK, so when will be get a summary of findings?

Q1. No, I steal them when I need them. Which isn't often.
Q2. No, Notebook is cuck Macfag software. I use vi daily.
Q3. This one's tricky. Between Unix System 7 and Plan 9 from Bell Labs. Probably going to have to go with Plan 9
Q4. Type theory, particularly homotopy. Quantum programming i.e. quipper. Rap.
Q5. C

Whoops, looked like I skipped a step. Type checking would prevent this

>rap
spit bars you stupid piece of shit. I bet you have nothing. go ahead, load anything up, do it a capella, i bet you can't rap at all you fucking cuck. I bet you can't write a lick of haskell and you can't fucking rap either, you fucking piece of shit

Wow, what a shitty rap.

yes
no
no
a notebook
meme magic
memes
>>The low forms?
everything before 2008

id also like a debrief on this survey

kind of
google docs
yes
paper/google docs
civil rights movements that are successful
all types of art, from Bertrand Russell to Bob Dylan to Jackson Pollock
>>The low forms?
instagram photography

>Do you carry a pen/pencil with you everyday? If yes, what do you use?
I carry two mechanical pencils and a single pen.
No. I probably would if I was a woman, though. That's the glory of bag space.
>In your personal opinion, what is the highest triumph of humanity's achievements thus far? (Can be anything from astronomical observations to the printing press to cheese pizza)
Written language.
Music, applied chemistry (includes cooking), computer programming, film, technique-based fighting, creative writing/storycrafting, complex embroidery, 2D & 3D graphic design/animation, and drawing/painting media
>The low forms?
Fashion, fashion, marketing (includes memes, politicking, and social media posting), photography & photo editing, fashion, technical writing, fashion, and anything that's just a normal human experience (comedy, romance, reasoning)
Also, fashion.

>Do you carry a notebook?
>Majority of answers say no.

I am disappointed Veeky Forums.

>lowest form of art
>fashion

hard to believe believe no one mentioned it before, but then again, i wouldn't dignify it with the title of art

I see some buttblasted posters and I don't, dare I say it, want to point someone.

You are going to have to elaborate.

Nice meme, I'll give that one a (You)

Plot twist: there are fewer brainless on /Ic/ than Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums

no

no

>(Can be anything from astronomical observations to the printing press to cheese pizza)
The extension of life expectancy

Art is subjective, but I personally prefer literature, music, and paintings

>The low forms?
I dislike fashion, games, and architecture

Hi NSA. I'll answer since I'm not American.
>yes I do
>a BIC mechanical pencil and a Parker pen
>occasionally
>toshiba satellite a300 (not my main machine. I have a desktop for that.)
>high tech physics instruments (like the one the guys in LIGO have)
>classical music, classical sculpture and paintings, maths
>modern """art""""

t. nigger

I usually have a notebook and mechanical pencil, the notebook is from some recycled paper company, I can't read the logo

computers or the internet, probably the internet if I have to choose one

music, literature, and visual art (anything that's entirely subjective)

culinary arts, martial arts, fashion (anything that could be considered objective)

>triumph of humananities
>humananities
>humananities

I carry a dollar-store pencil. Lead is always breaking: surprisingly, some CEO printed "ultra-tough lead" on the package. Huh, a ceo lying, again.

Paper notebook most of the time, yes. Again, dollar store, lined.

Humanities? While Syria burns and expands. Not. Ok, so the psychopaths haven't pushed all the buttons yet. That's something.

I'm not art-ificial, artsy, farsy. Snobs and people so pretentious and egotistical that they actually believe their noise, spasms, bodies or crafts are a gift to humanity or useful while people and the earth burn. It's only people without a life who follow them anyway.

I suppose anything that is practical and useful is bound to be a true form of high art, creativity, civility, humanity, decency, honor...

based af

Yes.

Precise V5 (seriously, I just can't write with a ballpoint.)

Yes.

Small 3"x5" thing that fits in my pocket, not picky about brand.

The invention of the possessive phrase. ("humanity's", you cod!) Also, spelling. ("achievements", yeesh...)

Beyond that, language. There are greater achievements, which language is built upon, but I suppose they would date back to something before "humanity" could be so credited.

...and the beginnings of expanding into space, humans being the only species with a real chance of saving the story of the struggle of all those before it and taking it beyond this fragile biosphere.

Whatever the most complex, informative, evocative, and immersive form of storytelling is at the time, for the individual so subjected. For me this is the long form novel, be it fiction or non, but whatever works best at informing the target audience.

>The low forms?
Music. Not that low art is all bad, but this rarely relates enlightenment beyond the emotional, and often does so in destructive ways, forming more divisions and cliques among people, rather than the harmonies it is often made up of.

Not that prelingual influence in general is useless either, but one cannot predict the effect it will have on the individual, so I tend to value "art" that has some specific conscious enlightenment, while evoking emotion, rather than that which merely stimulates the unconscious and emotional mind to no particular end.

bump.

waiting for results