Scientifically Why is life so boring?

Scientifically Why is life so boring?

So there's incentive for it to not be so.

Boring people lead boring lives.

The alternative would have you feeling content over nothing. Creatures who feel content over nothing would likely be outbred into extinction were they to ever emerge since the creatures who feel discomfort over lack of accomplishments would be more motivated to reproduce.

Survival. We live in a universe where random shit happens. Random shit that will fuck you up. Earthquake, volcanoes, war, drought, and so on. You always need to have a good amount of variation to be prepared. Thus boredom is an incentive to drive you to do and find something new. So you build up variation for when shit hits the fan. And shit will always hit the fan. Look at sexual reproduction. Look at why intelligent people always try new things. Of course your ability to learn is limited by your brain. You get old and can no longer learn things like you use to. Then new things scare the shit out of you since you can't learn and adapt. And then you become a conservative and hate change.

TLDR: Don't lay your eggs all in one basket.

You are afraid of being nothing.

This includes doing nothing. (lack of stimulation)
Having no identity, (loser)
And experiencing nothing. (meditation and death)

You are simply not acceptingthepresent. The always try and change it, whether consciously or not.

Once you stop this then your life will be perfect.

Life is boring because you did too much coke and jacked off too many times to Tawainnese Fortune Cookie Characters,

You have to wrestle and lose and lose and lose before you win.

Personally the "fuck as many chicks as you can" game keeps me on my toes. I figure cognition will be outsourced to thinking machines. Might as well have some fun and some challenge.

The world of Maya is harsh to megalomaniacs and systemizers.

this is the most retarded "lol fuck bitches mang" post i've ever read.

life is boring if you're blind to what's around you, lacking interpretation, being stressed and ripe with anxiety. those elements will inhibit how you view things.

Subjectively*
Science can only explain why it's boring for YOU

because u dont have money...

Familiarity.

Contrary to popular belief, dying at age 90 isn't so bad since everything you know is old news and the pain of a ripe body is overwhelming.

life with her wouldn't be boring

Because you never get out

none of it is random

you aren't supposed to live long after your 30.

Because you're not in constant fear of violent death or starvation.

I wanted to fuck her until I saw the tattoo.

Fuck I hadn't seen it. Thanks for ruining the night asshole.

Because let's face it, you are not really trying.

because --- not enough women with tits like that ^

>2017
>being bored

is a tattoo the borderline of degeneracy required to reject your natural urge?

Because you're not doing drugs i guess, drugs are the only thing keeping me from committing suicide, they're awesome

I read a NYT article once that attempted to explain why love feels less good over time. It said that if making love felt as good every time as it did the first time, that's all we would ever do, and probably die because we can't pay attention to the unpleasant task that is trying to survive.

This is kind of in line with the finding that lab rats who are fitted with an electrode that enables them to self-administer a pleasurable reward signal directly to their own brains, just push the lever that triggers the signal endlessly until they die of starvation. So I guess think about that the next time you feel bored.

Tats are just tacky. Doesn't matter what they are.
I don't see this ending badly for you. Not at all.

I know people with money who jet around the world to escape the pain, but they're alcoholics and they hate their lives.

becouse Virtual Reality is just starting.... not enough content - it will get better, the time will heal everything

Because having and raising a family should be the most interesting thing there is to do, from an evolutionary standpoint.

But still I prefer to hate my life rich than poor

This doesn't answer the question why life almost always ends up being boring no matter what you do.

I think there exist a handful of people who are not bored with life, and those people are probably pursuing some sort of passion. I wouldn't be surprised if many scientists (ones who are not merely pursuing science as a career, but as a life-long passion) are not bored with their lives.

>Earthquake, volcanoes, war, drought

Not random at all.

>Survival

Life is boring because we PASSED that point. We don't struggle (real struggle, like bludgeoning the head of another mammal with a rock to eat its flesh) to survive. I literally sat on the couch all day and shitposted on Veeky Forums.

Cont.

Of course, I'm talking about the life of an average citizen of the West. Go to Africa ask people if their lives are "boring".

Because of threads like these.

because your dick is small faggot.

Because you do too few things which could make it more interesting.

Scientifically you say? Idk. Maybe cause life is just a process,a step. We only born to die. (That's mostly philosophy actually)