Ok, Julius Evola might be a horrible example, but in all honesty, replace his name with Foucault...

Ok, Julius Evola might be a horrible example, but in all honesty, replace his name with Foucault, Lacan or hell even Plato and it would look equally as ridiculous.

Can we admit on this dumbass board that reading doesn't get you laid? And, maybe, that it doesn't pop up on women's radar, at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

vox.com/2016/4/21/11451378/smug-american-liberalism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This thread didn't need to be made

Of course it doesn't. Being excited and passionate gets you laid. If you just monotone your way through conversations on books no one will care. But if you get excited and psych up someone with all the little things you love in a book or an author's work it wets the pussy boss. Just consider how flaccid you get when a woman looks at you with complete lack of interest.

>pedestalizing pussy this badly

Ok

reading to avoid not getting laid doesn't mean reading to get laid

this
>Being excited and passionate gets you laid
No, being attractive gets you laid.

I imagine that would be true of Plato and Lacan, but you could probably get women interested by talking about Foucault the right way.

I actually hooked up with a girl at a bar talking about Dubliners.

I was flying on a natural high because of a number of simple things; my birthday was that week, I won a football game the night prior on a field goal, it was nice and cloudy yet warm outside, and I ran a 5k that morning with a new PB. All this made me super energetic and excited and next thing I knew I was just describing the life of Joyce and turn of the century Irish political identity to a random girl at a party and she was fascinated by everything I said.
There's that and then there's
>'so d-do you read books or anything?'
>'no'
>'haha c-cool'

Because he's gay and trendy.

Fucking typical.

Women are disgusting, one would be best off avoiding females since girls are somewhat unobtainable and women are disgusting; also girls will become women.

Or he talks about sex. It could be that.

You're typical btw

delet this

She was impressed because of whatever stone age hardware you were plugging into.
You could have been talking about door knobs, you unaware fuck.

the smugness of the right really irritates me sometimes. And this comes from a conservative.

That was the point of my post, user

you appear to be the unaware one

is this a new meme

No one here has ever claimed that reading gets you pussy
I imagine roughly 10% of the posters here have ever had sex

Then don't pretend reading gets you fucking laid.

Women have made me attracted to post-op trannies. I need a male brain in a female body desu.

I wasn't you sperg. The clear point of my post was being energetic and passionate is what does it.

Lol, if anyone is smug it's the left... Even leftists admit this: vox.com/2016/4/21/11451378/smug-american-liberalism

>liberals
>left

Read

Of course just reading doesn't get you laid. That's just fucking stupid. However, reading can influence and expand your personality and intelligence and those things can definitely get you laid. Getting laid isn't just about something you do, it's about all the things you do and how they add up to you as a person.

pic unrelated

>Liberals
>Leftists
kek
Anyway my GF is pretty red, so reading the manifesto clearly got me somewhere

So do Lacan and Freud, but they're not going to help you a whole lot. Foucault does it in a trendy way.

In the mainstream liberals are considered to be the left.

I'm sorry I didn't take your lil Badiou inspired Maoist cell of activists into consideration.

In my country we call anything that's more left than liberals ( I know you're commies, shut up, I know you don't consider them left, go die ), "the small left", because, you know, you're insignificant.

>my country
>not america
opinion disregarded for complete unimportance

I thought you guys were internationalists and loved shithole countries?

I'm not a leftist
I just make it a point to not listen to shitskins

>So do Lacan and Freud, but they're not going to help you a whole lot

I remember when Veeky Forums actually didn't lie about being in college

Just because im an internationalist doesn't mean i think your shithole country and poverty tier education turned you into an exemplar of humanity or intelligence.

Because of what? Not giving you the 'honour' of being called "the left"?

How foolish of me to call liberals leftists when the majority of people consider them as such.
We should totally listen to campus kids instead. The true champions of the working class.

On what campus will knowledge of Freud and Lacan get you laid?

Faggy intellectual cachet is the only reason I've ever gotten laid, aside from being funny. I'm ugly and autistic and frankly unpleasant otherwise.

The trick is to build an actual persona out of it, rather than using it as a one-trick pony or crutch. Don't just go DID YOU KNOW I HAVE READ FOUCAULT???, but weave it into an overall persona where you're a passionate intellectual scholar guy, a diamond-in-the-rough weirdo charming spergman, and you'll get laid. Bonus points if it's genuine, but I don't see why you can't affect the whole thing, really.

It also helps to do the normal quasi-PUA shit like taking every opportunity you can, obviously. But you need some kind of baseline persona, and being le passionate patrician man is perfectly fine as long as you know how to do it properly.

Being funny and having balls is #1 though. You can get laid infinitely using the Internet as long as you can make them laugh and register yourself on their radar by surprising them.

Even if reading gets you laid, Plebto I mean Plato wouldn't be the author to do it

not him but being sympathetic to =! taking their word as dogma
theres kinda a concept called the lumpenproletariat

Lacan sure. Freud no. Foucault yes. But I'm bi leaning les so my advice if you want to bang is to drop the shrewdness and just go gay and be in the humanities.

We're having more sex and a better time than all of you.

>Being funny

That's where I fail. So all the rest doesn't matter.
I can't be witty.
I can reference to funny comedians, shows, whatever, but no actual wit.

Evola wouldn't approve of what Steve is doing

I would if I could, but unfortunately that's not an option. Not going into the humanities has been biggest regret.

Now that I think of it Ebola wrote an entire book about sex even though he died a virgin.

what gave you the idea that men read to get laid in the first place?

This thread is such a load of horseshit, jesus christ you guys are delusional. Being attractive gets you laid, nothing else. Having an energetic and extroverted personality only makes you available, it lets people know that you're normal. But they won't have the faintest interest if you're not attractive. The only hope if you're ugly is to hook up with someone sloshed out of their mind and hope they don't charge you with rape. I can only imagine some gross Veeky Forums autist trying to flirt with girls by being ranting about Pynchon or something.

You guys are worse than /pol/ with the bullshit you believe.

Not by cheerleaders, but I can guarantee that if you read some fundamentals on Marxism then go join your uni's communist group or w/e you have a good chance.

Hah! Commie and anarchist groups are filled with uggos and desperately lonely people. I'm not saying out of resentment; I've been to some. It's also been documented how easily the FBI can infiltrate these groups and tear them apart by having the members fall in love with the charismatic, attractive operatives. This board has become incredibly stupid, you people actually believe doing anything other than being attractive can get you laid. It never used to be great, but it wasn't filled with these idiots.

You seem to be implying that I have some sort of standards or self-respect

Maybe you'll be successful, but only if you're attractive. Assuming somebody only has reading at their disposal to woo a girl, they will fail miserably.