Fuuuuuuuuuck dude, this man is a living meme

fuuuuuuuuuck dude, this man is a living meme

like how can one guy get so fucking hyped up about fucking numbers?

I fucking love numberphile.

Why do they always write on coarse brown paper?

because it's the superior paper

I just assumed that this guy is on some sort of amphetamine in every video. Sure is amusing though

This guy is a meme and will achieve nothing of value his entire life.

It's kind of funny watching how excited he always is

He doesn't seem like he's putting it on at all either, I think he really does gets this erect talking about math

>Implying being a meme has no value

You don't know anything about him.

he already has his face posted here every single week so at least some other spergs see some value in him.

This guy is a REDDIT character and if you watch him with any sincerity I suggest you promptly end yourself.

how many people do?

fuck you faggot, he is just a guy who love numbers to much.

I wonder if he's still a virgin

Do you honestly think a woman would NOT want to mate with that?

because it shows up better on camera when you have to switch between person and paper.

with white paper there's a gay lag time as the camera adjusts.

Dr. Grime is the best

There are many pseudo-intellectual youtube channels out there. On Numberphile they go to people with a Ph.D. in their respective field. They're beyond masters, they are literally advancing the state of mathematics. And you get a 5, 10, sometimes even 30 minute peek at that understanding.

Dr. Grimes is based as fuck, just like the rest of them, and I hope nothing you fags say on here will change that fact.

I like him, even if the stuff he explains is pretty trivial. I met him in person once at one of his Enigma lectures, nice guy.

I don't think Cambridge hires people based on meme credibility.

But it's e, you twat! It's the fucking Euler constant. How could you not be excited about this number? I fucking bathe in the number e. I snort that shit up my nose, and when I do, I can see myself becoming an infinite summation of the reciprocals of all factorials. This number, this goddamn number transcends what it means to be human. I hope that one day, I can become one with the number, and when I do, I'll empty my balls so hard into it that it and EVERY SINGLE ONE of its infinite derivatives will become pregnant with my little bastard children, because, as we all know, it's been mathematically proven that the number e is the fucking nut.

why would an oiler have a constant lmao

try hard faggot spotted

math babies are always the ones who are the most fascinated with random constants.

>come here time to time
>this is the first post
c-can i stay here ?

>like how can one guy get so fucking hyped up about fucking numbers?

Isn't e a letter, though?

I've never understood e.

We're adding an infinitely small amount to the multiplicative identity, and then multiplying the result by itself infinitely many times?

Then when we construct an exponential function with this value, it is the function that is it's own derivative.

Then, when we extend R to C this thing is like the holy grail; it is often easier to carry out all of our mathematics when the numbers are expressed polar form.

Is any of this intuitive to you guys? I realize I am a pleb, but I would really like to understand this.

I'd go gay for him.

Holy smokes. Never mind I just watched his video and it actually explains it really well.

Whenever you try to look at math in any way other than objectively, you come to odd or plain wrong conclusions. You could extend what you just said to how integrals and Riemann sums are "unintuitive", as well.

>random constants.
IT'S NOT JUST A CONSTANT, IT'S FUCKING e! IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT NUMBER OF ALL FUCKING TIME YOU GODDAMN RETARD
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But those things actually make sense to me... at least, I think they do...

You're taking almost zero quantities and adding up an infinite amount of them in a Riemann sum. Same thing here, in a way. You're taking 1+~0 and multiplying it together a ton of times. Also, it's nonsensical to think of "e" like:
[math]\displaystyle 1+\frac{1}{n} = \frac{n+1}{n} \\
\therefore e = \frac {\left(\infty+1\right)^{\infty}} {\infty^\infty}
[/math]
for the same reason.

Good point. Thank you.

Bong here - I've actually met Dr. Grime and he is pretty autistic.

>, I think he really does gets this erect talking about math
kek

>le sirius 4chen uzer

I hate this fake cunt

>e!
>important
show me one example of 4.260820476... being useful

You are looking at the only practical application of pure mathematics research.

kek, okay

let's just ignore calculus, topology, differential geometry, combinatorics, number theory, probability theory, group theory, etc.

literally grocery bags from the 1990s. I find it humorous.

>not getting erect about graduate level mathematics
have you even lived bruh?

post more numberphile memes please, i fucking lve them
wasnt there at least one green text story screencap?

that meme tho top kek

>let's just ignore calculus, topology, differential geometry, combinatorics, number theory, probability theory, group theory, etc.

Lol, let's just ignore that the practical ones weren't discovered by "Pure mathematics research"

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...
>r(e)^x
The math checks out

I know right, edmonton oilers' constant? What a joke this is Veeky Forums not /sp/

This one, you mean?

Somebody post the one with mr. Klein bottle.

I assume you're talking about Cliff Stoll? I haven't seen one with him yet.

Crossed out "in". Got me good.

>mfw I used to unironically watch their channel for entertainment.

I had a professor who had one of cliff stoll's klein bottles in his office, when I saw it I said "nice bong"