Lets cook

Lets cook
Todays cook is bacon wrapped steak bites
You will need

Half a kilo of rump steak or similar
25 slices bacon of choice
Thyme, oregano, marjoram, rosemary (fresh for fucks sake)

Normally I would sous vide to rare or so, but haven't the time today. You want to let your steak get to room temperature first.

>Thyme, oregano, marjoram, rosemary

All this, why?

>fresh for fucks sake
You're making literal fattie neet food. Why does it matter that it's fresh

The next step is cooking your steak. I am assuming we all know how that works, but also note that for this dish a flat pan works best, else you will get some bites with lots of seary malliard goodness, and some with none. I use coconut oil, but anything non aromatic with a sufficiently high smoke point will do.

Because dried herbs completely fuck the texture in this. Also I served these as canapes at a couple of high end members clubs in London, albeit with a few additions.

You now want to rest your steak, allowing the cells to reabsorb the meat juice and close up the cell walls.

>cell walls
Americans lol

Congratulations! You embarrassed yourself.

>Thyme, oregano, marjoram, rosemary (fresh for fucks sake)
Of all the herbs there are, these matter least in terms of freshness. If all you're making is steak wrapped in bacon, dried will be fine. Don't use dried basil, parsley etc.

Cell walls in a piece of beef?

learn to biology

>bacon wrapped steak
into the trash it goes

He means cell membranes.

No u
That's what i meant with americans

>learn to biology

Exactly. And biology states that plant cells have "cell walls" whereas animal cells have "cell membranes" instead.

I can't believe I had to explain that to you.....

Agreed that it matters less, but definitely has an impact on the texture of this food.
Apologies for the delay chaps, you now want to cut the steak, and apply the herbs to the inside of your bacon, and wrap leaving the unseared side exposed.
I also apologise to all and any scientifically minded anons for the inaccuracy regarding cell walls/membranes

Bump

Pan, nice and hot...

He explicitly stated he wasn't American you faggot.

Did he died?

>paying attention to tripfag mouth-diarrhea

dried oregano is objectively better than fresh, stupid memeing trip pleb

Now you need to ensure the bacon is wrapped evenly and ideally slightly overlapping the edge, as the bacon fat will shrink as it cooks.
Sorry m80, I was selling drugs
Have a nice day
Consider the possibility of both having merits based on application

They only need a quick finish in the pan, thin bacon is best for this reason.

Impale, and serve at your party or other social event.
I have had sucess serving these with a whisky sauce, demi, bacon jam, and bearnaise.
If to be paired with a drink, older bourbon or a speyside are good

Is this intended to be an hors d'oeuvre? Do you serve them with a sauce?

Disregard.