So the general opinion here

So the general opinion here
Is that nobody reads Heidegger on Veeky Forums.

Do you agree?

1% is probably generous

Okay, but what about existentialism in general?

I believe everyone with some basic education has been exposed to a certain extent to the ideas of existentialism... Possibly not German existentialism, but at least the watered-down French one.

...to the point many recognize it as soon as you debate it.

And ROBOT9001, I argue, is evidence that when you force people to create (and not to repeat themselves), you truly end up scratching the walls of the Heideggerian box we are all born in.

As someone reading him right now everyone is better off that way. He's probably disinterested me in continuing any further study in philosophy.

he triggers analytics so we dont talk about him

Don't link /r9k/. Sage.

This. Like 1/1000 people have beaten hw1 or know who allende is or can easilly outdraw van gouge on Veeky Forums.

>He's probably disinterested me in continuing any further study in philosophy.
Over the course of my life, I keep meeting people who tell me things like:
>after reading X
>I gave up philosophy

The difference is in their emotional attachment to it.

E.g.:
>After reading Wittgenstein [enthusiast]
>I realized all philosophy is over [enthusiast]

Or:
>After reading Heidegger [sad]
>I realized philosophy is just full of bullshit [bitter]

The most interesting part of it is the angle.

Interestingly, for me philosophy is over just because Academia is full of douches. :)

And I was one of them. Still am, I suppose.

>he triggers analytics so we dont talk about him
I don't get this joke. My apologies!

>leaving philo because of douches and not because of career
Stop making decisions.

who are the other german existentialists?

What did he mean by this?

Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot

Heidegger is fucking unreadable and everyone will tell you that, even philosophers. Babble

That's mean.

4u
i found it hard at first, but if you take your time and TAKE NOTES is not that hard, now hegel on the other hand...

They say the same about Hegel.

The trouble is that no one takes the time to familiarize themselves with their terminology beforehand.

I can't tell you how many idiots get the wrong ideas about Hegel due to his use of the word 'state', when Hegel's usage is much more all-encompassing than just 'government/governing institutions' - what most people think of when they hear 'state'.

>state
What did Hegel mean by this?

"Being and time" is unreadable if you don't approach it with at least some sort academic mindset. You need to study it for getting the most of it. Taking notes and writing about the relations between the concepts.

i honestly have no fucking clue he really didnt make a declarative statement

i guess this is /r9k/ style shitposting

>You need to study it for getting the most of it. Taking notes and writing about the relations between the concepts.
This, you can push through it all you can/want, but at some point you will need to check some concept which obviously isnt in your mind anymore because H has created like 3 more since that one and you are going to get lost.
And I wouldnt reccomend reading any sencondary "guide" material or whatever, they will probably just end up getting everything even more messy.

>I don't get this joke. My apologies!
it wasnt a joke

I read Heidegger when I was 17. I think it's obvious there's a dearth of Heidegger familiarity here on Veeky Forums, not that I'm remotely familiar even.