How to understand analysis?

I'm currently studying Computer Science and we have subjects Analysis I, II and III.

I've always had a natural love for mathematics, but Analysis really confuses me. I mean, I understand most of the concepts used for solving problems, but when it comes to theory it seems so bloated and scattered that it's hard to make sense out of it all. No structure at all - just hundreds and hundreds of proofs, building one on top of the other, without any apparent meaning...how does one make sense out of it?
I really don't want to go through college without learning every single thing there is to know.

TL;DR
Analysis doesn't make sense to me. How do I make it make sense to me?

If these are Analysis courses for CS majors then drop those and take it under the math department.

...I can't really "drop" courses and take another ones, it's not how it works on my college. I enrolled in a specific department and I have my own set of subjects which I have to pass in order to finish the semester. An option to "drop class" doesn't exist.

>inb4 meme college
Yeah, Bosnian education sucks.

Buy Understanding Analysis by Abbott, read it, then move onto Rudin.

What topics are covered? Metric spaces, manifolds, function spaces, measures?

>math courses by non-math department
Thank God I didn't have this shit in my uni. Can't imagine how horrible it would be.

I bet Analysis I, II and III are just fancy names of the usual Calc I, II and III.

OP is most definitely doing a meme degree.

you are right help me pls

rip

What kinds of proofs are you doing and why do you not see meaning in them?

OP, don't you even find those courses beautiful?

Fuck off. Real analysis is useful to find some real functions-related algorithms, calculate complexities and proving algorithms. Any CS major who doesn't do math is a confirmed code monkey.

>Calc
Isn't that, like, a high-school subject?

You misread his post. He saying he should do the full course instead of watered down CS version.

>CS
>not maths
maybe in your shitty uni mate :^)

>muh set notation, logical qualifiers, and 10 line induction proofs are so HARDC0R3!

Why would a CS major need real analysis, the least useful field of math and the one most far removed from CS?

OP would be better off dropping analysis and taking a real combinatorics course.

>real analysis, the least useful field of math and the one most far removed from CS

The obliviousness of CS majors never ceases to amaze me.

>a real combinatorics course

Undergrad combinatorics courses are a joke. He's better off learning analysis and then doing a graduate course(s) on combinatorics.

>t. angry code monkey trying to validate himself by pretending he knows any math on Veeky Forums's Veeky Forums

Most high schools around the world barely finish Calculus I.

>implying
pic related are the last questions of section 1 of my final high school maths exam, which is a bit more advanced calculus

what the fuck. Where are you from?

It's the advanced further maths exam from UK. To be fair, most only do normal maths or just further maths.

Analysis is achieved by being open-minded and bright. It can't be taught, only accepted as a gift of intelligence.

Many people can't see the best answer because that would involve working and having attention, skill and coordination. Lottery ticket sales show how many people have nothing but luck as their hope. They're not good analysts in any field, notably odds.

Stop being such a brainlet, for one.

College in general, and comp sci specifically are not designed to learn everything possible. Is just shitty job training you pay for instead of a company wasting money on you.

It's great that you get to sort of choose already in HS. Here you're stuck with the standard curriculum or vocational which is for literal retards.