How can child geniuses be so childish?

youtube.com/watch?v=7dnxUq9fMv8

Watching this vid just makes me wonder, why is there a definite distinction between intellectually genius and emotionally mature? I don't seem to understand how its possible that a child can have a bachelors in maths at age 13 but be so immature, emotionally anyways

Wtf is intelligence?

Bonus points: He says he cant describe why he knows the answer but he just knows it, the fuck? can anyone with assburgers explain

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conjunction_fallacy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't watch this, Jesus Christ.

according to the kid, Newton and Einstein had assburgers.

Well thats the thing, outside of mathematics he just appears to have the general intelligence of a child, very one dimensional. How is he capable of "thinking" like a math genius but cant apply this to other areas? Or is the answer hes not thinking at all and it just appears before him - like cheating or something?

>Open University

Dropped.

Pic related, his name is considered synonymous with genius yet here he is poking his tongue out like a goof.

You can be the smartest person in the world but you're still a human with a human brain and human condition.

Intelligent people aren't perfect through and through

Because people keep mistaking high IQ for a catch all in high general intelligence.

A lot of what limits people are their fears of looking like goofs. They go to such extents to avoid looking like goofs they spend almost no energy getting good. More important to avoid failure / embarrasment than focus on fighting to get good. Well then no surprise you don't get very good.

That's true, but people legit believe that intelligence results in a person who "should know better" than to act in any way that isn't a constant reflection of being knowledgeable.

They don't realise that intelligent people can actively do things without thinking about the action,l too much or at all, it's just that when they want to think about things they do so with significantly more capability.

Yes I think a bit of eccentricity goes a long way. Getting so obsessed at working hard so you don't care much about how you look : then you can probably achieve more than if you are mostly being careful so you don't look / sound too crazy.

>He says he cant describe why he knows the answer but he just knows it, the fuck? can anyone with assburgers explain

He learned it once and forgot the logic and derivation behind it, or he learned something else and deduced it through intuition. You know, like how progress happens. Doesn't take an aspie to know that, just a Veeky Forumsentist who actually does science.

Reflections of what is "knowledgeable" can be very deceiving. Back in the days of organized religion I bet lots of priests said "bah, come on why you bother with these things, have you even checked the holy books?". If Galileo or Copernicus had listened to them then...well..

Why do you bother with these things, have you even Googled it? ;)

You should know better. Can't you tell how that would reflect in the (holy) book of faces?

[math]{\color{red} \mathbf{Fact:}}[/math] If you can't formulate clean proofs, you're a mere calculate monkey (i.e. worthless trash).

MFW he said "prime numbers" at the coin problem

>his father is a computer science but doesn't know what an ellipsoid is
jesus christ

i fukn hate this kid
"everyone wants cameron to be happy"
i want this little shit dead

The worst part about this video is the way they call math "maths"
No surprise he has assburgers

>How can child geniuses be so childish?
Gee, I wonder if their childishness might be explained by them being children.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conjunction_fallacy

>asspurgers

People with aspergers always have one "special interest", which can be anything from trains or pokemon cards to quantum physics. This kids "special interest" happens to be math and so he spends every second of his existence mentally masturbating to math. My "special interest" is programming, so I spend every second of my existence thinking about programming. It has nothing to do with genius, it's more like being cursed with dogged determination from the day you were born. He might not be able to describe his methods formally but that's just because he's young. As for Newton and Einstein having aspergers, nobody really knows for sure but it's probably just something aspies like me tell themselves so they can feel smart.

>It has nothing to do with genius, it's more like being cursed with dogged determination from the day you were born.
>tfw smart but lazy