So I was thinking about buying the complete fyneman lectures...

So I was thinking about buying the complete fyneman lectures, the whole box set is like 100 dollars in a slip case with hardcovers. I recently saw that the lectures were released online, and although I don't even know algebra, it seems like there's explanations of the theories, and there's a lot of theories that are covered in his lectures. I was thinking that maybe I could still understand the gist of what he's saying, and then somewhere down the line be able to understand what he's saying a bit better once I learn at least algebra, which I am working my way up to right now (albeit slowly. I am currently trying to work out how to divide fractions, so I have a ways to go before algebra and physics). However, I'm not sure if the physics text books that I see posted about here on lit would be a better option if I wanted to get a better understanding of physics. I seem to be in a difficult place, in that I am extremely fascinated with physics, but I am incredibly terrible at math.

Other urls found in this thread:

feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

feynman*

It's a good series. Is more of a philosophical reflection on math and science at the time than a useful physics class.

Really? Look at all the subjects it covers. feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/

I'm getting this for Christmas.

>although I don't even know algebra

You have to be over 18 to be here, kid.

Can you understand his lectures without algebra?

No

It's a good intro to physics for the curious high school student.

really?

gas the jews

My bad. Thought it was just his messenger lectures.

Yes dumbarse

I received these as an award in college and occasionally skim through them. If you want to pursue science as a hobby to fuck with in your freetime or to discuss with others in a semi-intelligent fashion, then they're great. If you actually want to learn the physics, get a few undergraduate textbooks and read them with a pencil and notebook at the ready. Work through problems too. I'll frequently read a section of a book and think that I totally understand what's going on only to have that illusion shattered after trying to apply the knowledge to a textbook exercise. This is a common phenomenon, so if you aren't trying to apply the knowledge, you probably aren't learning much.

How does it feel to be dumber than a 6th grader?

What textbooks are the most basic?

bump

Schaum's outlines of Physics.

i would buy those in a heart beat for 100 bucks

in kangaroo land that set costs nearly $400

Still good. Everyone in Australia seems to be rich enough.

>paying for free shit

Yes?