Just a reminder that art is now a part of science

Just a reminder that art is now a part of science.

stemtosteam.org/

I saw your other thread.

>M
>ruler and 4 arithmetic operations
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

shut up, stop trying to make me embarrassed

> 4 arithmetic operations
Fine
>ruler
Should be in E desu

ITT : Architechs trying to be recognised as a STEM field... once again.

It's happening, deal with it.

>not using the more inclusive and thus correct acronym
It's STHEAM you misogynistic shitlord

xD yay my liberal arts degree is now just as valid as a math degree

in all honesty it should be

architecture is not art

there is a lot of science involved in architecture though, as well as engineering. not something a common civil engineer will ever have to deal with though, since it is above common math and putting numbers into predefined formulas.

>interested, read a book on programming discrete geometry algorithms for parametriclay obtained forms, computer aided floorplan design through fitness evaluation genetic algorithms (nothing biological if you wondered), detail engineering for extreme enviromental habitation modules etc.

civil engineers mostly deal with cad monkeys not architects, while actual architects only deal with investors, civil engineers are contractors payed to do menial tasks.

t. architect

>E for Architecture
>M for engineering

whoever made that has no conception of what these fields actually involve

>What is STEAM?
In this climate of economic uncertainty, America is once again turning to innovation as the way to ensure a prosperous future.

Yet innovation remains tightly coupled with Science, Technology, Engineering and Math – the STEM subjects. Art + Design are poised to transform our economy in the 21st century just as science and technology did in the last century.

We need to add Art + Design to the equation — to transform STEM into STEAM.

Let me translate:

What is STEAM?

In this climate of economic uncertainty for the retards who got out loans to study arts of all fucking things, America is once again turning to social engineering as a way to ensure our graduates do not go below the poverty line and our university go down in ranking as a result of that.

Yet the money remains tightly coupled with useful degrees, who would have fucking guessed? Art + Design are literally useless but if we get a lot of funding maybe we could pretend like they are succesful career paths.

As such, we need to add Art and Design to the list of useful careers. Not out of merit but out of economic need of our university. And transform STEM into STEAM.

an art program geared toward STEM guys like me would be nice

an engineer artist would ALWAYS be able to find work
he could take design jobs until he finds a real job, or even take design jobs while he has a real job to make extra money

i would gladly take a design job if it meant putting a pure arts major out of business

i'm all for STEAM if it means the end of liberal arts

Anyone who is against STEAM is probably a straight white male. Not even trying to bait, just being realistic.

true

STEM was deliberately conceptualized to remove itself from the rest of academia as a fairly coupled category of scientific/technological domains

Arts obviously have no fucking place and you know it, this is just to make yourself feel better because the modern climate renders STEM more lucrative

You picked an easy peasy degree and are getting your due respect for it, no need to complain in hindsight

>not something a common civil engineer will ever have to deal with though, since it is above common math and putting numbers into predefined formulas.

fuck off fagot. you architects are scribbling monkeys that need an engineer to design the materials to fit the shape and keep the structure from collapsing.

"Whoa look at me I drew a fancy shape for this building, I'm an architect" ~hands it off to civil design contractor to figure out how much steel and concrete where will make the crazy scribbles not fall down and kill everyone inside~

Architects are just uppity scribbling monkeys who do nothing except give engineers headaches.

>architecture is not art

what does that say about the people who are for STEAM?

My only skill is illustration but even I know this is retarded.

Straight white male is masterrace so yeah, feels good man.

By the way, how does it feel pushing a jewish agenda, OP?

>why should the arts be part of STEM?
>YOU are a white male

So what's left out of STEAM? Just Business? What's da point

Architecture IS art you dummy. Architecture is subjective, you can make any building as you like but it all comes down if it's perceived as aesthetically pleasing to be considered worthy to do in the first place.

t. former Architecture student

Is philosophy an art?

I would consder it an art. The art of pretending to be smart when you are actually top tier retarded.

Very few people can achieve that. Most stupid people can't help but seem stupid. Philosophers perfected the craft of looking good while being shit.

How is you job prospects going, user?

not an argument

not an argument

/this
architecture is art only for faggets, that do not comprehend elegance of engineering.

architecture student.

KEK, butthurt mathmonkey, always funny to read. No we don't need a fucking engineer, not in the EU at least, we can do that shit by ourselves, however math monkey crap is menial shit for retards like civil engineers, so it is delegated to them by US.

Did they add the 'A' just so they could claim 50% female representation in STEAM disciplines?

Architect:
"Wouldn't it be cool if...?"

Engineer:
Actually fucking makes it happen.

Architects are just designers of very large objects.

t. designer

>KEK, butthurt mathmonkey, always funny to read. No we don't need a fucking engineer, not in the EU at least, we can do that shit by ourselves, however math monkey crap is menial shit for retards like civil engineers, so it is delegated to them by US.

well there is the difference. They make architects in the EU be engineers in addition to whatever else of value defines being an architect.

In the US nothing gets built without an engineer (civil) and architects aren't even consulted for 99% of projects.

My perspective is the United States perspective.

>The four fundamental operations in math are addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
Fuck off middleschooler.

not an argument
Isn't the fundamental operation, addition?

>Architect: "Wouldn't it be cool if...?"
>Engineer: "That's fucking stupid"
>Architect: "Well maybe because you can't do it"
And then there's 10 years of advancement

If it weren't for that, we would still be living in shithouses imagined by engineers.

>filename
fucking saved. that shit is true as fuck.

i give my architect buddies a hard time about being "cake decorators", but the artistic talent pool in the engineering world is ankle deep.

just a reminder that giving a fuck about some arbitrarily labeled set of degrees isn't worth anybody's time

They kinda have a point. I mean, I didn't actually read the article, but if they're going for a connection between pure mathematics and actual, real-world applications, via creativity or something of the sort, they're doing good here.

>tfw you see someone still thinking that STEAM is anything other than a way to not trigger liberal arts students who think that theatre studies somehow puts them on the same level as the people actually doing shit with their lifes

>now incorporates every discipline
why even have an acronym?
The point was a focus on science and mathematics -- not lesbian literature from the early 1900s and gender bender studies for extra fruity liberal cucks

implying there's something wrong with that. Racist cuck

pretty sure the "Arts" means fine and classical arts like sculpture and aesthetic design.

>not STEAMLGBTTQQIAAP%$&
Get with the times OP

SM. And TEA should be seperate

STEM is itself a bullshit autistic categorising system constructed to serve porky. Science has always been a part of art. Just read FW -- then read Montaigne.

>censoring art is good
Sorry Veeky Forums but you are fucking morons.
/pol/, even /x/ are much more reasonable than you guys. After 3 days of browsing this board I am fucking done. I am not going to read comparions of hitler to LGBT community anymore. You guys may be good at math but at any other subject you are total savage monkies. Good job triggering me I am of back to /hm/

i'm gonna b an architect i hope
in addition to the structural/thermodynamdicks/acoustics i'm going to take chemistry classes to be sure materials i use aren't going to erode
& geology
without architecture, you'd have to do your science in the outdoors
also, your notes would have to be outdoors

I'd argue it's not addition, but the Successor function. You can use that to recursively define addition.

So would history be in stem? What about political science? Art history... Would still be art. is there a list?

I'm an anthropology major, so I guess that's under science.

>N-not that I'm embarrassed or anything about what's hard science, geesh I just had extra units and it's on my way home. BAKKA!

>without architecture, you'd have to do your science in the outdoorsalso, your notes would have to be outdoors

>anthropology major

I flirted with the idea of pursuing that as a college major until I realized I wanted to earn money and did engineering.

>mathematics
>drawing has basic algebra and a ruler

of course

Ehh yeah, I was thinking about it, but I feel the need for feild work. Sounds fun and awful, but cool. Yoray! book learning to use a shovel!

>Sounds fun and awful, but cool.

hope you still feel that way in 20 years. Kinda jealous you might get to do world travel and learn something about the origins of civilization. Or whatever subdiscipline of anthro youre into.

This might not be as terrible as it seems. Sjws are always banging on about under-representation of cunts and niggers in STEM, if we just start counting artsfags as STEMers then this under-representation will go away, and might even be reversed (not that this would stop the sjws from demanding more favors for cunts and niggers, of course).

steam is objectively better stop getting so angry

>mfw I memed steam to existence
I posted about the importance of adding arts to stem about few years ago and branding it 'steam' or 'teams' but then see this . Very surprised.
>mfw
We need arts. Why? No one fucking likes to design because it's ((hard)) and it's either shame or glory. Most pussies don't wanna gamble on it because everyone will be looking at those works and a single mistake leads to ruin, no one aims for perfection but TRUE artists.
Take linux for example, to me all desktop environments suck, even windows 10 UX is poorly implemented because 'works fluently but bad design and memory leaks in spaghetti code.' Even the current firefox is stupidly designed. I hate technology now because all of them either waste resources or memory leaks or 'napolitan' code. So terrible. Inconvenient - inefficient - counter-intuitive.

Arts shouldn't be limited to beauty but also peace of mind. "Old architecture" (i.e. ISTP type to be exact) is just a history subject of 'crafting.' Real architects belong to the NT (intuitive thinking personality also INTP is "Architect") and it sucks to be a RIGHT-brain with NT personality. Bonus if you're INTP.

My OCD cringes on terrible designs, not just visually but also internally. I hate terrible code and most of the mainstream fizzbuzz programming languages that exist today make me vomit. The reason why a personal AI doesn't exist this current year is because 'arts' is belittled by those mathengr.fags.
"That" f*ing barrier preventing the waifu age - image/speech/music/pattern/human/wave recognition. Not all humans are gifted with artistic inclination and it needs to be taken seriously (except those hipstersonwelfare wannabes). STEM builds the robot, equations, and boring ass paper while the A designs the AI software that can do all the job humans do. Programming is art!

>AI build its very own robo schematics
>ask user to impregnate AI
[math]Self-replicating-waifus-when?[/math]

Welcome to the new age and embrace STE[+A]M.

Why

They aren't comparable in the least

>probably a straight white male
Even if it were true, what difference does it make? Give me a valid counter argument rather than ad hominem.

you didn't do anything.

no one needs this. this is gibberish.

you should listen to and follow straight white males. they're basically the leader-class of humanity.

Are you guys actually retarded? It's painfully obvious that the guy was making fun of the now infamous white male accusers. I swear you're trying so hard to detect and humiliate "cucks" that you see them everywhere, even in people that are on your side.

Hate to tell you breh, people actually do point fingers at white males, and it gets pretty annoying.

It's called progress.

>stem
>ste[a]m+
>lgbt
>lgbtqia+

>i am part of *insert alphabet soup*, im so special(/smart)
>associating with brainlets like engineers and "scientists"
>associating with technology, i.e. not having read Industrial Society and its Future

ISHYGDDT

t. Mathematician

>No Patrick, mayonnaise is not a discipline of study.

I actually don't feel too pissy or butthurt that artists want to include themselves in the STEM field, but I do feel they're misguided.

The best argument that I've heard is that art is the experimental R&D for fields such as marketing, communications, and sales. That said, there should be a separate collective term for those fields. They also should apply statistical analysis and sociology/psychology concepts to the artistic styling to see what are aesthetically approved by the audiences of the world. Maybe make their acronym SCAM (sociology, communications, art, marketing).

Graphic/web/UX design is pretty useful desu.

STEM/STEAM is primarily aimed at highschool/middle school students, so it really shouldn't matter to most people on this board. Even so, no one in STEM will argue that doing a career in STEM requires creativity, unless you are a first year undergrad, in which case you dont really matter anyway.. Including art brings in representing STEM topics in an artistic/creative manner. Its not about giving jobs to art students, instead, its about giving art focused students understanding of STEM topics and STEM students access to creativity.

Steam is actually a real world which is very clever.

Why can't math autists be as clever, witty or creative like us humanities majors?

Stupid. STEAM is meaningless, it covers literally everything. Every single subject is STEAM, so why does the acronym exist?

>inclusiveness is bad
you fucking NAZI

art is very related to engineering, they both involve design and end up together in consumer products.

Or do you really think that CAD drawings aren't a form of art?

But if they plan to make "STEAM" it would mean art students would have to take more STEM classes; I am down for that

Engineers make useful things. Scientists discover useful things. Technologists make useful things. Mathematicians make the tools that others use to make useful things.

Artists make things that are amusing at best.

TIL Hitler was pursuing a STEM degree

>be an arts student
>people laugh at you because you're wasting your time and money
>bitch about it on social media
>SJWs get mad about it
>"muh arts degree"
>"STEM is too male dominated"
>"its the current year why am i still oppressed"
>liberal overlords try to come up with a way to prevent more triggering
>"lets tell them art is science too so they shut up"
>"yeah why don't we throw an A into that acronym"
>STEaM
>universities start charging more tuition for arts because its "science" now
>lower middle class women of colour get mad because now there's no university program they can afford
>scientists arrange mass protests against being compared to arts majors
>scientists wasting their time and stop doing science
>the entire planet simultaneously gets triggered
>people en masse rioting
>looting
>raping
>pillaging
>entire society is destroyed
>major cities collapse
>infrastructure crumbles
>all records of history burned by angry protestors
>we live like cavemen
>hunting and gathering
>economies collapse
>we return to the bartering system
>society is sent back hundreds if not thousands of years
>STEaM

>having an I in your personality type
spergs get out

aesthetics matter too
If they didn't, people would be driving ugly as fuck smart cars en masse

I'm just saying, not everything they make isn't useful or needless; humans are irrational and emotional creatures.

Not everyone has an unfurnished home without any decorations.
Some people don't like wearing shitty clothing.
Some people would like to empathize with entertainers etc. or may need it to relax.
Even in engineering courses they will tell you that aesthetics still matter.
If people didn't care about aesthetics, architecture would look as soulless as modern asian architecture.

Thus continues the degeneration of the western world. Next is STEAM[S+] with the extra S for Social Justice courses.

>[S]cience
>fucking classical orbits to represent atomic physics

>[T]echnology
>not using a transistor

>[E]ngineering
>not using a pride flag

>[a]rts
>"one of these things is not like the other"

>[M]athematics
>fucking arithmetic...

>without architecture, you'd have to do your science in the outdoors

Incorrect you fucking peasant. We would be doing our science in what would probably be most accurately described as "A Goddamn bunker" that may or may not be underground depending on which was easier to build and maintain.

> also, your notes would have to be outdoors

No. See above.

>KEK

this is true, engineers are workers, nothing more is expected from them, than to calculate the tasks given to them by the architect.

It is the same as telling a mech.engineer to design a car.

>Stem is not a word

Proof that STEM majors are better than humanities majors at everything, including English.

>I memed steam to existence
Those dubs confirm

>implying engineers cant appreciate aesthetics and follow through with supporting design calculations specifications for appealing shapes.

another architect trying to convince himself he has a significant contribution to make to anything except art.

Well to be fair, the Science part has an outdated model of an atom on it.

except it isn't though, you forgot that point.

so why is arts walled off from the rest? more like quarantined

Underrated

>>interested, read a book on programming discrete geometry algorithms for parametriclay obtained forms, computer aided floorplan design through fitness evaluation genetic algorithms (nothing biological if you wondered), detail engineering for extreme enviromental habitation modules etc.
You must be one of the smarter architects then, most architects laugh when you tell them they will be one of the first to be replaced by a machine.

Can you not

Maybe because most people who aren't in STEM only know the Bohr model

honestly I know more great architects than I know great engineers. in the grand scale of things, they are the ones that formed our culture.