Head transplant

will he live?

Well monkeys have had their heads transplanted with no complications and lived. AFAIK the problem is the severing of the spinal cord leaves the patient paralysed.

Yeeah, he doesn't look like he's running marathons now either. What I'm more interested in is how are they gonna make his autonomic nervous system work.

That doctor guy is going to look like either the greatest genius of all time or a horrible mad butcher within a year.

cant wait desu

* t,b-,h

>What I'm more interested in is how are they gonna make his autonomic nervous system work.
interesting,probably no idea and just gonna see what happens

wouldn't it be funny if it turned out that you're consciousness was in your spine and he work up from the op still crippled with a different face

How the fuck are they gonna stitch the nerves in his neck that go and control his arms to the other dudes torso ?

electronic synapeses you fucking brainlette

>you're
FUCK OFF NOW

>there was a 1972 movie about a rich old white guy that gets his head grafted on to a black criminal's body
lel I'm glad to have learned this

your a cunt mate

im not a brainlette, im a brainlet. and how the fuck 'electronic synapses' answer the questionaire you bastardeu ?

wow. blacks were a lot whiter back then

shouldn't it be called "body transplant"?

Nah because the other dude's getting a new head put on him

no

DESU, although this is very unlikely, we know,so little of conciousness that it's impossible to say some traits of the other may not remain.

Hell even people who have organ transplants reports having different tastes and strange 'sensory flashbacks' that they cannot pin down to be their own.

actually, we've been transplanting heads since the 40's and every time it's called a "success" they die because the organs fail due to no autonomic systems after 3 or 4 days.

This is NOT NEW. It's just the same shit that's been rebranded.

nah

What a stupid post. I don't mean to be rude, but you should kill yourself.

not him but he has a point

The entire gastrointestinal system is covered in so many neurons that's it's called a second brain. It's roughly 2/3 the size of a cats entire nervous system. It's thought to be responsible for giving us cravings for specific food and consequentially effect our taste/preference in food.

And maybe some intuitions, i.e. "gut feelings".

IT DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT, THE CRAVINGS FOR CERTAIN FOODS ARE MEDIATED BY AN HYPOTHALAMIC REFLEX

IT IS CALLED A "SECOND BRAIN" BECAUSE IT IS FUCKING BIG BUT IT IS ALMOST ALL A VAGUS NERVE DERIVATIVE

>not him but he has a point

His 'point' is "I'm a stupid moron hurr durr durr".

Again I don't mean to cause offence but the world would be vastly improved if you killed yourself. At the very least, your parents wouldn't have to live with the shame of having produced you anymore.

It won't happen, nobody's putting the money for it.

>I'm totally uninformed, but i'll repeat insults to look smart