So theoretical situation...

So theoretical situation, you have a hot gril coming around but all your bookshelves are full with unerotic authors like Gaddis, DeLillo, Ibsen, Sophocles, etc.

What novels, poetry, etc. would you buy to appeal to the gril?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zl-CriM6vx0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It would turn me on if you had a record collection instead, along with a book shelf. if you just have a book shelf there's no book that's going to be an instant turn on, books aren't really meant for sex in any capacity, unless it's some sex therapy shit which is pretty creepy.

Put yourself in the opposite shoes, is there honestly any book that will turn you on more to your partner? Probably not. Being invested in multiple forms of media is much more evident you're not a total waste of time.

But if you're just looking for casual sex from some bored broad than I don't think it matters

>inb4 it's because w-w-women can't read!!

No it's because reading occupies a space totally different from sex, usually alone.

>fucking girls
lmao what a faggot

lol i dunno, i get dyke pussy wet with my gorilla dick

and my super confident flirting. it works (with older women who are insecure and dont get fucked much by their hubbies) no lie

Foreign language hardbacks with gold lettering. Bitches love gold lettering.

philosophical tomes of german idealism. Maybe a couple sets of volumetric histories of barbarous kings

Yeah but what kind of records? Is Gardiner conducting Mozart sexier than Led Zeppelin IV? Is Gould (the autist's choice) worse than Rubinstein (the womanizer)?

>Put yourself in the opposite shoes, is there honestly any book that will turn you on more to your partner?

An open mind is sexy. So if she had the stomach for something like naked lunch or lolita, then yes.

YA, fantasy dystopian novel series with grill as protagonist, some romance... you know, uber shit

>Is Gardiner conducting Mozart sexier than Led Zeppelin IV?

smdh senpai Both are unsexy. If you shed the air of pretension and get a good taste in music, without thinking some lamo shit like "All modern music is terrible!" because all you're exposed to is what's played ad nauseum on the radio; then you're going to have to get a better understanding.

If there's one thing both sexes love, men and women, it's having good taste in music, and having a record collection that's decent and at least historically motivated. That gets you butt.

It compliments your taste in literature. Go out into the wild blue yonder and find what you must like music wise. Having confidence in what you love, what you're passionate about, a certain genre, is better than just having a certain genre because you think it will get you laid. Doesn't work like that.

Holy shit Led Zeppelin IV conducted Mozart? Get me in on some of that action.

Women don't give a damn about your book collection. either ya got what thy want or ya don't, perosnality/character wise and wealth-wise. looks are secondary to character.

Who gives a shit, Jesus Christ.

You're being too easy, if Lolita on a bookshelf turns you on, you need to get some self control.

>Women don't give a damn about your book collection
Mostly, neither do men in opposite conditions.

>perosnality/character wise

It is the opposite of what you think it is.

>wealth-wise

Everyone I know is broke as hell and that literally doesn't matter. Nobody wants to fuck anyone rich, they're mostly despicable and artless.

What does it matter? You can hardly be Veeky Forums if you aren't a gay man.

Oh really? I guess you haven't been to NYC, where rich Chads get the premium pussy. Look around, bro. Rich guys have the hottest wives. I can verify this, I work in a semi high-end retailer.

I don't really listen to much after Mahler nowadays, it's not that I hate modern music or anything, I'm more like indifferent about it

>where rich Chads get the premium pussy

What is premium pussy? Generic blonde #187414?

You aren't looking to live up to the lifestyle of "rich chads", ground yourself in what people in similar positions to you want. What they want is good music, good taste, and more than confidence itself, being relatable.

There's a healthy balance. It should be like being with your best friend.

>You're being too easy, if Lolita on a bookshelf turns you on, you need to get some self control.

not like I would instantly ejaculate into my trousers, just something i would appreciate

Blonde qt's with perfect facial aesthetics. the girl you want, and you look at, but you can never get. the type who is selective because she can be: she holds the key to premium genetic material.

that's the type of girl you want. and you can't have her.

Every single one of us will be forever unable to get something he/she wants, even filthy rich people, this is life.

This is a quality post
I give you a 10/11
You know what youre talking about my nigga

>being turned on by a record collection

Embarrassing desu

bait of the lowest quality

Gorillas have tiny penises.

You idiot. Put more effort in next time.

>record collection
>it's buttrock CDs from various decades
also, Dummy
fuck that album is great

To be honest. You're right that a record collection isn't a good place to start, that requires total dedication.

It's however, good to have copies of all formats. Casette, CD, vinyl, digital.

If there's one thing that compliments good taste in literature, it's impassioned taste in music without air pretension and smugness, but with just enough

I mean it all depends but. Having taste in all forms of arts is a good idea. Literature is a good complimentary, as is music collection.

But most formats suck dick. CD and high fidelity digital are really the only way to go if you actually like music at all.

It's weird that you talk about the benefits of variety, and yet variety to you is "cassette, CD, vinyl" as opposed to... "rap, rock, folk" or something of the sort.

Why would I buy garbage and waste time on it just to get some bitch to like me thats so pathetic

This is disgusting. The fact that this is how people's sexual attraction works is revolting. I wish I were castrated.

How is it disgusting?

Read between the lines. This girl claims to be into literature yet says that no collection of literature would turn her on. Instead, she says "good music" taste turns her on. "Good music" being a trendy indie record collection based on her comments. She just wants to fuck an entitled bourgie hipster with a manbun. She and every other "alt" girl under the sun. Looking the part matters more for sexual attractiveness than compatibility or genuine connection, and that is why humanity deserves to make itself extinct.

If you can explain why you like something without coming off as a defensive asshole then you can convince anyone that you have some taste. They don't have to agree with you to appreciate why you enjoy it.

Hell, most people can't even articulate why they enjoy something.

I agree with you, but the girl I'm referring to had a very specific definition of "good taste" referring to modern genres of music in vinyl format. In any case good taste was only brought up because she said it turned her on. Which goes back to my point, we are absurdly shallow creatures, and even those of us who aren't completely brainwashed and mainstream ultimately want to fuck someone who "looks right".

>This girl claims to be into literature yet says that no collection of literature would turn her on.

I'm her, and I read a shit ton. It just, doesn't turn me on. Because why would it? Sex and literature aren't related, one can be about the other, but intimacy is about the moment. It's about admiring someone, and what they like, on top of loving them.

But I'm not going to be impressed or get wet over somebody's book case? Would you pop a boner over a book case?

>"Good music" being a trendy indie record collection based on her comments

That's not what I meant at all. I meant music from the past as equally as I meant music from the present, and recent. What's "trendy", is the opposite of what most people want. You're seeing things through the eyes of someone who hasn't sat down with someone you love listening to tunes holding hands.

It doesn't matter if it's shallow or if it's stupid. Sometimes just letting stupid things happen, is smart.

>Looking the part matters more for sexual attractiveness than compatibility or genuine connection, and that is why humanity deserves to make itself extinct.

You need to just take a breather, I'm just telling people to engage in multiple forms of media in order to enjoy life, enjoy friendship, enjoy making love.

Honestly for everything you pride yourself on not being offended as tumblr, even the most generous advice will have some yell at you about how the human race deserves to be extinct, because hand holding listening to music is an existential threat apparently.

>agree with you, but the girl I'm referring to had a very specific definition of "good taste" referring to modern genres of music in vinyl format

There are so many genres to choose from, I don't know why you would assume "modern" is inherently "bad". There is plenty of good music out there.

Can /mu/ fuck off? Thanks.

Obviously a bookcase isn't going to pop a boner, I wasn't implying that at all and you're being disingenuous. What would turn me on would be if I saw a girl who had some books on her bookshelf that I loved, and we struck a conversation over it and formed a deeper connection.

And no, you're not just saying "enjoy all media of art", you specifically said in this same post no literature would turn you on while a music collection would. So in essence you're saying, books are worthless sexually and just impress her with your music collection. And it has to be a modern music collection, because earlier you said records by Mozart or Led Zeppelin would turn you off.

Why can't you, and 99.99% of humans just fucking admit you're shallow as can be? Just let us either drop all pretense or castrate ourselves.

> Sex and literature aren't related, one can be about the other, but intimacy is about the moment.

Have you never heard of occasional poetry? Jesus fucking Christ. There's more to literature than long, boring novels.

"Modern" is not necessarily bad, but by this she clearly means "trendy", which, good or bad, is all about posturing. If it was really about passion for certain genres, wouldn't a mere conversation about their passion suffice to build sexual attraction? No, they have to have a vinyl collection of whatever qualifies as hip to look the part, because she and everyone else is shallow and in denial.

It isn't me being shallow, it's you. People are complex, emotional. I can just as easily make a case for you being shallow, but I won't. Because I don't think you are. I think you're misguided about your peers. As vainless mindless consumers. But really, what are you then? Not exploring the flesh of another? Coming here everyday? We are all consumers, a bit mindless, but what's so negative about it?

There's really no reason to be furious or disgusted at my suggestion you just, lighten up.

Are we really going to debate over object fact what turns someone on and what doesn't. I said this is just my experience of what people like.

What people like is investing in multiple forms of media, because it shows they're capable of holding a conversation about just about anything.

And I know the whole "intelligence is sexy!" cliche is tired, but being able to just blab on about the arts. It feels good.

I didn't mean trendy at all. For christ sake's man. Is Nurse with Wound trendy? What about Throbbing Gristle? Front 242? Severed Heads? It all sounds edgy, but I love the spoken word industrialized style of it all, especially Nurse with Wound. Industrial centric has mostly died, but it's still out there if you look hard enough,

But that's just me. There is an ocean of music out there, and people love when you're authentically passionate about the arts. Even if it's edgy, you can just, talk about why it's good.

>Industrial
>Not trendy

Please go back to mu underage faggot

one time I took acid with this girl and showed her my OG copy of the psychedelic experience and there's this page in there about instructions for sexual visions. we mostly just laughed about it but did end up sleeping together and I still think that book was what implanted the idea into her head.

What's not trendy? Fucking Bach? Everyone understands Bach is great? Is Bach sexy? Fuck no.

I'll never understand the total fury at which people who only listen to classical can take out on anyone who doesn't.

What's so wrong about being trendy in the first place.

Hm. I get where you're coming from but at the same time I'm not sure you can make that claim about everyone. The woman is just defining "good tastes" as "someone who has the same tastes as me". Really, a great way to expand your horizons is by befriending people with different tastes.

I'm glad you didn't only generalize it to all women. You're ok in my book.

>Are we really going to debate over object fact what turns someone on and what doesn't. I said this is just my experience of what people like.

You made an objective statement about the function of literature which I think is incorrect. Literature is nothing more or less than language as art, how on earth is language either not sexy or cannot be "about the moment", whatever that means?

I've quoted Shakespeare and Shelley and the opposite sex did find it sexy, it's never been a mystery to me.

>What people like is investing in multiple forms of media, because it shows they're capable of holding a conversation about just about anything.

Well, yes, the renaissance man is sexy. That's stating the obvious. I don't understand the relevance of that point when asked about literature specifically. It's as if one asked how to cook a good curry and someone interjected to shit all over the conversation by stating French food is better and you'd be a better cook if you could make pizza as well. I mean, yeah? Okay?

>And I know the whole "intelligence is sexy!" cliche is tired, but being able to just blab on about the arts. It feels good.

Yes.

Bach cam be sexy if you're into passionate sex that can transition the mood to match the transitions I'm the music. You can ride a painter's palette of emotions together.

Do you have boring sex?

>>You made an objective statement about the function of literature which I think is incorrect. Literature is nothing more or less than language as art, how on earth is language either not sexy or cannot be "about the moment", whatever that means?

I'm sorry if I'm incoherent. The topic was about sex. Not literature discussion. And I was saying that, having a book case itself and being passionate about literature, philosophy. It's wonderful.

I'm just saying, on top of that, interest in music is also wonderful. And, I don't know why everyone is jumping on my ass about that.

>Well, yes, the renaissance man is sexy. That's stating the obvious. I don't understand the relevance of that point when asked about literature specifically. It's as if one asked how to cook a good curry and someone interjected to shit all over the conversation by stating French food is better and you'd be a better cook if you could make pizza as well. I mean, yeah? Okay?

I suppose you're right.. I don't know, I was just giving my input as to what else could help someone, who wanted to know.

And we're arguing about it and I'm not sure why. I just wanted to give a helpful suggestion.

>What people like is investing in multiple forms of media, because it shows they're capable of holding a conversation about just about anything.
>Drinking so much hyperconsumerist kool-aid that you actually derive self-esteem from how many chunks of plastic you own

The idea is that you're supposed to spend your time on art (in any form really) that you enjoy, whereas being "trendy" is spending your time on stuff that you don't necessarily like but you think will make you look cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=zl-CriM6vx0

>Whats wrong with being trendy

Nothing. Its you who implied otherwise. Though if your persona is exclusively of trendy stuff it does get lame. Nothing wrong keeping up though

What? Where did you get the idea of classical from

You're sooooo special for not being a hyperconsummerist you jack off. What do you do live in the woods in a cabin. Is all music just that to you? Who really has bad taste here? The one suggesting to someone, just expand your horizons and indulge in all forms of media

or the one pretentious fuck (no offense intended) who's lambasting me over the mere suggestion?

>The idea is that you're supposed to spend your time on art (in any form really) that you enjoy, whereas being "trendy" is spending your time on stuff that you don't necessarily like but you think will make you look cool.

You keep calling me trendy. When I've said the opposite. What I want, what women want, is passion about something. Something, music related is a good place to start from, as is literature. They both work wonderfully together.

If being passionate about music is "trendy", so be it. I'm trendy. But Veeky Forums as it is now is worse than trendy, it's just David Foster Wallace threads and how women can't do blah blah blah blah.

There's no connection. It is trend.

My point wasn't so much that, as everyone here is "trendy" to a certain degree, and there's not much wrong with it as long as you keep it under control.

>Lolita on a bookshelf

It's usually the type who insults anything past 1920 as "garbage". It's the type I most see making these arguments, it was assumption on my part.

This. Generic white bitches love me. Those with good taste just wanna be friends

Sorry, I didn't intend to be mean. You are right about music being sexy to be honest, especially because to me music is an activity to dance to. There's nothing sexier than the human form in motion. 1. Dance 2. Poetry

So my advice, OP, when I think about it, is to learn how to dance.

You're fucking illiterate you dumb cunt

>You keep calling me trendy.
No, you asked what's wrong with being trendy, I explained why it's looked down upon. Nobody called you trendy anywhere.

>The one suggesting to someone, just expand your horizons and indulge in all forms of media
Nowhere did I suggest that appreciating different forms of art is bad. What I said was retarded is the fact that you equate "passion about something" with "spending a bunch of money on collecting it to display", and the fact that you think what a person collects and how much of it somehow values or devalues them as someone you'd want to date (or fuck)

>No, you asked what's wrong with being trendy, I explained why it's looked down upon

And I disagree with you. As far as I can tell, it isn't. Bringing up music does not automatically make one trendy just as reading books does not automatically make one a lover of the prose of John Green.

>What I said was retarded is the fact that you equate "passion about something" with "spending a bunch of money on collecting it to display",

Everyone has a passion, everyone has a hobby. Not everyone lets something they love collect dust (there's dust protection for that).

Some people make wooden boats, for the hobby. Some people carve wood statues, for the hobby. Some people love the artistic capabilities of music,. for the money. And a lot of people do like it, I'm not saying trendy. But trendy isn't inherently deal breakingly awful.

You just need to realize that some people spend money, not for the purpose of interesting others, but for the purpose to talk about it. Listen to it. With people with similar passions and interests.

Will this apply to everyone? No. It apparently offends you. What I am just saying is, that honestly music doesn't just help a conversation, it helps a life. Music has helped me immeasurably through my depressive years.

We could just like, not argue about this.

A girl coming to my house with the intention of having sex with me is indeed a theoretical situation.

>Some people love the artistic capabilities of music,. for the money.
Yes, loving music is fine, but see how you type money instead of hobby there? How appreciating music isn't actually about listening to the music, and forming opinions about the music and sharing it with others, but about purchasing it?
This is my problem with what you keep typing. Music is great, the fact that you seem to think enjoying music is synonymous with buying a bunch of vinyl is what's ridiculously superficial.

>Bringing up music does not automatically make one trendy just as reading books does not automatically make one a lover of the prose of John Green.
Jesus Christ for the last time no one called you trendy because you namedropped a couple of industrial artists
At worst 1 post called the genre trendy
please fuck off back to tumblr already

>but see how you type money instead of hobby there?

I'm half asleep and I meant it cost a lot of money, as a hobby. More than the ones I listed. Could be debatable. it's niche is what I meant. Don't try to psychoanalyze me please.

>and forming opinions about the music and sharing it with others, but about purchasing it?

I don't know if you know this, but be it cassete, cd, vinyl, all of it costs.

>This is my problem with what you keep typing. Music is great, the fact that you seem to think enjoying music is synonymous with buying a bunch of vinyl is what's ridiculously superficial.

It's not superficial at all. It's just a hobby a bunch of people like, and a bunch of people, myself included, find admirable. I just enjoy it, others enjoy it. I never claimed enjoying music, you must buy a turntable.

I just said, that passion in something like that is a turn on. It's not just the music, it's the passion for it. I don't know where you're getting I'm just in it for the attention. I'm not. I love music and I love literature. I buy bookcases for the same reason I collect music.

Because I like it.
>please fuck off back to tumblr already

Look I was giving some fucking advice and you turned this into a never ending neurotic debate over semantics. I don't see what your problem is or why you're angry. I'm not insulting you in any way.

wft. you have a problem with 8 track?

I wasn't joking

If this is tumblr to you, why don't you fuck off to the dying corpse of freeforums where everyone is as autistic as you.

>doesn't care about Sophocles and Ibsen
What kind of plebs are you (theoretically) seducing??

>is there honestly any book that will turn you on more to your partner
Yes, absolutely.

>Metallica
>stp
Are you even trying

>All modern music is terrible!

This is absolutely, 100% right though.

This is literally one of the worst threads on this board, holy fuck

Someone kill me for reading this and responding

Satanic trips speaks truth

I won't touch my own copy for another decade or so, but if I saw Bottom's Dream in a girl's room my dick would become harder and heavier than the book itself

>i get dyke pussy wet with my gorilla dick
Is World Peace Veeky Forums?

>buy
>not printing out spine images and taping them to your books

>tfw all your favorite books are Veeky Forums memes
>tfw the only music you listen to is A Tribe Called Quest, post-revival Swans, tinymixtapes-core """abstract""" electronic stuff, and a recent interest in dadrock
I'd much rather have a girl be interested in my Criterion Collection collection desu senpai. It's nigh impossible for a girl to be interested in any decent literature or music, but it's not too hard to trick them into watching some kino. After all, the term is "Netflix and chill" not "spotify and chill"

The contents of your bookshelves are rarely a factor, but... the first time I met my future wife we started chatting and I found out she was writing her MA thesis on T.S. Eliot, who was the subject of my MA thesis a few years earlier. We talked Eliot over brunch (a photographer friend had invited her to come model with me and a female friend, as she'd expressed interest in doing some artistic nude work with other models, and maybe a male), and then went and posed nude together, and I asked her over to borrow some Eliot books I had. Then we started dating, and now we have two kids.
So, books may be handy as an ice-breaker, but posing nude together is good too, and if you can do both on the first day you meet, things can really take off. Get into nude photography and Modernism.

>not being asexual
Fucking disgusting.

I loved it.

No, it's bland as hell.

A poster that says "bad ass"
can't forget the categorical imperative.

No one cares about your book collection (with a few exceptions). If she's a hippy, buy Siddhartha and say that you're reading it. She probably won't tell you how it 'changed her life', but you can pat yourself on the back for being prepared.

Yo, you're into kino ?

Rec me a movie man. I'm looking to watch a good film

of course Gould is worse than Rubinstein

what is kino except a /tv/ meme for "patrician" film

this was a question btw, without the ? it appears im making the statement:

>what is kino, except a /tv/ meme for "patrician" film

You haven't made love to Purple Rain lolllll

in some languages it translates as 'cinema', or the art itself.

No idea man. I think it's just one of those meaningless board-terms for something people like (like effay on Veeky Forums). But I wouldn't trust /tv/'s opinion on film as far as I could throw them.

I've always thought maybe Veeky Forums would be the best place to have a proper thread about film (maybe a general). It is kind of the descendant of theatre and we talk about that, right? And we'd have a better conversation about it than fucking /tv/.

It would have a while back. But as of late, this board isn't what it used to be.

>Criterion Collection
sup embryo

Still yonks better than /tv/ though innit