Depression & Anxiety

I know I won't always feel like this, that in all likelihood I'll feel better soon, but what should I do in the meantime? Can Veeky Forums please tell me what to do or read?

the holy bible

I'm not a christian

bump so i don't hurt myself

Not the same guy.
I've been depressed pretty much all my life, I probably have some kind of chemical mess in my brain because there is no other explination.
I lost my faith very early in life, when I was like 8 years old.
However, this last months, sometimes, in my weakest moments (I mean physical pain in my chest while trying to fall sleep) I've started trying to talk with "someone", out of desesperation, and whenever I do it, slowly I start to feel relief.
Maybe you should try it.

you can change that user

Honestly? You're going to hate my advice, but being more and more skeptical and distant from nu-right rhetoric. I used to be like that, around 2010-early 2012ish. I just met new people and realized all the preconcieved conceptions of who they are, were totally different than what was projected here.

I went further and further left, and honestly? It's helped my mental health immeasurably. It's just helped across the board.

There's something about the lifestyle of that, whole community, that's (excuse the sjw phrase) "not healthy". It makes you have a victim complex and once you try to make friends, or just, everything becomes more self destructive. It sets yourself up for an unreasonable idea of self.

This doesn't help, but leftist theory is what really motivated me to keep living. Hating everything and everyone, is more self defeating and depressing.

Scream at me, do what you want. But the bottom line is, believing everyone is evil except for a small community really fucks you up if you buy into it over time. It makes you see everything in that context. Instead of having faith in your peers, and being welcoming.

I met people, and someone I love (cornily), with all my heart, by going further left. And I wouldn't have grown, or did anything really, had I just hated everything and pained things in shades of black and white.

Thanks. I'll try this.

Christianity only makes me more depressed. Slave morality fucks you up, or at least, people like me. I recognize that it's helpful for some people but I grew up Christian and it really really wasn't.

If you're just talking about being politically liberal I already am pretty liberal. Maybe you could explain further what you mean by "leftist?"

>There's something about the lifestyle of that, whole community, that's (excuse the sjw phrase) "not healthy"
Who are you talking about here?

You havent read Dostoevsky?

Hating people who aren't white, gay, just across the board hatred of people. You shouldn't let yourself get tangeled up in that nonsense, I may have left, but I've known people who've stuck there. Their lives just became more insular and now they're shut ins and refuse to contact me because I "betrayed them", by being more interested in philosophy and literature, music. And the communities around them.

This is just my own experiences, and I don't know if they're really that concrete. But it mostly just, sets you up on a worse path for depression, among other issues.

The far right, for all its prevalence, is really just isolating, justifying it. It made everything worse for me, and the people I mentioned. Solitary isolation is never good for the heart.

It wasn't this bad in the past. The way the internet is now, where we can't even discuss certain topics. There's nuance to everything but I see the right's dominance on here as more negative than positive, because I can't say for sure it will result in tragedy.

But it has in my eyes, a lot. And I miss the friends I had, who used to be energetic and hopeful. Now they've become something I never expected and shut ins, making everything they felt worse.

At best, it's good to have a good middle ground and not buy into the either extreme. They destroy you.

Political activism and extremism is a red vein that cuts through the community we once had, into hatred, and selfishness.

Nothing good comes from being extreme is what I'm trying to say.

Started doing this (almost) every night before bed. Helps a good deal. Like prayer, just confessing stupid inhumane behaviour of mine; recalling things I regret doing, or not doing; stating in precise terms what I feel I need; what I feel I'm ignoring; etc.

Gradually you enter into this private world of inner resonance. Heals the spirit. Makes me understand the point of faith, and hope.

not christian or Religious

I haven't, why?

Bump

he is pretty much the go to in these situations

Why?

Do meth and throw rocks at cars

Read him and you will know.

This morning a car honked at me while I was walking in a crosswalk.

pls

I cant put it into words you retard if I could I would be a literary genius like him and I would use my talent to write dope ass novells not shitpost here.

my /pol/ phase lasted like 3 days desu
but i lost all my hope in people for ever

AND emphaty, how do i get it back?