What's Murakami's best book in your opinion?

What's Murakami's best book in your opinion?

Tokyo blues

murakami is nora roberts for teenagers

Didn't know that one. You must be a hardcore fan.

1Q84

Having read almost all of his work, I would say Wind-up Bird Chronicle, Kafka on the Shore and IQ84 are my favorites; Very compelling characters, simple and economic language, and his injection of the supernatural feels the most seamless. The only book of Murakami's I haven't thoroughly enjoyed thus us far is Colorless Tsukuru, it seemed very fractured and pointless, and the ending was rather unsatisfying.

I dont care for his fiction, and his angsty male self inserts.

Avant teen core. Read some Leo Tolstoy ya pleb

But I read his complete works between 14 and 15.

Seconded. Kafka on the Shore second best with a very small gap.

Idk, but it certainly ain't this piece of shit. I made the terrible mistake of reading this as my first Murakami. Now I have three other books of his that I don't want to read in fear of enduring something like this again.

>1Q84
wtf. i thought this was considered his worst by far

The Wind Up Bird Chronicle, IMO. Tho Murakami is the Japanese John Green but I think we all know that

based japan

Easily his worst prose; strong concepts initially, ridiculously bad execution and lack of direction, with a nonsensical (and not even in that unsatisfying, contemplative way he enjoys), lackluster conclusion

I didn't even draw that conclusion but you're so right. What the fuck.

Seconded, Kafka on the Shore and Sputnik Sweetheart are my picks.

Wind Up Faggot Chronicles
Norwegian Faggot
That's all

>South of the Border, West of the Sun

Maybe the most accurate depiction of middle-aged angst ever written

This is the only Murakami I've read and I found it profoundly underwhelming.

He did capture middle age angst well, I'll admit.

The sex scenes though. Just why. It sounded like it came from the perspective of someone who'd never had sex before, or never even talked about it. Just extremely cringe-inducing reading. And they were so frequent too.

snap

>The Windup Bird

Never read the sex in 1Q84 breh.

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

people saying 1Q84 haven't read it

this man in my country, he is nothing