Is th universe really deterministic?

Is your entire fate really determined at birth by your genes, crystallized intelligence and inherited traits? Or is it possible to do something about it and alter your destiny?

dumbass should have just moved to the us and become a teacher.

>Reading University
Well there's your problem

What were the "knock backs"?

Probably rejection

>observe a non deterministic event
>if x happens I will eat steak, if y happens I will eat sushi
>your future now isnt deterministic anymore

How does a non deterministic event come to be?

>Implying fundamentally random event exist
>Implying the fate of the universe isn't defined by a universal wave function

The universal wave function is called GOD

>>Implying fundamentally random event exist
They literally exists though

God doesn't play dice with the universe, lad :^)

>Is your entire fate really determined at birth by your genes, crystallized intelligence and inherited traits?

No its determined by the choices you make, faggot.

I definitely chose to become bipolar and fuck up my life.

I woke up one day happy with a girlfriend a loving family and a job

Then I suddenly and inexplicably decided to be gay, so now I have no gf, my family hates me, and I have to hide my identity at my workplace

How do I un-choose things?

Does free will exist?

Yes it IS your fault. You chose to make your bipolar disorder a problem rather than find a way to work around it and move forward.

>didn't choose to be gay
>but still wants to be gay

Make up your mind faggot

>People thinking deterninism has anything to do with genetics
We are discussing about the existence of non-deterministic events, not any "huh if I was black then my life would have been different"

gr8 post edgelord

Somebody hasn't taken physics II yet lol

Entilted cis male, i swear.
Doesn't they know how much we trans people got to suffer?.Is it not enough that WE get ignored they have SPACE in news papers for FUCKING WITHE PEOPLE.
I didn't even finsh Highschool!!Because racism, withe people HATE, and being TRANS!! GOSH so triggered and Sad and Trans.

>true random exists

fucking maximum zoz no one is this much of a brainlet right?

t. someone who has never been severely mentally ill

the irony is he chooses to do nothing but shitpost despite his lack of mental illness, essentially making him less productive and useful than most people diagnosed with a mental illness

>trusting (((physics professors)))
Good goy!

Randomness is a factor of the observer's ignorance.

No it isn't.

Radioactive decay. And the wave function is inherently probabilistic you retard.

>Is your entire fate really determined at birth by your genes, crystallized intelligence and inherited traits?
Yeah, but it's also influenced by what shirt your mom was wearing when you were born, what temperature the ocean was six million years ago, and by how many seconds it took you to read this post.

There's no such thing as like, a fucking superior being or whatever whose life is better because they have better genes. Your life is better or worse due to the inevitable coincidence of billions, trillions of seemingly unrelated events.

Luck is the only great de-equalizer.

Well, luck, and / or enough money to fucking bribe God.

Einstein believed it was determined by what happened at the birth of the universe. Once that was set in motion, your existence was inevitable, and what you end up with is preordained.

A murdered is preordained to commit his crime?
Yes, but that does not mean that we don't lock him up for his crimes.

This is just basic causality shit. Whenever this sort of discussion comes up I try and explain this to my friends and they just look at me blankly

>spend 10 minutes trying to explain this
>wait what if i just choose to do something else
AAAAAAAAAAAAA