Why are labs required as a physics major?

Why are labs required as a physics major?
Just tell me what the fuck will happen why do I have to do all this bullshit. I guess I'll just switch to math.

Yeah switch to math and be even more useless to humanity

How is physics more useful than math?

>how is architecture more useful than fingerpainting?

lmao if you think all of physics is done with a Mac on your lap sitting in your office then you are not made for it. change to faggotmathicz

because they need an excuse to charge you more

If you can't carry out simple experiments, how are you supposed to carry out more complicated ones later?

its not even the experiments its the lab reports that are annoying

Yeah I was shitposting earlier but dude if you like physics then don't let some gruntwork lab reports dissuade you. I hated doing them for chem but it's just a chore you need to do, it's not supposed to be fun. At the very least it gives you some practice in preparing reports of experiments. If you find that you enjoy math much more then switch to that, don't let your decisions hinge on whether or not you need to do some menial task; think about your future career.

Maybe not for lower year labs, but doing a full blown lab report really does solidify your understanding of the topic. If they're made properly, the lab will seem easy at first glance but actually have a lot of small nuances that require a very solid understanding of the material to ascertain. It's good practice to write labs, typing out your thinking concisely and logically is beneficial. Also, labs are infinitely more important that classwork. Without experiments you can't prove shit, its far easier to write out an equation than it is to think of a method to test the validity of the equation.

This guy has a fair point too OP, I learned almost nothing in lecture as compared to the plethora of things I discovered for myself during lab experiments. Putting something into practice is so much more powerful than just reading it or hearing about it.

Just switch to math.

>its the lab reports that are annoying

the lab reports are the point.

as a STEM guy, your notebook is subject to legal and corporate scrutiny.

you fags need to realize that just by having a bachelors from a legit 4 year institution puts you in the top 10% of civilization, and a lot of you are going to be charged with running said civilization. god fuckin' forbid our institutions of higher learning beat a little attention to detail into you.

also, if you didn't realize that college was a 4 year hazing period before being allowed entrance into the professional world, then you need to work in industry more.

The most powerful country in History with a stupid meme president.

I can't believe it.

fuck off to pol with your complaint

Stop posting image with trump on it.

fuck you

beg for attention somewhere else, faggot
>>>/reddit/

>he doesn't like chem labs
>kill me now

>having to work with strangers
>hours wasted following instructions from paper you will never have to do ever again
>even more hours wasted turning in a lab report the professor will read once and never again
all this time could be spent going over concepts at a slower pace. but they decide to skim through chapters at a time to make room for useless labs.

>There are the labs in freshman physics that require 0 effort.
>That one crash course on electronics.
>And one or two labs on modern physics.

What are you complaining about? They are no where as bad as chemistry lab.