COMFORT FOODS

what food do YOU like to eat(especially when stressed) even if it's unhealthy, not trendy, looks like shit on a cracker(or worse), or is just a guilty pleasure?

what cooking do you have to do for it?

pic related is a recent favorite of mine, a slice of cheap bread dipped in melted butter spread with garlic and toasted, place a fried egg on top and a slice of cheese(Sharp Cheddar for life) on top of that. throw it back in the toaster oven for a minute or so to melt the cheese and seal in the egg.

1.) how does that sound to you guys?
2.) do not consume if you have a moustache

Mac 'n cheese

out of a box or make your own?

peanut butter jam sandwich

jam flavor preference?
I prefer strawberry.
all of my past girlfriends have preferred Apricot
this has lead to conflict.

I don't look for comfort from food because that's really destructive and unhealthy. I actually have never experienced "comfort" from a food and I think you should seek help if some fattening shit gives you "comfort"

Sounds like you're well on your way to eating three dominos pizzas topped with your tears as you bite into it, then going "I-it comforts m-me"

why are you so disgusting?

I just really like my fried eggs.

>dominoes
never ever dude, got a place nearby that does hand-made I like though.

>I actually have never experienced "comfort" from a food
have you ever derived satisfaction or contentment from food?
if you have then what food was it?

because I have a high metabolism and can put down 3 of those and call it a meal.
and because I am secure in my dietary choices.

Not sure why everyone is giving you shit OP. My ultimate comfort food is pbj crackers because the only time my mom would make them is if I was sick. If I'm having a crappy day I'll usually make frozen Mac and cheese plus chicken nuggets. Brings me back to childhood. Something about that crappy flavor...

''i have a fast metabolism'' doesn't excuse you for being an unhealthy fucking slob, eat some fucking vegetables you undeveloped palate having bitch

...yeah, and if I wanted to see people's "usual" meals I'd ask, the stuff in this thread doesn't need to be healthy it just needs to be the stuff you eat to feel good or possibly feel guilty about.

i will answer your question, my comfort food is hummus. small spoons of it at a time. can't get enough.

I guess I'm a bit stressed tonight, work has been been riding me pretty hard lately, trying to increase productivity or some shit. I did fuck all at work today, my sort of silent protest but I will probably hear about it on Monday.

I just got home and drank about 6 beers fairly quickly just to get into relax mode and then just cooked up some sausages and onion in a frypan and ate them with buttered bread and BBQ sauce. Feel pretty comfy now. Might have a few whisky's.

you're persistent you fucker. fine, it's not a food but hot chocolate just gets me in a mood

Also, always cook more sausages than you intend to eat, put the extra cooked sausages in the fridge, they are your tomorrow snacks. Get drunk again tomorrow , you'll see.

Biscuits and gravey
Grilled corn on the cob
Meatloaf
Chicken salad
Chili with cornbread
Fried chicken homemade
Smoked beef ribs
Lastly, the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich.

>you're persistent you fucker
one of my few "good" qualities

>Lastly, the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich
>the best fast food sandwich
as a South-Texan I am culturally obligated to argue for the Double-Double from WhatABurger as the best fast-food sandwich

Not even close. Nice try Pedro

Diet soda. I eat sweets very rarely but when stressed I'll drink a diet soda.

no...at least go with a fried chicken sandwich that isnt made by compression-sintering chicken paste...

looks like cum

Beer, lots of it.

deviled ham sandwich with mayo.

Tea. Or, albiet very rarely, hot chocolate.

And alcohol.

One fairly recent addition to my comfort foods is straciatella soup. I usually make that with small noodles whenever I'm sick or it's just cold or wet outside.
Drinking beer and adding splashes of it to a chili that is simmering on the stove is like meditation to me.
>1.) how does that sound to you guys?
Sounds like an okay low-effort meal, I can see it working as a comfort to you.
>all of my past girlfriends have preferred Apricot
All your past gfs had shit taste. Apricot is a shit fruit and preferring apricot jam can be a dealbreaker
>I just got home and drank about 6 beers fairly quickly just to get into relax mode
Whew lad

You sound like a really fun person to hang out with.

>I am a machine who only eats to fuel himself
>also I'm incapable of feeling joy
That's what you sound like.

Stop feeding him yous

Orange chicken combo with pork fried rice, an order of chicken-onna-stick, and a vanilla coke. I try not to have it more than once every 3 or 4 months. Occasionally I attempt to make it at home with mixed results.

I don't know if this counts, but whenever I feel really guilty (such as after a night of too much drinking) I go to Jimmy John's because alfalfa sprouts make me feel like a good person.

Mom's spaghetti. Make roux, add tomato paste, some milk, and some of the water from the boiled spaghetti (which I add a stock cube to) and the boiled meatballs, some basic herbs, & presto.
Maximum comfort. Tastes even better if it's a day old and reheated.

i like krakowska (polish sausage)on white bread and put in the microwave. it's great because the microwave makes the bread really soft and it's just so fucking good. try it on a rainy day.

What? Why would your mom make tomato sauce with a roux and milk? It looks like that chef boyardee spaghetti and meatballs

Spaghetti noodles tossed in browned garlic butter, pepper, parsley, and sauce made from pasta water and brie cheese.
When the dudes (non-cooks) ask what it is that I'm making, I say: "nothing special."

how new are you?

Suggest ordering a different mom. That shit's disgusting, desu.

My comfort food is beef stew. Brown up some beef shanks, load up the slow cooker with garlic, onion, potatoes, celery, peas and whatever spices I want, top off with some stock and let it alone for a few hours. Eat it with lots of pepper and some crusty sourdough bread and a tall glass of whole milk. Best during cold weather, and a bonus if its snowing so I can sit out on the porch and take in the beauty.

I don't get people that use comfort food to make themselves feel better. Like, I get its a trope and a common phenomenon and all that, but stress really curbs my appetite.

I came here to talk about comfort food

because I needed a break from /d/ Veeky Forums and /aco/

No idea, but I love it.

My mom is the best.

You sound like you're fat and use food to deal with your problems

My palms are sweaty just thinking about it.

An entire jar of olives on its own.

whats the best way to get the peel a dry sausage?
saw a youtube video saying to cover it in damp paper towel then remove the casing....worked okay but it has fibers on the outside
anybody know?

I don't think I really have a comfort food. When I'm stressed I'll just eat whatever I can with the least amount of effort and usually eat a lot of it.

If we're talking about foods that just make you happy then beef stew. Putting the effort into making beef stew and then pouring over some garlic cheddar biscuits makes me pretty happy. It's something I did and it's fucking simple and tasty.

There was one time when my mother pissed me the fuck off and I went made a crap load of pulled pork and ate until I wanted to vomit. You don't usually feel good and comforted after something like that though.

well I ate burritos for a few months, now I need a new food to eat.

i already ran most things into the ground.

ran games in the ground, ran movies in the ground, ran food into the ground. Maybe theres a good book out.

Everything

there's another dish that has all similar ingredients. Lasagna.

Hot tea with large amounts of sugar and milk

Kasha Varnishkes

>chicken supernoodles
>white toast
>grated cheddar

>put toast in bottom of a bowl
>prepare noodles, slightly more soupy than normal
>KEEP THE FUCKING DRY BITS OF NOODLE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE PACKET
>layer cooked noodles with cheese
>top with more cheese and sprinkle the dry noodle bits on top

so fucking good

Someone's from the south

Not him, but grape is best if you're not going for like gourmet jam. I also like raspberry and strawberry.

>6 beers
The absolute madman

Pic related, my parents always had it around in the house. I don't eat it very often, but it always reminds me of happier, simpler times.