What's the most disturbing piece of literature you have ever read?

What's the most disturbing piece of literature you have ever read?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Chydenius
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Communist Manifesto

my own diary tbf (to be frank)

calling it "literature" is pushing it but some of the "guro/snuff fantasy stories" of asstr are so disturbing a fucked up that they literally make me hate humanity. I'm not gonna name any specifics as I don't wanna look back there but they make A Serbian Film look like Barney.

anne frank?

Blood Meridian certainly had its moments.

please recc me some

I can't come up with a word other than "dirty"

There was all the perverse sex and bodily fluids and grotesque illnesses and gory violence, of course

But what set it apart was also the emotive, the nihilism, the treachery, the selfishness, the egotism

It was like the text equivalent of when you saw Goatse or Tubgirl for the first time

>asstr

Could you elaborate on who the fuck this is

Something about how the US empire is final one on earth (until a new one is formed on another planet).

And how even when the collapse of the "US" is assured, it will gobble up Canada and Mexico to sustain itself for well over a hundred years.

I liked that book

it's just a shitty erotic stories site

I don't remember the name but if you look up asstr, snuff stories or something your day will be ruined

I think the worst story was written by this female author and it was about forcing people to give birth to animals then killing them or something, also extremely pedo and fucked

Naked Lunch by Burroughs. I had problem reading it. This is well known to Veeky Forums so idk if you already read it.

Yesterday I started Svjatlana Aleksievič's Voices from Chernobyl, the one who won the Nobel prize. I had difficulty going over the first chapter for what she wrote. And being these facts and not fiction made them really frightening.

alt sex story text repository

hi frank

Lolita

Is it you Otto? :^)

the plus scenario seems best, although slightly weird.

steps was pretty fucked up. i'm sure i've read specifically more fucked up things somewhere, but the whole tone of the book got to me, and some of the stories were nasty as heck

Whores for Gloria by William Vollmann probably. While other works have had more disturbing moments WfG is consistently fucked.

Tampa by Alissa nutting. The book actually turned out to be pretty good and it was a very fun read. Just sexually frank and disturbing in its explicit description of predatory sex and statutory rape

+1

'The anthropic principle and its implications for biological evolution' has me spooked for a while

It was just posted in a thread about violent books, but The Painted Bird certainly fits here, too. A lot of graphic violence including rape and brutal murders of little kids, eyeballs being plucked out, etc. Really good book, too.

Where did you read this?

I cant access the pdf to this can you outline the gist, even the abstract doesnt really explain what it is trying to say

If you're looking for existentially disturbing like your pic (Better Never to Have Been by David Benatar) then you'd probably like pic related. Basically can be described as "Horror Philosophy" and actually mentions Benatar's book in it but says it doesn't go nearly far enough to describe just how dreadful the human experience is. While Benatar believes we're better off never having been born but that suicide isn't the right response, Ligotti outlines that immediate suicide is the only reasonable response to life.

120 Days of Sodom

MALDOROR by Lautréamont

>"Would you rather ride on a train, dance in the rain, or feel no pain?"
Chills man.

Last Exit to Brooklyn

The Book of Revelation

"Only one enemy remained. Two, if you count god"

holy... I want more

Chuck Palahniuk's short story Guts from "Haunted" always gives me a good chuckle.

Anything by Houellebecq. It's like watching yourself in the mirror and realising you are just another flawed being. He describes the decadence of the West like no one else.

The thing with the pool right?

I wish I could save you in some sort of time machine

The Wealth of Nations

"the passion which unites the two sexes"

What? Uhh... WHAT? PIECE OF CRAP. Ugh. Smith is a bigot.

Yeah, better read the stuff of Anders Chydenius, Smith basically copied his stuff

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Chydenius

Crash by JG Ballard. I think it is a fine novel, mind you, but it really made me squirm.

I second this book. Really creepy vibe and it's recommended by DFW itself.

Perhaps more distressing than disturbing, but I'm currently reading 'Beasts of No Nation' and that shit legit gives me nightmares. It's only 178 pages long and it's taking me days to finish just because I can only read so much at a time.

That's right.

Something happened by Joseph Heller broke something inside me.

Can somebody fucking source me these memes?

It's tearing me apart seeing anglo Veeky Forums knowers having their in-jokes which I'm excluded of

>absence of pleasure is not bad

every time

>implying it's not true

PLAYING PIANOS FILLED WITH FLAMES

Pierre Guyotat - Tomb for 500,000 Soldiers

its from a really bad reddit post on people writing their own stories

trust me lad you don't want to know

>MALDOROR by Lautréamont

Criminally underappreciated on Veeky Forums

knockemstiff by pollock

Not really disturbing, just heavily flawed in its logic and economically nonsensical.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism

Why is absence of pleasure not bad but absence of pain is good? Should be the other way around if anything

How the fuck does one make a serbian film look like barney? Have you even seen it? Not even American Psycho or 120 days of Sodom made that look like Barney.

when you say the thing with the pool you mean /that/ one?

read that years ago and forgot about it, but just remembering it now... eughhhh

1Q84

The next novel I'm going to write after I'm finished my next one, to be honest.