Fuck you for meming me into math...

Fuck you for meming me into math. I could have been a part of community that will solve all sicknesses and make humans immortal. Instead I'm stuck with meme conjectures that will never be useful to anyone.

There's still time.

just get your phd and 300k starting

Why is that smug motherfucker making that pose?

In real life how likely is it actually that you can study something with a specific goal of what you want to research? Aren't research positions limited and competetive?

If you can't knock over some competition you don't deserve it senpai

Does that matter? Wouldn't an additional researcher, even if he is mediocre, not help?

Who knows? If they have limited budget and don't want to spend it on mediocre researchers why would they? Either way the answer is to try not to be mediocre.

>try not to be mediocre.

That's not always in your control.

For starters you should try and increase your control over it by going to study right now

Your fault for wanting to be le smartest bestest major instead of something you're interested in.

You control the memes you don't let the memes control you

Math degrees are for autists who failed at every other subject or it's for actuary jews to make the big bucks

>Math degrees are for autists who failed at every other subject
this is true t b h f a m

t. about this close to switching to math major because fuck CS (it's not hard, it's just boring as fuck)

>Math degrees are for autists who failed at every other subject
this

math is the only thing I'm not shit at (that's employable)

I wish I was smart enough to do micro biology. Physics is such a fucking meme.

This whole thread is probably ironic but on the off chance that you're serious, continue with math and then just finish in bioinformatics or something similar (biostatistics/biomathematics) which will be the bread and butter of microbiology in a couple of years

t. MSc microbio student

I'm not being ironic, thanks.

But, but Le math meme is the best meme!

>muh memes

There are no memes in real life, my friend. Don't let Veeky Forums retardation color your worldview.

too late now user

>which will be the bread and butter of microbiology in a couple of years

all branches of biology*

It will never be the bread and butter. Wet lab and chemical experimental work will always be the bread and butter of these fields, until there's little to be discovered so only bioinformatics research is conducted. And we're very far from that. I don't know what's up with this bioinfo meme mania. It's a big field and it's getting bigger, but that's about it.

this
>/thread

>meme

Go outside.

what? care to elaborate?

True but paradoxically acting as though it is completely in control will make you more effective, and give you more control.

I'm not sure what you expected out of math. It sounds like you're an idiot.

As a math major I completely agree with you.

At least is it pure mathematics and not pajeet applied arithmetics?

Math degrees are for autists who can't do other subjects because they feel an empty void inside for doing trivial shit

I'm suspicious of how much more employable a Ph.D in applied math or stats actually makes someone over someone with a Pure Math Ph.D. I don't think non-mathematicians can tell the difference.

>curing all illnesses and being immortal is trivial