IT'S HAPPENING

IT'S HAPPENING

Nigerian prince proves Riemann hypothesis, and he's getting his million dollars!

independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/opeyemi-enoch-nigerian-professor-solves-156-year-old-maths-problem-a6737846.html

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Has-the-Riemann-Hypothesis-been-solved-by-a-Nigerian-professor?redirected_qid=5880926
qz.com/552327/the-nigerian-mathematics-genius-who-fooled-the-british-media/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Blackwell
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Tuesday 17 November 2015

FUCK OFF

I'm sorry guise.

>nigger posts false proof and the mainstream media declares the problem cracked without anyone even verifying it

Ayo hol up
So you be sayin
We wuz mathematicians and shieet?

Literally in the first line
>could be

Really makes you think.

POLE BLOWN DA FUZ OUT

Imagine if they showed his proof and it was just a bunch of pictures of watermelons and KFC.

>tfw black
>IQ 87
>keep coming to Veeky Forums to try become smarter
>Veeky Forums keeps making fun of my people

Veeky Forums isn't going to make you smarter. Go read some books and do math and shit

You should probably identifying with people who have the same skin as you and start identifying with people who share your desire for self improvement.

Meant to say "probably *stop* identifying".

but white nerds are very cringey desu I don't want to deal with them
blacknerds are the best friends

das raycis dude

APOLOGISE, /POL/

WE MATH NOW

>tfw black
>tfw studied STEM field at prestigious university for five years and graduated with distinction
>tfw published, active member of scientific community
>tfw on Veeky Forums for years, enjoying glimpses of intelligent discussion
>tfw Veeky Forums starts to become /pol/

Is it too much to ask for the race baiting to be contained?

To those of you who have wandered from what should be your containment board: for the record, there are famous black mathematicians and scientists who have made sizable contributions. For every useful proof or result, there are thousands which have failed or been incorrect. Race doesn't matter in this regard.

By attempting to denigrate somebody for presenting and seeking review for what turned out to be a flawed proof, you're actually denigrating the concept of rational inquiry and progress in STEM fields. This will fall on deaf ears, but it would be to your benefit to stop trying to make the world conform to your own ignorance.

We're justing joking around mate.

>Being this butthurt
>Over Veeky Forums

Maybe you're not as intelligent as you think you are.

>>tfw black

That explains it.

I think it's less butthurt and more of concern.

>tfw studied STEM field at prestigious university due affirmative action
What an accomplishment

That's how these things work. It has to be confirmed by other mathematicians before we are sure he has proven it. The interesting thing is that the proof was already presented in a prestigious venue.

Please take your race-baiting back to /pol/ or at least keep it in the race threads here, since those are only kept for use as /pol/ containment threads.

Race-bating is not science and it isn't math, so it doesn't belong here.

quora.com/Has-the-Riemann-Hypothesis-been-solved-by-a-Nigerian-professor?redirected_qid=5880926

not that it matters but
>tfw white, blue eyed, brown haired, moderately intelligent
>agree with you 100%

jokes are great while you are not the subject
>tfw USA born and raised, moved to AUS after my accent stuck as a child
>constantly made the subject of jokes for 20+ years, septic tank -> septic yank "cors yer all fulla shet"
>its just a joke mate, dont be so serious
>watch faces harden as I affect overly bogan accents and make fun of alcoholism and gambling addictions

This was already proved to be fraud.
What's amazing though is how quickly this spread with ""renowned"" publications all publishing an obviously fake story.

>an African doing something important quick publish it!

>tfw on Veeky Forums for years, enjoying glimpses of intelligent discussion

What the hell are you talking about. How can posting a article be race baiting.
For a man of science you sure are doing a lot of emotional reasoning.

Can't take banter? We should give you more special treatment that will surely solve the bitterness of whites.

He's not talking about the article. Read the thread before posting.

Lol, why are whites so bitter? This isn't about special treatment. Its about keeping your childish comments off board where they don't belong. Its not like you can't go over to /pol/ and race-bait all you want. It just doesn't make sense on a board about science.

>You: lol niggers
>Veeky Forums: Take that to /pol/
>You: WOW, this is why whites are so bitter

I bet you're one of those people that thinks theres a war on Christmas, too.

>He mentions his race expecting people to support him unconditionally
>People don't give a fuck

Pl-please d-don't be racist!

>not that it matters

Then don't fucking mention it.

>but

You're already wrong.

>He can't handle tip-top Kangaroo banter

They didn't laugh because in 20+ years you didn't learn shit from their rich shitposting culture. You offended their heritage, not them personally.

I got this email too. Did u give money?

>culture
k

Do actually expect me to reply to a strawman? Or are you just masturbating via text?

Nope, you're just making shit up. He mentioned his race to remind you that there are in fact, black scientists.

You shouldn't support him because he is black, you should support him because he is right. Those comments don't belong on this board.

I'm not asking you not to be racist. I'm asking you to be racist somewhere else.

>>>
>OP 12/25/16(Sun)17:04:55 No.8562550▶
> (OP)
if you were actually smart you wouldn't even be on this board

HAA HAA HAAAAA CHECKMATE YOU FUCKING STUPID NIGGER

Nigger

>I'm not asking you not to be racist. I'm asking you to be racist somewhere else.
Tough luck nigger

you should learn the definition of racism
no one denied that blacks weren't scientists, lol

>Do actually expect me to reply to a strawman?

In all honesty, I feel my greentext accurately reflected your argument. None of you really posted 'banter' because it wasn't clever or funny or even original. You just posted the same racebait that you post all the time.

It doesn't really belong on a science board and I'm not sure

a) why you don't understand that
and
b) why that makes you bitter

>Black scientists exists
so what? Should they be treated any different than other scientists? If they're work is shown to be faulty then they deserved to be laughed at.

Nice to see we have virtue signalling whites here on sci. Good job man! You're such a good person!

I'm white, so the proper term is nigger-lover.

Sorry, I'll revise my statement.

I'm not asking you not to racebait, I'm asking you to racebait somewhere else, like or .

Also,
>definition jerking
kys

My point was that when you get special treatment you should expect banter about it from resentful people.

and half the threads on this board don't belong here. this is Veeky Forums not physicsforum

This thread is another example of how niggers are like women when it comes to the internet.

European and white american males talk shit all the time without ever saying 'hey there are good english/italians by the way :^)'

Women come along and we get 'I'm a grill btw'

Blacks come along and we get 'WE WUZ SCIENTISTS AND SHEEEIT'

Nobody cares, you're not special here

>should they be treated differently?
No! They shouldn't! I'm glad we agree :) Good thing I never advocated that.

I'm curious as to why you think that a black fraudulent scientist should be mocked for being black and not for being fraudulent though. That's a bit odd, don't you think?

The proper term is faggot that doesn't know about IQ differences and criminality between races

MGTOW

Most of the """""banter""""" was posted before it was even explained that he was a fraud in the thread.

I do believe the fact that he was black lead to his conclusions not being investigated by mainstream media before the posted:"Look at how smart black scientists are."

The fact that they needed to mention the guy is black and from Nigeria is racebaiting, they could've run the entire article without mentoning his ethnicity or where he's from. But because he's black he needs special treatment in academia, which I dont now why the black community doesn't find that extremely offense.

>IQ differences
who cares. Just because the averages are different doesn't mean there aren't smart black people. There are very smart black people and very dumb white people. Surely you're not so dumb that you don't understand how averages work.

>criminal rates
Even more irrelevant than the IQ part.

How many articles have you seen written about people where they don't explain the people they are taking about? If someone makes a discovery, people want to know who they are and where they are from. And they want a picture. That's just how articles work.

If you really think putting someone's picture and background in an article about them is racebaiting, I don't think we have much more to discuss. You're clearly retarded.

He's obviously a fucking fraud. Nobody is going to solve the Riemann Hypothesis while any of us is still alive, and even if someone presented a proof, that still means nothing. Remember that it took years for Perelman's proof of Poincaré's Cojecture to be fact-checked and considered correct, so until then we'll just shitpost away to eternity.

>inb4 go back to /pol/

People would have made fun of him because of his procedence regardless of what it had been. If you really think people wouldn't have made fun of him for being French/Brit/American/German/Japanese/etc... and that him being black makes any actual difference appart from the jokes used, you're really, really wrong.

>muh exceptional blacks and white trash

God you are an idiot

Look at the African continent

Look at Detroit

Look at Ferguson

Or, think of it like this:
Would you be more likely to get along with a classroom full of blacks, or a classroom full of whites?
Would you rather live in a black or white neighbourhood?
Would you be more likely to find a mathematical genius in a room full of whites or blacks?
Would a society benefit more from an influx of one million whites or one million blacks?

>I don't read the news
>I don't know anything about biology

>Nobody is going to solve the Riemann Hypothesis while any of us is still alive
I'd love to see your proof of that.

>explaining to me how proofs are verified Irrelevant.

>we'd make fun of him independent of race
Yeah, but you wouldn't make fun of his race independent of his race.
If he was black or asian, sure, you'd make fun of his race like you did. But if he was white, you'd make fun of his country (that's why you mentioned America/British/Franch). Making fun of someone for being American or British is not racebaiting.

I don't know what point you're making. None of that proves that there aren't smart blacks who don't commit crimes, and are very valuable members of society. (Protip: there are)

qz.com/552327/the-nigerian-mathematics-genius-who-fooled-the-british-media/

"I met this one black guy once upon a time who wasn't a criminal and wasn't a total idiot, so they are just as good as you or me" the post

>The irony is that even though Enoch’s genius appears to have been mistaken, Nigerians are well known for some original and verified achievements. Last week, in Perth, Australia, Wellington Jighere became the first African to win the World Scrabble Championship; and in May, Ufot Ekong emerged as the best graduating student from Tokai University in Japan, breaking a 50-year-old record in the process.
>scrabble
>the best graduating student

That's pretty awesome, right guys?

Certainly you can make a better argument than just strawmanning. If not, I think we're done. I really don't even know what you're arguing for.

>I'd love to see your proof of that.

It's just a hunch.

>>explaining to me how proofs are verified
>Irrelevant.

No it isn't, it's basically the only reason I assumed it was a fraud, probably the same for the rest here.

>If he was black or asian, sure, you'd make fun of his race like you did. But if he was white, you'd make fun of his country (that's why you mentioned America/British/Franch). Making fun of someone for being American or British is not racebaiting.

It's nationbaiting, which is basically the same since you have exactly the same amount of control over where you were born and what your race is. And I'll admit that him being black would have superseded his nationality for the most part, but so what?

If you know any good anti-white racist memes ala "HOL UP", "WE WUZ" and shit like that, just spread its use. Until then, people will take the easier route and use their nationality.

And just by the by, I didn't make fun of the guy in the article, I just trolled the black scientist and the not-Australian man.

>If you know any good anti-white racist memes
The 'cucks' meme is an example user. And you're wasting your time arguing with him.

But it's a contextual meme. I can say "AYOO HOL UP" and it will almost always be a correct use.

Not him but cuck isn't really anti-white, a better example would be something like yuropoor.

Cuck means someone who is okay with being a loser and justifies as if it's okay. eg: liberals

Post hand and something smart like triple integral

Was a black guy ever awarded the Fields medal ?

Legit question, not even trying to be racist.

No, but there has been a black guy who got a van neumann prize and one who got a Nobel in economics.

So it's a feasible goal, someone just has to step up.

sorry bro I just checked know your meme and that is not what cuck means

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Blackwell

This guy has won quite a few awards. No Fields medal, but somebody of his level of ability has the potential to earn one.

WE

WUZ

Do you seriously never get tired of spewing the same memes?

>bro
You could've used homie instead of bro to keep with the vibe of the thread.

Assmad nigglet detected

>tfw Veeky Forums starts to become /pol/

It's pretty fascinating. Veeky Forums seem to be the only board that is actively raided by /pol/ [spoiler]though I don't read /lgbt/[/spoiler]. I wonder what this is about?

Then I guess /pol/ has always had a foundation in anti-intellectualism. Some of the userbase probably perceive the "intellectual elite" as their biggest threat, leading to a handful of users with a vendetta.

the thing is there were many great black scientists like yakub who created white people

You made a mistake. Veeky Forums actively drains iq

Nice story user, never heard of this yakub before.

>being this much of a brainlet

Nah. You are taking it too seriously.

Actually, we actually have no advanced culture compared to european mediterranean people, so we got raised without getting pride of our roots mostly. Our people have shit culture.

So, when insecure individuals find a checkpoint where they can feel calm, and take fake pride on (my ancestor :) ), so they tend to "relax".

I think some of us fall for that trap and become like /pol/ for a second. I am smart. I got achievements. I can do great things.

I think that most of us actually don't give a fuck about your opinion, and it's actually funny when you jump in the conversation and try to explain culture like a biologically coherent "fate".

Nevertheless. Most mexicans are dumb and are raised as such. Educated and high education peruvians are the smartest of the continent.

I know this is bait but user Veeky Forums is the wrong place to try and get smarter.

Nigga only the American portion of /pol/ is anti science. The rest especially Europeans aren't retarded like that.

I dunno, if you are European and posting unironically on /pol/, you are probably pretty retarded or a Swedish masochist getting off to verbal abuse.

>not thinking black culture is the single biggest reason for their failure literally everywhere.

u w0t m8?

sure there are good blacks but the bad blacks far outnumber te good blacks and therefore al blacks are seen as bad blacks and therefore racism will exist because bad blacks literally contribute nothing to society.

Are you for a chance, american?

Try to read my post again.

HAIL THE NEW BLACK SCIENCE MAN.

We can safely burn Niel DeGrasse Tyson now. I always thought he'd make good marshmallows.

>arguing
I wouldn't call it that, since he never actually refuted my main point, which is that racebait comments don't belong on this board.

You're right, nationbaiting is almost as bad. That's why those comments don't really belong here either.

>trolled
That word used to mean something...

you have no "roots", if you did they would either be slavery or shitfarming up in the Congo where you fail to achieve in 2016 what the Europeans did in 1600.

As for the second bit I probably don't understand what you're trying to say then. But here's my rebuttal to what i think you're trying to say. Blacks shouldnt be proud of their race. They should be disgraced. Blacks as a whole should hate their forefathers and their ancestors for what they allowed to happen to the black race. Any public black figure shouldn't be admired simply because they arent doing enough to keep little nigglets off the streets, in the schools, off the drugs and out of crime.

How could you possibly know that?

(This is a rhetorical question.)

Those are good points.

I want /pol/ to fucking leave.

Veeky Forums has historically been apolitical, with a slight liberal bent.

The nigger jokes were funny in like 2008. But as people on this website pretended to be racist, actual racists now infest this website. I've seen this defense tactic again and again.

Call them out for being what they are, racist pricks and they respond with

>oh we are just banting m8 lighten up
>nigger

they throw that last bit in to get that last bit of rise out of you, and if you respond in earnest, they say you're just being butthurt.

It's bullshit. /pol/ needs to fucking go. You are all a bunch of insecure, shriveled dick white cucks, terrified at the prospect of your irrelevance as you slowly realize that not only do women no longer need you, the very institutions you thought were your sanctuaries no longer need you.

No, my mum didn't let me do it.

Nah. I'm not a nigger. I'm a dark peruvian mix of races.
>As for the second bit I probably don't understand what you're trying to say then. But here's my rebuttal to what i think you're trying to say. Blacks shouldnt be proud of their race.
Being proud or not is not proven to be efficient or a requisite to be a happy individual. Actually most losers tend to be like that meme (my ancestor). The dream world where they fight for their freedoms and they look all mighty replaces the actual worry they should have in their little heads, so they tend to be comformist and close-minded.

>They should be disgraced. Blacks as a whole should hate their forefathers and their ancestors for what they allowed to happen to the black race.
If that helps to fix the problem, ok.

>Any public black figure shouldn't be admired simply because they arent doing enough to keep little nigglets off the streets, in the schools, off the drugs and out of crime.
If that helps them, ok

Most shitty educated families tend to stay the same. Only the self-hating and strong-willed individuals tend to scape that hellhole.

A great example are the poor white families. They got incredibly self-destructive habits, and they are pretty comformist in general.

Actually if the nigger is dumb. Then let him leave this website. If he is smart, you will only inflate his ego calling him "nigger" or dumb.

Yeah, I realise "trolled" is far from the best way to put it, it's just that I don't know how else to say it.

Also, this joke thread has at least a tangential relation to science and maths. Meanwhile, there's a thread about Putin or some shit. I'd say that if it has meme potential and it's science related, it belongs.

You're expecting a minimum out of Veeky Forums, and that's already expecting too much.

The thread is about math, yes.
But the racebait comments are not math/science. That's my point.

KFC? Nigerians don't eat that greasy disgusting fatty American food.

>Actually if the nigger is dumb. Then let him leave this website. If he is smart, you will only inflate his ego calling him "nigger" or dumb.

This is perhaps the dumbest thing I've read.

You have to go back

Nah. You just can't understand how things work over here. Get out, retard.