Euclid is outdated

>Euclid is outdated

>yoo-clid

>I will read a 500 year old book with no rigor, no content and grave errors just to feel smart

His methods of proving propositions are very impractical, especially beyond book 5 of his elements

>Elements
>500 years old

>the very way he proved proposition 1 of book X essentially became a heuristic for Archimedes to prove almost everything he wrote about

>implying Book I and II aren't perfection incarnate

would be a big deal if archimedes actually proved anything

Archimedes uses XII.II of Euclid to prove Prop.1 of Measurement of a Circle which helps prove a rough estimate of π

yeah how fucking impressive, WOW
why don't you stop fucking around and read some actual math? anything 500+ years ago is trash

π is what helps you determine the area or circumference of a circle you dingus. Knowing how it was derived is very practical.

You are a dingus

what the fuck are you talking about? we have much better modern methods for getting pi quickly, you fucking brainlet

But you only can verify Pi through other systems, which existed before the system you're using to find Pi, therefore, many of the modern geometrical systems, even ones not based on Euclid, are still influenced by Euclidean geometry, if just for the fact that the unit based approach to number relations and geometrical understanding were developed by Euclid.

Your concept of being able to prove absolute inverses through circular logic was developed by him as well.

no, you faggot, methods for getting pi aren't just improvements over older methods. there are a shitload of different kinds of methods, and NONE of them has as proof "oh just compare to this archaic shitty method and see it works lmao"

>e-even if I'm wrong, Euclid did math first so all math is thanks to him
fuck off

It's only relevant as a book if you either love old geometry or you are doing some research in it. Though you cannot say you love math if you say you hate synthetic geometry

Thanks for basically 'wahhhhhh, you're wrong' the post.
>not posting arguments or supporting his claims
Also, Euclid was common core until very recently.

oi clit?

>>e-even if I'm wrong, Euclid did math first so all math is thanks to him
In some way, to some degree, this does apply to geometry.

Who is Alfred Tarski: The Thread

Confirmed for nonmathematician. Or even if this isn't the case, confirmed for poor mathematician, and regrettably at that.

Most PhDs are aware that despite being elementary (forgive the pun), the Elements are legit mathematics.

>he fell for the "medieval actually happened" (((meme)))

Buepilled redditor detected

>>he fell for the "medieval actually happened" (((meme)))
this

if you haven't read the statistical analysis of history ' New Chronology ' by well known topologist Anatoly Fomenko, you dont know shit about our timeline

This, why would I read a book about things the first semesters learn in 2 weeks in Intro to Geometry?