Honest thoughts, Veeky Forums?

Honest thoughts, Veeky Forums?

Only book I couldn't finish.

It is layered, at times self-contradictory, an incredibly complex work. But is it worth dredging meaning out of its myriad of perspectives and platitudes? I don't think so. Good for a couple laughs though, and short enough to read without eating up your schedule, if you don't linger on all the nonsense.

what is it about?

Everything she wrote is a masterpiece.

A lighthouse named to. He's very lonely but in the end learns to view the boats as his friends, even though he's never gonna meet them.

The second part is beautiful. Her description of the passage of time and the slow decay of the abandoned house is some of the greatest stuff I've read.

Everything else is boring.

masterpiece.

I'm almost certain this isn't entirely serious

Unironically a masterpiece. And I hate women, so that's quite something

+1

10/10

>It's boring
>not worth it
>good for a few laughs

Lol what. Get the fuck off of this board. This book is one of the greatest masterpieces in the English language. Veeky Forums hates on women writers in general, yet Woolf is one of the favorite writers here. That tells you something.

so good i stole it from the school

explain how

where do i start with v-woolfe? what are her top 5 books?

dalloway->lighthouse->waves/orlando
or essays whenever you want to but just read the book you want to read instead

cheers la

You could check out her short stories as well. They're all very good; and short, yet have a ton of depth. A few of them made me shed some tears.

You probably wont see this user, but what're your thoughts on Cynthia Ozick? Im reading through Trust right now and jesus is it under-appreciated

sounds interesting. any specific anthology recommendation(s)?

A haunted house, just google it and you'll find a pdf for it. String Quartet is my personal favorite from that one.

I've not read enough of her stuff to form an opinion, unfortunately. But yes, she's very underappreciated: I never see her mentioned here.

Word

But you forgot to tell him about the asteroid

>hate women

Faggot.

I'm on the last 50 pages and it's easily one of the greatest things I've read.
The first part was great, but the second part absolutely catapults beyond it. I've barely started the third, but it seems to combine the psychological insight of the first part with the existential/environmental themes of the second part. God-tier prose.

but I think I liked Dalloway better. I'll have to reread both.

Wow that's so funny I think every time you say it gets funnier these jokes are superb

Easily one of the greatest novels in the English language. On top of that I'd say Woolf is England's greatest writer of the modern era.

waves > lighthouse > dalloway

>implying Woolf didn't hate women

Why is The Waves lumped with Orlando? Are they similar works?

>Implying that Woolf hated woman
She didn't. She hated the fact that she was a woman, due to the fact that it did not allow her to get an equal education to that of a man, which she believed was well deserved. She even had a recurring feminist theme throughout a few of her books.

Trumped up nonsense. A rather loose type of writing. A formidable mediocrity.

One would have liked to watch film of her weep while playing croquette

Woolf wrote feminist non-fiction.

How did she do it bros? Was she secretly a tranny?