Would Christianity be a better religion if the Old Testament wasn't canonized?

Would Christianity be a better religion if the Old Testament wasn't canonized?

Yes. That way people would look to Paul to tell gays to fuck off instead of pulling this Leviticus shit

no
christ fulfilled the law of the old testament, brought about the new covenant, plus stories like joseph point directly to christ. Jesus's name was actually "Yahshua" which comes from the tetragrammatron YHWH, his name means God with us, and not just any old God, the hebrew God, YHWH

she is so cute omg

Christianity received its legitimacy as the culmination of a multi-millennium old prophecy, which was super important in its original proselytizing.

yes

jesus > desert jew ramblings

i know right

I cannot see the appeal of images like this unless she is being totally savaged and ravaged.

china doesn't get ravaged, she ravages other girls

this desu
but there are other stories as types of christ, like Moses (freeing his people, leading them unto the promised land)
also, christ quotes the psalms and Isaiah an insane amount

Without the air of legitimacy that posing as a "fulfillment" of the old testament gave it, Christianity would just be another resurrection cult like Mithraism or the cults of Dionysus, Attis, Baal, etc.

Couldn't Early Christians have done that and also argued that old religious texts were overwritten by the direct word of God on Earth? Or at least done it a couple hundred years later when the texts that formed the bible were selected?

It would probably be a more consistent and agreeable religion (especially in the present age), but a lot of great parts of the old testament would be lost, and Christendom would be, from a cultural standpoint, more dull.

Has weebshit fried your brain?

That was the exact opposite of what they did. Mark spends his whole Gospel showing that Jesus was the man of prophecy, and Jesus himself quotes Isaiah in reference to himself. The basis of his legitimacy lies in the old testament

absolutely.

Matthew 5:17 man. It was part of the whole shebang.

Couldn't they have said that the Old Testament was merely a prophecy of Christ? And after God on Earth had spoken, its teachings were diluted and irrelevant?

Oh dangit. I guess they could have taken that bit out, but it would be pretty blasphemous.

> Would any religion be better if it didn't exist?

I can't tell if posts like these are bait.

The Old Testent is so much more fun though

Honestly Christianity is boring. I don't get why so many people give a fuck about it. I'd rather study Greek religion or anything really.

Nigga does this look boring to you?

You deserve to die. I seriously hate how delusional you fucking christians are. I seriously can't believe you don't believe that people would actually think the world would be a better place without religion. you're just that stupid.

Yes.

I know that calling people fedoras is out of fashion, but holy shit.

No, holy shit you're stupid. I'm done, no more stupid useless arguments. You'll never realize how stupid you are, so I'm just gonna shine the light of truth on your, and you're just gonna be blinded. GOD DOESN'T EXIST. Oh woops, looks like you couldn't handle it, the light was too bright for you, aw too bad. Looks like you're just gonna go back to being a dumb cow polluting the atmosphere with your inordinate farts.

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8