Socrates

>Socrates
Not even a philosopher, just an annoying village idiot and a pedo who enjoyed bothering working people with meaningless questions
>Plato
99% of things he suggested were proven wrong by science and history. 1% thats left is something that modern age imprints into children as common sense (knowledge is gud hurrr)
>Aristotle
Autistic clown obsessed with categorizing everything. Nigga tried to categorize human relationships lel. His only achievement is calling Plato on his form bullshit.

Greek philosophy and it's crowned trio of faggots are literally irrelevant to a modern intellectual

Socrates was the ultimate bantmaster you fag

sick, you just decimated those 3 jabronis

now you can read real phil like.... ?

>modern intellectual

what's that?

You got that pic without the shutterstock, familia?

Stole it from google like a mischievous scoundrel I am

I can't believe it's taken us this long to see through this greek bullshit

good post user

That's why Diogenes tops all these fake philosophers.

Did he pluck even ONE chicken?

Fuck off Callicles

You're right although greek philosophers aren't important due to their theories but their way of critical thinking. They created basic need of mind struggle and its criterias. Sokrates was the first man (in written history) who died for dignity of mind. Plato was first who tried to create an academy. Aristotle was first who tried to create a basic rules of logic.

What should be relevant to a "modern intellettual"? History is made of the same two or three questions reiterated throughs the centuries.
Every subsequent philosophy is just a rehash or enhancement of what they said and explored before everyone else, along with the other greeks, creating the methods we still use every day, the means by which we analyse reality. The means that permit you to show your retardness in full anonimity on an anime image board.

science you fucking pseud useless faggot

This

If you can't understand or appreciate this you are the fucking emperor of pseuds

>Socrates
>pedo
Explain

P e d a s t r y

None of this is wrong

>shuttershock
This op is bretty good m8

friendly reminder that the greeks literally invented thinking

I hope nobody actually believes this. Ever heard of the word "influence?" DID YOU NOT LEARN IT IN FIRST GRADE? AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHG
JJJHxyd/rHHG X

Don't forget.

>Empircism
>Positivism

Not even once.

Why not?

Their ideas on metaphysics are still important.

You DO take metaphysics seriously, don't you, OP? You're not a faggot, right?

A lot of shit the early philosophers suggested were objectively wrong. The presocratics guessed at a lot of things, scientific and otherwise. It's not about them being wrong or right, its about how these ideas developed, and understanding their rationale

I have no idea how any of these guys did astrology back then. Baffles my mind.

Socrates was innocent, you fag.

because he likes being a contrarian

>he things there is a 'right' and 'wrong'
kek top

Not actually.
He is innocent by our standards, but not from the one in Ancient Greece. He was actually doing all that kind of illegal stuff, and that's just why we remember him.
It's not about sounding edgy, but that's some point (if not all) in philosophy: to transgress historical standards so hegelian lecture, I know.

Science is a product of philosophical inquiry you retard. You really are retarded if you don't know that

do you not know what 'trolling' is you newman

What I meant by objectively wrong was that things like their astrological measurements were incorrect.

SOCRATES WAS A NIGGER AND SINGLE HANDEDLY DESTROYED GREEK CULTURE AND BROUGHT IT TO CIVILIZATION

dude their perceived measurements were correct
NICE TRIPS
FUCKING SOPHIST

TRULY THE GREATEST SCOURGE TO EVER BEFALL HUMANITY

YOU ARE WRONG THOUGH

THINKING WAS LITERALLY INVENTED BY SATAN IN FACT, WHETHER IN THE GUISE OF THE SNAKE OR THE WHORE SHAMHAT

BEFORE THAT WE HUMANS DIRECTLY OBEYED GOD AND WERE TRULY FREE

This. The Egyptians, the Babylonians/Assyrians/Sumerians, the Hebrews, none of them had anything like the sort of abstract self-conscious thought our society is built on.

inb4 muh Hindus, muh Chinese, muh Japanese. They ultimately got it from the Greeks. Hindu astronomy, math, grammar, philosophy, all came from Greece.

>A lot of shit the early philosophers suggested were objectively wrong

The funny thing is who was wrong why. The Epicureans tried to get knowledge of the world through their senses and they thought the sun wasn't much larger than a beach-ball. The Platonists knew the sun was massive because they thought the earth was like a point in the middle of a circle with no magnitude compared with the rest of the universe, and this was for mystical numerological reasons.

>ancient Chinese thought came from Greece
Wut