Why don't you exclusively buy popular penguins, Veeky Forums?

Why don't you exclusively buy popular penguins, Veeky Forums?

You're not a pseud who needs their book to have a fancy cover, are you?

I want to be able to tell my books apart goofball.

>Why don't you exclusively buy popular penguins, Veeky Forums?

Because I'm not a virgin.

> I'm not a virgin

right, you're a kissless virgin

I do whenever I can. Not american though, so I don't find them very often in the second-hand book stores I go to. When I find them though, I always go for them.

Recently bought these two, Crime and Punishment printed in 97 and Dubliners 76, both very cheap

I write and leave notes in my books, and these don't really hold up to that sort of abuse.

i just don't like orange and would rather have paintings and art on books

pseud

Those look to be quite small though. Are they not mass market pbs? I'm in US and I've never seen those editions before.

pic related is quite rare here but it's trade pb and I always get one if I ever see it in a used bookstore.

Your dad kisses me, faggot.

Sorry, don't know what you mean by 'pbs'. Anyway, that Dubliners seems to be from Great Britain and Crime and Punishment from England. (I'm from Brazil, just fyi, quite a travel from where they were printed)

Cause I almost exclusively buy from used bookstores and I get what looks good. Besides who wants all their books to look the fucking same?
Books, like people, look best out of uniform.

Also penguin tends to have pretty shit translations.

Standardized covers are actually quite nice. I like them.

They don't hold a candle to covers with artwork pertaining to the story, but they have their own je ne sais quoi.

Just my opinion, boys. Pls don't hurt me.

I'm guessing he means paperbacks.

your dad kisses my cock asshole

I kiss your dad's asshole, cock

Because I like covers and cover art.

Because they're cheap as fuck, they're okay for your initial reading because they're small, nondescript and cheap, but I almost always end up selling them and buying a hardcover if I like the book and intend to do a second reading or want to keep it for reference.

I buy whatever version i see first, unless it's an inferior edition/translation or unless it's expensive

>cock asshole
It's dickbutt you fucking newfag.

I would never hurt a cutie like you.
At least not where its visible.

I usually buy books used online.
Most of the time I don't even know what is on the covers.

i want you to hurt me user

I only read ebooks

am I patrician

If you see a penguin book one more time...?

Don't get it.

Because I buy used books and can't choose the publisher I buy from, not that I care about meme penguin covers. Penguin also doesn't publish 9/10ths of books.

>You're not a pseud who needs their book to have a fancy cover, are you?

the fanciest, yes. fancy covers for a fancy boy.

fawk

honestly, I just get most of my classics from gutenberg, but if I see a fancy cover and can afford it I will buy it
>that glorious feel when flipping through my gustave dore bible

I buy whatever is cheapest on amazon

>Books, like people, look best out of uniform.
How can one person be so wrong.

you don't even read

penguin deluxe editions are very nice.

Because I exclusively buy Reclam, you filthy anglo.

>buying books

Fuck off, porky

But most penguin translations suck.

The vintage editon of gravity's rainbow looks amazing compared to the other ones
Not sure if its true about the penguin edition missing some text

Because Penguin--like all publishers--doesn't publish everything I want to buy and read.

No, but you seem to be a pseud who needs to have material books. Pretty much everything from Penguin is on the net and available after less than one minute of searching if you know the right places. You can have a library of 10000-100000 books on a micro-sd. And best of all, nobody needs to know that you are reading books, which these days is considered a shameful asspie hobby.