Goodreads thread game!

Goodreads thread game!

ITT we post our favourite people on Goodreads and say why.

goodreads.com/user/show/4100763-hadrian

I love following Hadrian's reviews. He always writes insightful and well-written reviews that not only recommend for or against the book but usually remark on ideas the text proposes. I feel like I get a good context for the book when he has reviewed it.

What about you, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/user/show/5022264-ian-vinogradus
goodreads.com/user/show/531153-jonathan
goodreads.com/user/show/1651956-riku-sayuj
goodreads.com/user/show/4119460-aubrey
goodreads.com/user/show/53165-warwick
goodreads.com/author/show/1834894.Manny_Rayner
goodreads.com/user/show/51635060-niko
goodreads.com/user/show/57922091-william
librarything.com/profile/FabianM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>self-promotion on papier-mâché image board

I like pinkyivan because I am not pinkyivan and also I think pinkyivan is the best

I hate everyone except a few people and only use goodreads for personal record keeping and to get encouraged through competitiveness.

#nolivesmatter

goodreads.com/user/show/5022264-ian-vinogradus
goodreads.com/user/show/531153-jonathan
goodreads.com/user/show/1651956-riku-sayuj
goodreads.com/user/show/4119460-aubrey
goodreads.com/user/show/53165-warwick
goodreads.com/author/show/1834894.Manny_Rayner

Do people just add books they haven't read to appear well-read?

No, they don't.

Underrated

Do you add quotes to your favorites list as soon as you read them, or do you wait until finishing the book?

I have better things to do than follow randos on goodreads.This is like having favorite reviewers on Mal. True connoisseur reads his own books, makes his own views and then upvotes whomever supports his views the closest(or writes his own review if there are non)

As soon as I read them because I have a shitty memory. And also, I get excited when I read something I like

this
what the fuck

>Books in common: 22
He market most of them as "to read" why do people do this? Do you like extra work? most ratings matched mine +- 1 . he gave Mein Kampf 1 star like all the other tryhards.
vinogradus Books in common: 14 (at least he read 13 out of those 14)
gave Mein Kampf 1 star review is
>by a notorious testicularly-challenged German anti-Semite and tax-avoider* is maladroitly contrived, V2-gimmicky, smug and belligerentristic masturbation
yet this faggot gave The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho 3 stars.
>jonathan Books in common: 12
have harry potter 1 star because he is a big boy
>riku Books in common: 33
not bad. for a list of reviewers, these guys have very few reviews.
>aubrey Books in common: 27
gave 4 stars to Dexter Is Delicious
>Warwick
not bad
>Manny_Rayner
>Big Black Fantasies
supports Muslims did not like "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde " and in review just dumped his politics(+ gave The Jungle Book and Infinite Jest 5 stars) I could go on but what is the point.

I don't add quotes. strong moments stay with me even if they are from shit books and going over the quotes takes away some of their punch

Harry potter is a terrible book. Probably enjoyable for 8-12 years old

You mark them as 'to read' so as to not forget them. Do you really remember everything you wish to read one day? I don't

I usually pick my books from what I know I can get my hands on. I once added a book but then a year passed and I was no closer to tracking it down then before.
True but most of its fans read it when they were 12 and only spiteful people rate it 1 star because it did not please their 40 year old ass. hell even when I read kids books I usually look at it from the "would I read this to my kid" point of view than the "do I like this" point of view

goodreads.com/user/show/51635060-niko

>Probably enjoyable for 8-12 year olds
It's a good thing it's aimed for that group then

slimey croat

People spam me for some reason, what's the deal with it?

you are from an exotic country and a catholic memester

I guess you have a point

I want to put up a new photo on Goodreads but it's kinda shitty quality.. Don't like the colour balance. Any Photoshoppers out here? Tips how to make it better?

Pic related

Thought I'd ask here cause I already know all of you and the pic's going to be on GR anyway. /wsr/ sucks

goodreads.com/user/show/57922091-william

I don't believe you

J G Keely

Download GIMP, go through the the tutorials. You'll develop actual talent instead of relying on men unlike the rest of your kind. It takes time but trust me when I say long-term rewards are better than short-term 100% of the time; I'm a man.

UI is trash

I spend $5 a year for a membership at LibraryThing so I don't have to look at shitty reviews

Here is an auto adjust

pinterest is good for keeping track

>post our favourite people

See, this is what happens when Sebastian doesn't start the thread.

I like Pinkyivan too. Who can resist his lurid pinkness?

Women irl

>5
I use goodreads and dont see shitty reviews. You have to scroll like 4 times.

I've tried auto contrast/balance etc. but it looks too colourful and purple. The clothes are supposed to be black :/

>tfw you are no one favorite

Are you bbrown?

whats your account mate?

i signed up some years ago, did not see the appeal and deleted my library.

started using it to track recommendations/lent books/etc. and love it now, much more useful than pen and paper

librarything.com/profile/FabianM

Nope.

Hack Soul is that you?

like that?