Success

What is the objective definition of success in life, the universe, and everything?

(e.g: Money?, Genetics?, Long Penis? ...etc)

You Veeky Forumsence to backup your answer.

The definition of success in life is reproduction, the further perpetuation and evolution for life itself.

le forty-two ecks-:^P

Success is not one single answer and is not the same for everyone.

Success for one person might be having children while another would see success as becoming rich.

Success is staying alive.

But if you had your hands tied and had to force yourself to think of a good objective reason or else someone would cut your balls off, what would you say?

Saving everyone.

imortallity

Happiness. When you're happy in regards to all things in life, you're succeeding.

What about those who sacrifice freedom for the success of their children?

There is not such a thing as an "objective definition of success in life".

having a 160+ IQ

shitpost after shitpost after shitpost

Then I'd say that success is not having your balls cut off.

Butthurt mod perhaps? Maybe you are new?

For me, success is measured by how much of humanity you've sampled. Art, literature, music, culture, science, mathematics, architecture, philosophy, biology, sports, etc. Some of this takes effort to understand well enough to appreciate and it is precisely this effort that makes it a worthwhile. Empathy: we're born without it and we can always develop more.

Happiness

t.Aristotle

But at the end of the day we are just temporary vessels for our genes and we will all be forgotten at point in the future as there will be many contributors rendering you irrelevant. We will become noise that will drowned out by the more relevant signals of the future. We are just information that will decay as entropy consumes this universe.

Seriously, how do you rationally cope with this fact?

no you faggot, it's the meaning of life

Money is everything

>Ol4p

Happiness in the sense of that being a goal sure. My parents for example are like that, granted I'm doing pretty alright on that front despite being an asipe, but my brother's wasting all their sacrifice and it's killing them inside.

So right now they're not happy but they are succeeding at their goal via me, so they'll be happy once they see my get my roots into the ground I guess.

this, literally. if one is happy, they dont need anything else. they have succeeded at life. a hobo with just enough food to live can be happy, happier than any rich man maybe, he succeeded at life more than any of those men. i know it sounds cliche but if u dont agree, just think about it. every other goal, like money or kids just makes you relieved or happy. in the end its just happiness. killing yourself could make you feel happy. doesnt mean u failed.

Then you're unhappy with something.

By growing the fuck up. Your shitpost wasn't even a good attempt at pessimism, let alone "fact".

>wasting all their sacrifice
Your family isn't handling child rearing correctly then. Kids aren't some raw investment that'll show return once they mature. Their sacrifices were made, period. Its like bitching about spending money after you spent it already. Lamenting over what you think could've been does nothing but piss you off and in turn, pisses everyone around you off as well.

Spoiler: most people idealize what "couldve been" after having kids. realistically, they were never going to do all that shit anyways. I'm sitting here in my late 20s, no kids, and I play vidya and shitpost on Veeky Forums. All the free time in the world, all that fancy pants freedom parents whine about, and I sit in my PJs watching netflix. If I had a kid in the room with me, I could still do all that shit. I'd just be mildly annoyed the entire time. Literally nothing else changes.

There is no "objective definition of success in life." The question needs clarification. Humans exist both as part of large organism and as in individual. Success for the individual may mean death so the larger human organism may to exist. The purpose of "life" is continued existence. We are not separate from each other, we are all part of the same big organism-humanity--and we also have our own identity that separates each of us from each other. My success in life is the a desire to protect and enhance the lives of my fellow humans, which I value more than money. Unfortunately, reaching people is difficult, because so many other humans have created cynicism and mistrust. Often, when someone explains how they define success, they are masking their true desires in order to manipulate others. A CEO of a charity who accepts large salary is demonstrating by deed how little they value the work of the charity they lead, and will speak to the contrary--and people actually buy it. I put in writing a contract with donors capping my salary without much success. Charisma works better than logic and reason.

Point is, individuals are emotionally motivated, each uniquely so, and are to a degree subject to manipulation by others, and are also effected by day-to-day interactions free from conniving. The only "objective" definition possible is the one many other readers have already given--continuing the species. Individual success could be anything and is nonstatic.

It's whatever you decide.

it's definitely long penis

for me it is :(

I'd align with what the other guy said. But if you wanna hear an objective viewpoint, I'd have to agree with the other posters who mentioned happiness. Happiness itself is of subjective nature, yet objectively answers your question.

Why happiness? Happiness is not temporary satisfcation, that is pleasure. Happiness is a prolonged state positive being. Their are two kinds of human experiences: pleasure and suffering. How suffering affects the individual determine happiness. If you can look past the momentary suffering, then you can lead an objectively happy life.

Sorry I'm breaking off of Veeky Forumsence.

>tl;dr happiness

Actually it's thick benis

But isnt happiness just the outcome of success ?

>Good looking face
>likable outgoing personality to get loads of connections
>intelligence

In that order of importance

IMP

LYING

yes, in a way. what someone strives for, let's say to be rich, or to know all math, or to raise a family, it's all to please themselves. they want that because they think it'll make them happy. if you have all that and realise thats not what you wanted, you wouldn't be happy. you wouldn't have succeeded. happiness literally = success

so if you could be happy without having those things, those things that people so desperately fight for and cry over, you're the luckiest man alive.

In this dimension:
Health and wellness.

In every dimension:
Self consciousness.

>I'm an adult now and I want to confirm to myself that I am not a kid anymore by associating deep thoughts with childhood.

>My success in life is the a desire to protect and enhance the lives of my fellow humans, which I value more than money

In other words, success to him is being a cuck.

u sure rekt him buddo!

Your argument seems valid at first but consider this:

Person A:
A mentally deficient herpes infected hobo who has get raped but enjoys it because he is a pain-loving masochist is more successful than....

Person B:
A healthy, good-looking, MIT graduate who makes, millions and is world famous for his contributions to humanity, yet feel neutral about his life?

By your argument we all might as well inject ourselves with endorphins or lobotomize all people so everyone can be successful at the end of the day happiness is just a chemical reaction.

pretty much. youre looking at this subjectively. if we lobotomise everyone, what is there to suffer for? everyone is happy. of course people will die, but if theyre happy then its fine

success in procreation

I agree with you that I am looking at it from only one perspective. Nevertheless, I'm still a bit unsteady about going this route.

It seems like the type of reasoning that is used by suicidal cults don't you think?

maybe it is, but what's wrong with that? its subjective to think that reasoning done by suicidal cults are barbaric and bad and wrong.
still, happiness is success in the end.