Do you read every day Veeky Forums?

Do you read every day Veeky Forums?

I'm too low-energy.

I feel like shit when I don't

i never read
i just bash people's taste on Veeky Forums

No, I usually take 2-3 days off. But lately that's been turning to 4-5 :(

I try to, but somedays are just lazy days

What kind of reddit lowlife reads not because he enjoys it but because he thinks he "should"?

This isn't weight-lifting.

Play some computer games or something. You will not become a reader by forcing yourself to read. Embrace the plebs.

>READ ERRY DAY I WAS ON TED SHOW

I've read almost 200 books in the span of 4 years

I would consider myself a "reader"

most days
if i have too much reading for class or am otherwise occupied i sometimes dont.

the books shouldn't consist of pictures, though?

The illustrated version of Moby-Dick is the best, lad.

Not every day because i have multiple interests and some days are recording days and some are movie days and some are just working and then slamming the wife

I'm trying to, but very rarely can I just 'read' a book.

I have a huge tendency to actually study it as I go: annotation, note-taking, etc.

I'm lucky if I get through 50 pages a day.

You're doing the better, more meaningful thing, user

Possibly, but it makes my book count pretty low as a result.

Take Teddy Roosevelt, for example: allegedly read 10,000+ books. If he actually read them in depth then I'd be really self-conscious.

Sounds comfy af. How do I get a wife to slam?

If you literally count the number of books you read you're doing something wrong.

I mean this is just pathetic.

How many pages did you read? How many words did you read?

I kinda that number because 1. the man was known as a shameless self-mythologist and 2. that's a number that would only be possible if he finished a book every 2 hours for every moment of his waking life

nah, can't be bothered, too much on the computer.

and I don't wanna end up like this fag

Be attractive, in a field that makes money and extremely focused with a good work ethic.

Or the easier route: renounce nihilism and it'll come from regular socializing.

Goodreads -> My Books -> Stats

Never respond to me again.

Be unabashedly you. No false personas, no pretending to fit what you think they want.

If you geek over books or whatever, do that. OWN you. Authenticity is attractive when you're a genuinely good person. I don't think i'm perfect or even good, but I am sincere in my convictions and that's how a first year college student met his wife as he rambled and got excited by talking about Trout Mask Replica and Ulysses and the implications of existential thought, etc

If you're a bad person filled with contempt for people over baseless things like any /pol/lord who thinks he has good reason to hate black people, you probably just need to look into the mental mirror to figure out why you're not going to find another decent human being

Usually yeah. I didn't read yesterday because I was extremely hungover and felt bad and today I only read a little because I was busy.

>bee urself

>and I don't wanna end up like this fag

You will never be as intellectually-driven as that user, don't worry.

That's funny, my whole life revolves around playing it safe and being fake to please my boss, my parents, my landlord and anybody else who can potentially make me homeless.

It's alright, I don't really want a wife; I can't even maintain friendships let alone a relationship. Your routine just sounded so fucking comfy.

>Trout Mask Replica and Ulysses
Why do all undergrad kids pretend to be old grandpas?

Yup, I read Veeky Forums every day

I read Veeky Forums every day.

/r/ing that Schopenhauer image on reading good literature

That's a big assumption there buddy. I do enjoy it, and days I don't read are objectively worse. But some days I just can't focus/get anything done

Same as this guy desu

>deciding your actions based on whether they are "enjoyable"