Why did he like Paris so much?

why did he like Paris so much?

Why wouldn't he?

currency exchange rate dollar to franc made living the good life possible
community of expats with connections back to US publications provided the dollars

hairy armpit women and the musky scent of their succulent armpits

Why did she like Paris so much?

This. Paris is pretty great city now (inb4 /pol/), but it is far too expensive to have the literary scene that it did in the past.

I don't think that's the main reason though. Most of the great authors who lived in Paris at some point in the XXth century were wealthy.

Fitzgerald was middle class. He went to Princeton as a scholarship boy, and he worked as a journalist afterward.

Paris is just the most lit city on earth. A lot of writers go there to improve his craft.

She was forced to, arranged marriage by a goddess.

depending on which mythology you read.

>Paris is pretty great city now (inb4 /pol/)

Not even /pol/, but Paris now is an incredibly filthy city with parts that are nigh indistinguishable from regions in the Middle East and Africa.

Terrible shame what France and Germany are doing to themselves desu.

Well Sappho has her going willingly and leaving her husband but as the goddess made the bargain of her, presumably without her knowledge, then it sounds more like mind control.

>Paris now is an incredibly filthy city with parts that are nigh indistinguishable from regions in the Middle East and Africa.
There have always been shitty places in Paris. It's still an amazing place to live.

>It's still an amazing place to live.
If your a Saudi.

>tfw can't go to the Eiffel or any of my favorite spots without seeing Africans everywhere selling shit

Reeeeeeeee, don't even feel safe!

Well, I just started renting in Montmartre and it's pretty dope, and bobo as fuck. I admit that when I get off the line 4 it feels like North Africa, but I still go there every week to get my organic vegetables; Barbes is getting gentrified really fast.

>tfw you're a leftist writer spearheading gentrification
No picture needed, it's a pretty good feel

>Not even /pol/
You're totally /pol/
People aren't all white, it's not 18th century anymore, deal with it

>People aren't all white, it's not 18th century anymore, deal with it
I wanna go back

>People aren't all white, it's not 18th century anymore

More's the fucking pity, you defeatist and/or traitor.

>People aren't all white
That's what Algiers is for

Wow, /pol/ IS spilling out these days.
>not enjoying delicious race mixing
How can you not want the current lit-life?

lmao
is that the face that launched a thousand ships?

sweet helen, make me immortal with a kek because you're so ugly

lol yes user, bohemian Paris in the 19th century was as clean as you'd like, not like it is now!!!!

Fuck off

>I admit that when I get off the line 4 it feels like North Africa
christ that's depressing

Well, my father also emigrated from Morroco fifty years ago, so I can't really say anything more about that. Anyway, my point was that poor people's neighboorhood often feels the same, and that they will be gone soon.

>I've never gone to Paris and take other racists word as truth. The worst part about paris this summer was just some africans hanging out on the ground.
The actual thing wrong with Paris is that people whove romanticized it so much through out the 20th century have given Parisians huge egos that make them smug

Lmao dont go in the summer you stupid american
thats like going to vegas in the summer and getting made that millions of other tourists had the same idea

I've actually been to Paris several times. I live in the UK, it's fucking easy and cheap.

If you're not surrounded by blacks, then it's Muzzies. The hordes of Japanese photo-taking tourists are one of the few reliefs. Courteous as fuck.

I hear London is nearly as bad, though.

London is worse.

That doesn't mean Paris is any less terrible though.

Both cities should be nuked. Stains upon their nations desu

Which proves you dont live in the city, bet you live in some bumfuck town where everyone looks alike because of all the incest.
People I've met that grew up in the cities dont give a flying fuck about all the arabs. its only whiney faggots who go to uni who've never seen a black person that bitch about them.

>People I've met that grew up in the cities dont give a flying fuck about all the arabs

Of course. If you hang around shit and squalor for long enough, you'll grow accustomed to the sight and smell. Acclimatisation.

With that in mind, you have to take us outsiders at our word when we talk about shitholes like Paris/London.