Damn, its cold outside, freezing my shiny ass off

Damn, its cold outside, freezing my shiny ass off.
Time for bulletsoup.
Bullet Soup
1/4 lb lean ground beef
1/4 lb lean ground pork
2 tbsp grated onion
1-2 clove garlic, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
Dried rosemary and parsley
Flour for dredging
1 diced onion
2 cups diced potatoes
1 cup chopped carrot
1 diced turnip
1 diced sweet potato
1/4 package whole wheat pasta

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/roasted-garlic-aioli-recipe
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I use over double that amount of garlic cooking a half cup of dry rice...

I was feeling it up until

>sweet potato

i would use more garlic if it was less of a pain to mince

Just drop in whole garlic cloves or even garlic chips. That or get garlic powder. No need to mince.

Get a little grater

People on this board really need to stop thinking garlic or onion powder is ever acceptable.

it's just dehydrated garlic

disgusting, why would you mix pork and beef like that

But it tastes terrible compared to fresh, and it's not like it's hard to have fresh onions or garlic around.

The fuck are you talking about? Are you some sort of Muslim?

I can't use a knife or grater..hurrdurr.
This, mon frere.

It tastes different, not worse? All ingredients can be used in tons of different ways to invoke a different flavor. Dried powders are especially good for getting a crispy skin on roasted meats. Limit your palate if you want i guess but its not culinarily superior...

That's actually how we make bolognese sauce

You keep telling yourself that while you're shaking your months old heavily processed powdered substance that once resembled food on whatever you cook. I have never had an issue using fresh ingredients. You're just limiting your own abilities by taking the easy way out.

>making a tuna salad
>mince up garlic
>most bites have no garlic flavor
>some bites are intense garlic flavor

thanks Veeky Forums!

I grate my garlic, dumbass

ok! :)

>makes tuna salad
>uses mayonnaise and garlic powder
>doesn't use garlic aioli
>claims superior culinary abilities

you're right, I'm going to get started right away:
foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/roasted-garlic-aioli-recipe

Is that who you associate with having good cooking skills? Stick to your garlic powder and mayo. Lazy faggot.

He's on TV, so clearly he is good. Why would they put a bad chef on TV? Gordan Ramsey, Jacques Pepin, Julia Childs, Guy Fieri.

This board is so awful, I can't even be sure if you're just being a jackass on purpose.

Seriously tho, next time you want garlic mayo, roast a clove or two, mash it in a bowl with a fork, and mix it in with your mayo. If you don't have an onion, pickle garlic with hot peppers and it won't taste so strong raw. Use a grater instead of chopping it. Food hasn't improved since people started using powdered seasonings and spices. More convenient, yes, but convenience doesn't mean better.

Oven, not onion...

Thank you for your advice. It honestly never occurred to me to use garlic aoili and I went to look up a recipe but the first result was the guy fieri one so I had to shitpost with it. But yeah thanks I'll probably be doing that from now on, and I make tuna pasta a lot.

I'm trying to make chicken stock for the first time today.
I fucked it up.
I think I put too much water in and I didn't realise I had to take the lid off. It smells great but it tastes like just water.
I'm hoping that continued simmering with the lid off will concentrate the flavour as the water evaporates so it actually tastes like something.

Could be. Add chunks of onions, carrots, celeriac, leeks, whatever you have. Bayleafs, no salt yet,.
Just remove some water if theres too much.

Your hope is dope, yo.
Just let it simmer down.

>Salty because not being paid to put cook basic shit for money
>not payed to copy recipes from mums cook book
>not paid to sit at a bunch of cooking contests and judge food

Fucking kek

I started off with onions.
It's just a basic chicken stock.
>Chicken carcass and bones with meat on.
>Two medium sized onions
>Two Carrots
>Thyme
>Garlic
>Black peppercorns
I might add a bay leaf or two though while it's simmering.

It's starting to simmer. It's actually starting to get the viscous bit on the top that people say you should skim off.
Maybe it can be redeemed.

Why is it called that, you know your soups name is the same name as a good cub furry artist

>Starting to simmer down
Is what I meant/

Because it's knot bad at all.

He doesn't draw knots you fucking faggot why is it called bullet soup REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

From french: boulettes=meat balls

>furfag
>calling someone else a faggot

>dried pasta
>dried bay leaves
>powdered cinnamon
>powdered paprika
>powdered mustard
I hope you never use any of this stuff either

Did you roast your bones first? I always do, gives the stock extra flavour. Also, onion skins will give it a nice golden colour. It's important to keep the heat down. You don't want it so hot that shit moves around in the pot. That's how you end up with cloudy stock.

I only use dry ingredients as a last resort. When I have fresh available, I use it. Quit trying to imply I'm wrong about garlic and onion powder. I'm not. You're just being a faggot for the sake of being a faggot.

Are you an indjun?

>not snorting your food like cocaine

preminced garlic is cheap as fuck

my hungarian grandma cooks just fine with powdered paprika you weenie