Jacob Barnett, Math Prodigy

How the fuck does this "kid" remember math formulas?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Barnett
youtube.com/watch?v=UAAQH2x5tE8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Extreme Autism.

Oh boy here we go again

because he has an IQ over 200 and is smarter than john von neumann

also he writes them on the windows of every building he enters so he doesnt forget, its a form of OCD

What?

Please tell me where you got that information?

He isn't anything, he's literally just your average Asperger who his parents pushed into math and the retarded media ejaculated over because of their scientific and mathematic illiteracy.

I've met him at the Perimeter Institute, he's a very intelligent person with a strong work ethic, + he's a lot more sociable than you'd expect and he's putting in bare work.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Barnett
>In a 2011 Glenn Beck Program segment, Beck asked Barnett to solve a calculus problem, but did not check the results. Barnett was asked to establish convergence of a divergent series to which he incorrectly applied the integral test, and the error went unrecognized in the program.
L M F A O
M
F
A
O
What a total fucking brainlet!

>remember
fucking brainlet you don't memorize formulas you just derive them

He still isn't anything that special, the media overhyped him, like they do with anything they consider 'cool'.

>How the fuck does this "kid" remember math formulas?
What are you talking about?

He's still a prodigy, prodigies are impressive no matter what subject area

>He's still a prodigy
You're a gullible moron.

I don't think you're supposed to memorize math formulas, unless you're a brainlet that is.

Zozzle

>not writing all your favorite formulas on windows like an autistic savant

What constitutes a prodigy then???? Were you a doctoral student at age 18? Psychologists with Phd's call this kid a prodigy, you must be on another level right?

Anyone have a good informational video about this kid?

The first news segment in this vid
youtube.com/watch?v=UAAQH2x5tE8

When he was sent at the age of 15 to study advanced calculus under the renowned analyst Gábor Szegő, Szegő was so astounded with the boy's talent in mathematics that he was brought to tears on their first meeting.

George Pólya, whose lectures at ETH Zürich von Neumann attended as a student, said "Johnny was the only student I was ever afraid of. If in the course of a lecture I stated an unsolved problem, the chances were he'd come to me at the end of the lecture with the complete solution scribbled on a slip of paper."

Jacob is not, and never will be, at that level.

>Can't do math properly.
>A paid meme, giving fun bucks to anyone who supports him (PhDs always need fun bucks).
>Has to MEMORISE formulae.
>Is literally just an above average intellect who parents forced him into mathematics and to have no childhood.
>Lacks innovation and therefore isn't a genius, only has knowledge and application.
Gosh, yeah, such a prodigy.

>Please tell me where you got that information?
he hides a whole library inside his ass

... and who is this Johnny?

John von Neumann, keep up, brainlet.

Math isnt hard brainlet. Do you find it hard to remember words?

>Lacks innovation and therefore isn't a genius, only has knowledge and application

Cool, just because some prodigies are ahead of others doesn't negate the fact that he's a prodigy. If it was so easy, why aren't there thousands of 17 year old's working towards their Phd's? If his parents "forced him" why aren't the millions of helicopter parents forcing their kids?????

>that mesh
holy fuck

>Barnett had not yet published or submitted any research contributions to the subject.[5][13] In Barnett's 2012 TEDxTeen talk, after comparing himself to Albert Einstein, Barnett stated that he had solved a problem and "created an original theory of astrophysics".[14] But as of 2016, Barnett has still not published any ideas about astrophysics,[13] and the YouTube videos in which he allegedly presented these ideas no longer exist.[15][7]

kekekek

there are loads of prodigies out there
he'll only be special when he solves one of the clay millenium problems

No fucking doubt holy shit

>tfw you will never be at the level of von neumann intelligence
>tfw you will never solve the Riemann hypothesis
>tfw you will probably die virgin, alone and with no friends
why live desu

>Barnett had not yet published or submitted any research contributions to the subject.
I think you misread:
>he'll only be special when he solves one of the clay millenium problems
He hasn't published shit, at all, in other words, he is all big talk and no game.

Genius is innovation + knowledge + application.
Without innovation, he is just knowledge + application.
From what I've seen of him, his application isn't that great.
Therefore, we can assume he is only knowledge and just having knowledge without application or innovation is useless.

He really compared himself to Albert Einstein? With zero publications?

Not enough zero publication, he made an error to do with basic calculus on national TV and calls himself 'better' than Einstein.

He is literally Veeky Forums's freshest meme

There's nothing remarkable about that mesh.

Einstein did not have any references so he was a plagiarate and did not publish a shit

Maybe one die things will get better user. Also, dying is really fucking scary, and that's something everybody can relate to, even good ol' Johnny:

"When von Neumann realised he was incurably ill, his logic forced him to realise that he would cease to exist, and hence cease to have thoughts ... It was heartbreaking to watch the frustration of his mind, when all hope was gone, in its struggle with the fate which appeared to him unavoidable but unacceptable."

"... his mind, the amulet on which he had always been able to rely, was becoming less dependable. Then came complete psychological breakdown; panic, screams of uncontrollable terror every night. His friend Edward Teller said, "I think that von Neumann suffered more when his mind would no longer function, than I have ever seen any human being suffer."

Von Neumann's sense of invulnerability, or simply the desire to live, was struggling with unalterable facts. He seemed to have a great fear of death until the last... No achievements and no amount of influence could save him now, as they always had in the past. Johnny von Neumann, who knew how to live so fully, did not know how to die."

This always gets to me.

Damn

>Jacob Barnett
"Literally who for 200 Alex?"

But in all seriousness he's not doing anything with his life, his special "original Astro physics do not steel" will never be published, (and if they did he would be mocked endlessly for the fraud he is. Kid can't even do a simple math problem on that glen beck show)

And besides the new "pop science!" Thing isn't physics anymore, it's AI and 3D printing

Even if he did anything with physics no one would care, people moved on to AI and computer shit

He should just take the money his wealthy mom and dad made and just relax the rest of his life

Waking up every morning and realizing your a failure and a fraud sucks ass. Not even little Jacob needs that shit

Just relax and let the big boys do the real work

Actually feel bad for the kid to be honest, he was average, maybe a little smarter than average, and an interest in science.
His mom made him a laughingstock to the whole world with the "smarter than Einstein!!!" Stuff and now he won't be taken seriously

No normal life and no extraordinary life

Really sad

Did anyone seriously believe this kid would do anything of importance?

He was a meme on morning talk shows.

he did multiple IQ tests and is verified to have an IQ over 175

he's taken ridiculously advanced courses as a child and did the perimeter 1 year degree which 20+ year olds who go on to be (or are) valedictorians at ivy league schools cant even get in to.

this sort of denialism isnt healthy.

rather than perform mental gymnastics to convince yourself that you are just as special as he, or that he isnt special at all, why not just work to better yourself in ways that only you can?

so you'll never be as smart as him or likely as influential or impactful as him, but that doesnt mean you cant still contribute something unique.

i know its hard to go through life knowing that someone is inherently better than you because of something beyond your control, but it might help to realise that there are people who are even smarter and more talented than he is.

unless you are the reincarnation of john von neumann, someone is always smarter, someone is always better. best get used to it now so you can function later as an adult.

IQ is based on age, though. Your IQ probably will not rise as you get older, if anything it will stay the same or fall.

IQ measurements are pointless in general. Who cares about your aptitude? No one, people only care about your accomplishments. Until this kid accomplishes anything, he's nothing. He's smart and understands high level physics. Okay? So what?

This.

The amount of toxicity on this thread towards the fucking kid because hes very good at something just screams insecurity and jealousy.

He hasn't done anything worth noting besides being "really smart".

That does nothing to benefit society. Being smart only benefits yourself. We can talk when he actually does something, instead of just go on talk shows like Glenn Beck (I show clearly for the highly intellectual) and talk about how smart he is.

Going to the global stage opens yourself up to global criticism.

Toxicity, in your sense, is a meme word invented by weak people from exposing insecurities.