Nootropics

Inform me about nootropics, Veeky Forums. I've been obsessed for years about conditioning myself to deal with ADHD without adderall or other chemical solutions to my problem, and to a large degree I've been successful, but lately I've been wondering whether I should just bite the bullet and start taking adderall along with other cognition-enhancing drugs. The temptation of becoming "smarter" (to put it in a simple, reductionist term) through external performance-enhancers is growing stronger day by day, and I'm starting to peruse online suppliers. So tell me about them, and your experiences with them, and perhaps any advice you have on the matter.

Also, sorry for the clickbait-tier image.

Your an idiot for wanting to take drugs.

Downvoted

I've tried various racetams and really liked them. They are not going to make you smarter as much as you hope to though.

Legitimately the only personal account of non-prescription drug usage I have was that of counselling a Dutch internet acquaintance through his experiences with cocaine and how it made him an invincible social predator with no conscience and hyperawareness. Maybe I should actually try and talk with him again, he's probably tried every cognition-enhancer out there

Friend took adderall and got 100% on his bio test

This is right.

I do not want to go against the judgment of your doctor, but adhd is very much over-diagonsed. More than often problems in focus can be dealed with psychotherapy, and vipassana meditation (better known as mindfulness) has had some success lately to treat adhd.

Adderall and similar drugs are great as long as they are complemented with psychotherapy, because you do not want to have a last long relationship with adderall or any other similar drug with nasty long-term effects.

>and perhaps any advice you have on the matter.
Go to a doctor.
Experiences with any drug are very personal and it is not possible to recommend anything to a stranger whose medical conditions are unknown.

He (my doctor) recommended adderall several years ago -- I rejected it at the time, and while I have dealt reasonably successfully with ADHD via self-conditioning, the constant battle for control of my thoughts and focus has worn me out, and I'm starting a new job soon in accounting that has me increasingly worried over the matter. I'm pretty sure it's not a misdiagnosis, either -- my passive fine motor movements are apparently several orders of magnitude above the standard, among certain other symptoms and very unusual indicators.

Maybe I'm looking to take the easy road through it, but it feels perpetually like my greatest weakness, and so if I'm going to take adderall, why not take everything else that might help to clarify my thinking, focus, and memory?

If you mean nootropics in terms of piracetam and other -racetams, there hasn't been THAT much advancement on them, they seem to work on NMDA and AMPA receptors which implies a positive correlation to neuron excitability but it's all pretty vague. My grandma takes prescribed piracetam for her memory, she's 80 and was a math teacher and she still remembers a lot of what she used to teach so I assume that when there is some decline of cognitive function racetams will exhibit neuron protective qualities. It probably doesn't do much to a healthy brain as far as I've read.

Anecdotally, I took piracetam for some time, it had a positive effect at first, maybe it was placebo, but after that it just made me foggy and tired.

On the other hand, I don't have experience personally, but I assume Adderall/Ritalin/Modafinil are good for getting shit done.

Brain needs glucose and nutrient chemicals.

Who is so smart involved in these drugs that you listen them?

Vegetables, roots, pulses, in variety, huge quantity and freshness. Hard to do successfully in even a large family. Positive growing environment required, too.

Otherwise, being smarter is hard word. Read books. Harder to read self-help books than emotionless data, theory, models sold as fact. When you worry about your brain on chems, battery leak and wave radiation, you're intelligent, have something afraid to lose.

>mfw the brainlets in this thread think that meditation and eating vegetables can even compare to amphetamines
lmao holy shit
Adderall a godsend of a drug, I think every STEM student should be prescribed the drug.
Adderall got me through my undergrad degree and it will get me through grad school.
You ever just start reading a chapter and sigh and just kind of chug through it? Yeah that doesn't happen on adderall, on adderall you are a learning machine.
I am so far ahead of my peers because of taking adderall.
While they party, I study
While they go back to their dorm and watch youtube, I study
While they are at lunch on their phone, I study
Adderall allows me to do this and without it I have almost no ethic or desire to study, adderall will literally switch your brain on.
Fuck what all these people think OP, as it is blatantly obvious that they have never touched the drug. The fact that you can probably get the drug through legal means is astounding and denying that opportunity is foolish.

you're pathetic

Have fun with being second rate your entire life

I don't need to take a drug to be first rate.

And you will fall far below that when after taking it for some time, adderall will do nothing for you except bring you to your "normal" self before you started to take them.

NOOTROPICS

>l-theanine

worthless garbage

>caffeine

good for exercise, shit for studying

>Noopept

in huge doses it's good but still 1/100th effectiveness of adderall. still, it's cheap, has a noticable effect, is legal and pretty fun.

never tried a racetam, heard it's comparable to mega dosed noopept.

nothing beats a good rest, diet rich in micronutrients, tons of water (pissing clear and hard every 30min to an hour) and some music. adderall on top of this is learning/doing nirvana

>And you will fall far below that when after taking it for some time, adderall will do nothing for you except bring you to your "normal" self before you started to take them

This.

Caffeine + l theanine + ephedrine

user btfo

user if you wanted to insult the poster you should've called him a meth head. 2/10.

Do you have experience with adderall in this particular respect? Of course I know the body becomes adapted to any substance, but from what I've read the entire point of adderall usage in those with ADHD is to normalise their neurochemistry.

This is encouraging, at least if only because I'd kill for that kind of focus. I know exactly what you mean about chugging through chapters, and forcing myself to "read" it multiple times before I've even actually read it once.

>how to tell someone has literally never done amphetamines
I am laughing at your high school level false notions of drugs user-kun
I cannot even tell you the last time I had to read something twice

>I am laughing at your high school level false notions of drugs user-kun
Good. I am laughing at your ignorance. It is blutantly obvious that you have never read a medical paper on drug addiction and how (absurdly) often nootropics are rising among these.
It doesn't matter that your experience is. It's like having a meth-head tell you how awesome meth feels.

Okay user, so tell me exactly how many months of taking normal dosages of adderall does it take to become an "addict" and exactly how many months does it take for it have this so called "it will be your normal" effect?
This is a science board so provide some science
How many months do you think it takes to do an undergrad degree, user?
Want to take a guess how long I have been taking the drug?
I'll give you a hint, I have been taking it since I started university.
Not that any of these things are relevant because all that needs to be said about adderall is that literal children take it for their entire adolescence.
Kids as young as eight take adderall and often take it into their late teens if not all the way into adulthood.
You are just another Veeky Forums contrarian moron that wants to spout off bullshit he understands nothing about, your post sounds like a grade school teacher telling kids not to smoke pot while half the class is on fucking benzos and SSRIs. Get bent retard, you cannot into logic. You should drop out of your high school and just get a job at walmart because you quite clearly aren't intelligent enough to understand a fucking thing

>Get bent retard, you cannot into logic. You should drop out of your high school and just get a job at walmart because you quite clearly aren't intelligent enough to understand a fucking thing
It is clear that whatever paper I coul cite will make no difference, you already took a position and will not change your mind. It is a shame you have a domatic mind, but there is nothing I can do (or care) about it.

Rage of your kind comes from ignorance, and it is possible to heat virtually the same from every drug addict. It makes you wonder if we should listen to their experiences on their virtues of doing drug - in case your stupidity doesn't allow you to come with an answer, the answer is no.

>literal children take it for their entire adolescence.
Some children have adhd. You're just a meth head.

>methamphetamine is the same as all amphetamines
Honestly your insistence on saying that proves to me that you are an ignorant child with no grasp on the nature of pharmaceuticals or any drugs for that matter.
You got BTFO, face it retard
>y..your kind this and that
>I.. I would post something but youuuu wouldn't get it
lmao what a doofus you are

>mfw people take drugs to study
lol, brainlets