What's the possibility of god existing?

Is a being like god possible or is god purely make believe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N0WjV6MmCyM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Question
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

very high

If you look at our existence, what are the chances that you say that starting from literally nothing, one obtains an object capable of typing on a keyboard and communicating with another object to ask him if god exists?

You'd probably say it's impossible. And yet ...

bout free fitty

It depends on what do you mean by god.

If humans someday will be able to create AI's and populate a virtual world with them... then it's pretty probable that we are not in the first. original world, but somewhere deeper in the chain of virtual ones.

Do you want a god like that?

God is a human concept, maybe there is something along similar lines but it wouldn't be comparable to our many renditions and definitions of the word.

That being said I'm an atheist and I find the universe to be much more awe inspiring with the absence of intelligent design.

It's impossible and never happened. Plus, God does not exist.

About 50%, either he exists or he doesnt

In the end, god can be everything which we can impossibly observe/measure, and there is a lot out there. This is directly tied to the fact that you can never prove whether it exists or not. The only meaning the idea of a god has in the real world is whether or not the thought of it gives you hope and strength, even though that by definition it is beyond all physical reality.

Personally, I like to think about it, but I know that the idea of god only has relevance to our subjective reality, not to the physical reality. The question "does god exist?" is overall stupid, because we can't know, never. It's a question that by definition has no answer.

>maybe there is something along similar lines but it wouldn't be comparable to our many renditions and definitions of the word.

I'm not an atheist but I agree here, our ideas of God strictly follow the anthropomorphic principle, which no real God would be bounded by.

Theoretically could our description/definition/concept/perspective of God be just that of an interdimensional being?

youtube.com/watch?v=N0WjV6MmCyM

Wouldn't it take just a single 4th-dimensional being to be omniscient and all-powerful on our level of existence?

Probably closer to 6 d, as he would have to be able to create universes outside of time.

You mean like this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Question

I don't think you know what most of those words mean, friendo.

How about this question. Which would change everything more? Proving 100% that God does or doesn't exist?

Well, if there is just one universe (not a multiverse), the odds of life existing are like a trillion trillion trillion to one.

So, there's a fair chance of God I'd say.

Higher dimensional beings that created our universe would be like gods.

The chances could be 100%. It could be an inevitability. Even if there was nothing "before" the emergence of something it wouldn't violate causality because causality is a result of spacetime but with nothingness there is no spacetime for violations of causality to occur.

What are the odds it's 100%?

Depends which god

Why?

The cosmological constant.
If it were changed by one part in 10^120 power, than the universe would collapse in on itself or matter would fly apart too quickly for galaxies to form.

This was proposed by a Nobel Prize Laureate, so I consider the observation to be posited from a trusted source.

anywhere between 0 and 1 inclusive.

>What's the possibility of god existing?
Which one of them?

Nice Dan Terminus album cover.

This doesn't effect the number of potentially habitable planets in the universe, which likely number in the trillions. Life elsewhere in the universe is a near certainty considering the odds.

We are God

Let's just put it this way, there is always a possibility of there being one, but until there is any proof for one's existence, there is none

This entire thread is just people who never learned how to outgrow fairytails making the 'God of the gaps' argument.

Damn, I woulda thought Veeky Forums had more people who understood religion was just an inevitable product of a social species like ours trying to explain what they coudn't at the time.

around tree fiddy

Assuming the constants get their values randomly, not by some deterministic process.

>fairytails