What does a biochem degree get you?

What does a biochem degree get you?

inherently nothing
as with all education

Fucking lol

Other than that, I'd say it depends on the uni and your research/work experience.

definitely not laid

Just do organic chemistry and become a professional meth/amphetamine cook, you'll make some pretty good money so long as you keep it small, local and clandestine.

it's true..

Not true, biochem junior Chad. Have a gf but Ive cuckqueened her, MFF threesomes galore plus love and attention from her afterwards.
So fuck you, biochem isnt only for permavirgins. I have a few similarly normie friends.

Im wondering as well what biochem gets me. I was originally planning medicine but would rather not spend 8 more years in school plus debt (im receiving my undergrad for free).
So heres a bump hoping for someone experienced in industry, whatever that may be, to see.

cool blog

Nothing unless it's from an elite school. Same as any degree.

>Chad
>cuckqueened
>MFF threesomes
>attention
>permavirgins
>normie

you must be an absolute annoying cunt in real life, that or a sad fuck, or both?

If you want to go to medical school or pharmacy school or dental school, I'd say it's probably one of the better majors have. It's going to lay a nice foundation for professional school in the health sciences and you'll get some tough courses, but it's not going to be as rigorous as a physics or math degree (which you wouldn't need for pre-health).

If you're not interested in pre-health, my advice is to work two or three years as a lab tech in academia. You will get a decent skill set of various techniques and you may have the opportunity to get some autonomy in running a project (asking questions, designing experiments, etc.). You will certainly have more doors open to you after a few years as a tech that you wouldn't have fresh out of undergrad.

Continued from I finished undergrad six years ago, job-hopped over some tech positions for a few years, then went back to work on a PhD.

Of my undergrad cohort, around half went to med school. The other half was a toss-up. We had a mix of MSes --> industry, PhDs, vet school, dental school. I haven't kept up with too many people and I went to a small, liberal arts school for undergrad.

I think that my cohort(s) from my tech jobs is more revealing. There was a broad array of fields people went into: RA/SRA positions in industry R&D (now worked their way up to assistant/associate scientist); business development in big pharma; life sciences consulting; sales and marketing in big pharma. Some MSes then business or law. That's off the top of my head, I'm sure there are others but you get the idea.

>deriving self-worth from sexual reward
how the fuck are you on sci

A six-figure debt

bachelors get 45k starting, if you have a year of undergrad research you might be able to work for some cool companies.

Go to grad school tho

Huge debt and bitterness. Pajeets take your job.

>Pajeets take your job.

Pajeet and Priya want to go to med school, so they stay away from biochem and chem majors.

biology has the most bitches tho

about tree fiddy

>so they stay away from biochem and chem majors
>implying premedfags don't shit up biochem for everyone

This. I would have majored in biochem if it had more than 1 student per 99 premeds.

Don't disagree that they'll destroy every curve IMO, gunning for a 3.7+ average is not even worth the effort for grad school.

That said, I think that an undergrad degree in chem or biochem is probably the best preparation for grad school in biology because of the grounding it would provide in physical sciences and math.

>Pajeets take your job.
which jobs aren't taken by pajeets?
fucking hell, when will we nuke them already

BS will get you jack shit nothing. MS will get you strange rooms. PhD will get you....as far as you're determined to go.

I make better money and have WAY more fulfilling career and life in general since ditching lab work.

From cancerous rat colony to brain electrodes to high field MRI. Was a graduate fellow and could never go back to that grind.

I make high end custom furniture and instruments now