Tfw 24 almost 25 years old

>tfw 24 almost 25 years old
>kissless virgin who has never been on a date or has even attempted to ask a girl out
>also very weird looking and ugly

>high school came and i had no friends
>being friendless in high school made me increasingly bitter angry and miserable as well as not learning how to socialize with people my age
>when college came, the years of social isolation meant that I had no idea how to socialize with these people in my dorm and job and campus and all that and honestly didn't really try that much and would only have roommates as my "friends"
>would be bitter as fuck seeing how much fun people had in college and all the girls who literally never even looked at me as well as missing all the opportunities everyone else had
>have the social life experiences of a 10 year old
>now out of college for a few years and make no attempt at all to socialize because i'm so broken and at the end of my rope
>have no ambition or motivation to do anything at all besides my entry level job because what's the point if i'm always going to be a complete loser

Why should I read literature if most literature is just the barely disguised narcissistic adapted memoir of some uber normie?

Stop wallowing in self-pity and read this book. It should help you get started on a good path.

shut up faggot it's you own fault for being a vapid cunt who thinks life is about being a sad nerd or a happy bawdy jock with nothing in between.
You've probably never experienced a single day of nuanced and complex real life in the entirety of your pathetic, spectator, rubber stamped one.
Go do something or SHUT UP.

Then move onto this book. They both have been incredible for my personal growth. The orange one is brand new but they both cover similar topics.

>my personal growth
Hi middle class scum.

Stay poor boyo

>hi middle class scum
Hey lowerclass escapist or high class person who's mom drank while pregnant.
You're very valuable for society and your life is very fun.

this desu

kys OP

It's too late. If you had begun to read literature once capable, and developed fledgling academic interests into the pursuit of an autodidactic arts education, you would now be spared the frog. One weeps at the tragedy of autism in the plebchild's bent shoulders... I shall light a candle in the Jesuit place and place the bounty of a pond in a solemnly dug pitkin, whispering "Pep, Pep" on the autumn's deathbrung breeze.

>tfw 24 almost 25 years old
>kissless virgin who has never been on a date or has even attempted to ask a girl out

Don't worry about it, my friend. Girls are a waste of time, money and thought.

I was really depressed and felt perpetually hopeless. These books have helped get me out of my funk and started working on creating a life that I can be proud of. I already make good money but that wasn't as important as my chronic, debilitating hopelessness and loneliness.

There's nothing more satisfying than being 60 and spending time with a huge family that you created. Don't believe this fags lies.

Lol glibposters are the worst cancer since Keemstar.
Please go to Reddit you have a home there.

fox and grapes friendo
fox and grapes...

>woosh

Its awful, when you're feeling lonely, to see other people going about their lives seemingly so fulfilled. But a good tip is to teach yourself not to compare yourself to others. Its easy, when despondent, to say "If only I looked as pretty as (her)(him) people would treat me better" and so on... "My life would have been much better if I wasnt so nervous" and so on..... No-ones gonna give you a shoulder to cry on - the world is too much of a cunt for that. Key-tip: When mingling or meeting people, repeat over and over to yourself "They don't owe me anything" "They don't owe me anything" "I havent done anything yet to deserve this persons respect" "They don't owe me anything". It works wonders for me.

>1980's memes only your parents will remember!
Doesn't even relate to metamodern prefixes of deta-ontology and Protocambrian demarcations of linear memetics.
What are you, fucking gay?

confederacy of dunces desu

>memes
patheticdesu

damn bro pullin at the big gun he call me pathetic and he say meme pathetic bet he have a good bondd with his dad and goes hunting a lot good strong man not gay and pointlessly opinionated at all little boy gay he fag to gay

Do something for yourself. Start a hobby of collecting rocks, do yoga, just close the computer and do something that you can learn to find enjoyment in. Even Jung collected god damn rocks.

Anyways bro literature isn't written by über normies. Lots of it were written by real life degenerates with lots of spare time.

>mfw kissless non-virgin
>mfw not giving a shit

It doesn't matter.

We are all dead.

Do not fight it.

I'm in the same boat as you OP. Kissless, handholdless virgin. No job though, no college experience. Nothing to do but wonder how it all could have been different, nothing to think about but the haunting memories and filler shit I try to cram my mind with to distract me from boredom. I don't understand how to socialize, I didn't have friends in high school, I didn't get good enough grades to go to college and community college was too depressing for me and it just gave me anxiety and made me angry and so depressed I couldn't even complete the work.

And then all the people on this website act like it's not a big deal, like you problems aren't real, they just sadistically use you as a spring board for their own self satisfaction by putting you down. It's vicious, and no one out there would give a shit either. Hell, I'm really open about my loneliness, but literally no one cares, or no one can do a single thing about it. In fact, being open about your feelings is a great way to come off as a huge autist, because in our orwellian society, if you reveal your actual feelings you're screwed, everyone has to hide negative feelings and try to appear attractive so more people are drawn to you.

People just want the happy, smiling, care free you, otherwise they're scared away, because they don't think anything but vacuous emotions are real, they find anything else repulsive and a "problem", because everyone's deluded and stupid and brainwashed and probably thinks god exists, probably thinks that it's more comforting to assume answers to mysteries instead of trying to solve mysteries because not knowing makes them afraid.

I am literally the opposite of you and I still prefer to read. Stop wallowing in your self contempt fagget

kys

Fuck off mark

No I will not! I will stand tall in the face of your tyranny!!

>vacuous
can you tell me why you used that word? what was your thinking behind it?

Heh

Am I also Dr. Michael Bennet because I posted his book too? Does this mean I can become stephen king? Holy fuk user, you've just solved all my problems.

>And then all the people on this website act like it's not a big deal, like you problems aren't real, they just sadistically use you as a spring board for their own self satisfaction by putting you down
I think it's more that they'd rather be talking about books than have to put up with frogposters on the wrong board who won't shut up about themselves.

didn't see your other post before replying but such shilling is very mark-like

happyness isn't a very complex emotion. just being happy and positive all the time is supposed to attract people to you, but there's much more nuanced and subtle emotions besides feeling happy, which make up like 99% of all other emotions. Being happy all the time and trying to appear happy for other people is vacuous.

When was the last time you felt happy?

Case in point.

Sometimes when I take a shit I feel happy, sometimes after I finish this sandwich which I cook literally ever day made of tumeric root, ginger root, mixed leafy greens, garlic, salmon or avocado, and bell peppers, I feel pretty happy. Sometimes when I finish reading a book I feel pretty satisfied and accomplished, or after sitting down and reading a difficult book when I get finished with it and feel like I just exercised my brain I feel happy. Sometimes when the light shines into my apartment just right, it makes everything really beautiful and it makes me feel like everything is okay, that makes me happy. Sometimes when I'm listening to a really good album, I feel like it suits my mood perfectly and makes everything feel more lively and that makes me happy. Sometimes when I find really nice artwork on tumblr which looks really nice on my blog that makes me happy. Sometimes when I look in the mirror and I see that my body is thin and healthy and I'm at a good low weight, that makes me happy. Sometimes I just stare at my book shelf or my stuffed animals and let my mind wander and I lay in my bed drifting through all my thoughts just laying their quietly, but mentally drifting off, that makes me sort of happy. It also makes me happy when I have a really good cup of coffee, or a really good cup of tea. It makes me happy when a new book or a new CD that I ordered arrives in the mail, or new stuff whatever I ordered in the mail idk. It also makes me happy when I hear about political issues that I supported getting passed. Random acts of kindness make me really happy, and in fact I find that random acts of kindness can change your mood completely on a dime. I've been having shitty days and the fact that someone was nice to me just once completely turned around my mood right there on the spot and I felt happy for the rest of the day. It's sort of amazing how the mind is so susceptible to outside influence like that.

Sounds feminine.

Good, masculinity is disgusting.

Is it?

>>tfw 24 almost 25 years old
>>kissless virgin who has never been on a date or has even attempted to ask a girl out
>>also very weird looking and ugly
are you me?

What is it with robots and college girls? They're fucking boring, all they do is go to parties, get stoned/drunk and then whine to you about their shit time management between their job/classes. I made better friends working my part-times jobs than I did at Uni.

Yes, it is. In my experience guys who are less masculine are usually pretty sweet, if they're not nasty psycho bitches, but usually even nasty psycho bitch gays are more charming and cute than your average bro dude. And nasty psycho gays aren't even that common, your average non masculine male is usually very adorable and very non threatening and cute. Masculine culture is just based off of stereotyping itself and trying to maintain an image, and it's more aggressive and less in touch with it's feelings. Masculinity really is sort of gross, but I know that not all masculinity is bad. I really respect masculine guys who are secure in their masculinity and don't have to feel threatened by femininity and gayness. Because whether you like it or not, femininity is very powerful and is one of the biggest threat to insecure masculine bro dude males, because it's one of the things that they fear most. It's also one of the reasons why the whole republican party is so awful.

What? Sorry, I'm not gay dude.

You don't have to be gay to be non masculine. Should have probably done a better job not implying being feminine wasn't just a gay thing. You can be non masculine and not be gay. There's some guys who cross dress but aren't into guys.

>What is it with robots and college girls?
We only leave the house for school.

that's just one definition of masculinity

Woah, just because I wore a skirt once when I was drunk doesn't mean I like to cross dress.

Hello me in three years!

Don't be so insecure and defensive!

your life isn't over you fatalistic idiot. just stop moping and being so down in yourself and try to improve your situation in whatever ways you can immediately do so.
reading literature doesn't help anyone with their social life. other than maybe the fact that they're doing something it gives them something in common to talk about.
just do what you like and find people who like that.
don't go down the social retard route of focusing on how to talk to people. it just makes you a real life NPC.
the basics are all common sense. smile here and there, look at the person you're talking to.
stop defining yourself by your past, accept it and keep pushing on.
motivation comes with success, the first few steps are always the hardest you just have to push through it, get out there and try. you've got nothing to lose.
>don't give a fuck
>fuck feelings

why don't you go get help from the 14-year old who lives 2 houses down from you you fucking moron. books like that should be compiled into a series called "how to be an autistic manchild".

i hate that title so much. how american do you have to be to use the word fuck as the punchline, censor it as if you are soooo edgy, contrast it with "subtle art". its so dumb. i heard its a great book but i literally cant read something with that title

>just do what you like and find people who like that.
>don't go down the social retard route of focusing on how to talk to people. it just makes you a real life NPC.

I'm not really sure about that honestly. I've always had a much easier time conversing with people who had a safe distance from my interests. All the people I've come to know who did share more closely in my interests had very grating personalities, and conversations felt much more stilted and akin to a circlejerk.

>glibposters
Tf is a glibposter.

both masculinity or femininity taken to an extreme are both pretty fucking disgusting.
we live in a culture which promotes males to embrace their feminine side, which isn't a bad thing, but guys should realize that they're ultimately guys and embracing too much of femininity is a recipe for disaster. then you have the backlash to too much cultural pressure of feminization of men which results in a really disgusting masculine femininity represented by bodybuilding.com and an increasing number of creepy manipulative pieces of shit.

ultimately identifying yourself primarily as masculine/feminine and not by what kind of person you are and what you do is fucking stupid, pretty creepy, shows a lack of personality and i stay away from anyone who actively does so.

>but guys should realize that they're ultimately guys and embracing too much of femininity is a recipe for disaster.
yeah, you can keep your inane horse shit opinion, I don't agree.

>but guys should realize that they're ultimately guys
PURE

>the basics are all common sense.
to u

Truth.

>ultimately identifying yourself primarily as masculine/feminine and not by what kind of person you are and what you do is fucking stupid, pretty creepy, shows a lack of personality and i stay away from anyone who actively does so.
I think anyone can be a mix of masculine and feminine, I didn't expect you to end on something I agree with after you said that big load of shit right before that, but I still disagree that it's wrong to be too masculine or too feminine, because people can be literally whatever they want in terms of masculinity and femininity and just because you try to put barriers on it doesn't mean that anyone has to agree with you or apply themselves to those barriers, thankfully.

well then talk to those people then i don't see the problem.

hahaha. i just got a hard on from how pitiful and pathetic you are. you guys are great.

First of all, I'm not one of the guys you replied to. Secondly, they've all abandoned me a long time ago.

Of course masculinity and femininity are construed from inherent human behavior, they should come from the person not vice versa. However, developing into such a person who's too masculine or too feminine as with all extremes suggests mental disturbance rather than behavior. In either case it's unsightly, and if someone's extremely feminine or masculine maybe he or she needs to get something off their chest.

You're putting these unnecessary restrictions on what is "too masculine" and "too feminine" and it's arbitrary and stupid, stop worrying about it too much, because it makes you seem like the one who has something to get off their chest.

Nope, I think you're the one who's getting lost in semantics. It's very intuitive to tell whether a person has an overbearing trait, femininity and masculinity are no exceptions.

You're too involved in other people's personal lives. That's a trademark characteristic of republican.

so too much masculinity is bad but too much femininity is good. you're either a full-blown homosexual or an evil bitch who enjoys using overly feminized guys.
>barriers
that's exactly what's wrong with society. you have people going hypermasculine in reaction to headcases like you who think it's healthy for a male to be overly feminine. men have much more extreme emotions and it's dangerous for men to be in an overly feminine mindset. go look up stats on mental illness rate on homosexuals, and if you think it's because of societal judgement compare the US stats with netherlands stats where they're way more accepting.

I'm not getting involved in anybody's life, I'm just posting on an imageboard.

god it's like as soon as you get pseudo males such as yourself thinking about gender they start spewing pseudo intellectual nonsense. This is why people hate masculinity, it's toxic.

Oh. I don't even know who the fuk mark is. I just found the book in amazons best seller list.

I know a 27-year old female virgin and she's absolutely beautiful

No social anxiety or crippling depression

Has a degree and a decent paying job

See, you don't HAVE to be a lowlife just because you're a virgin, you just are.

You sound like a bitch

Truth.

Yeah it's a dumb name but it has some pretty good substance

>met friend of a friend
>Being generous she's a 2/10, and I have low standards
>pretty goddamn annoying too
>Still talked extensively about dudes she had fucked and dudes who wanted to fuck her including athletes, etc

Meanwhile I will either settle for a used up, hideous Asian woman, a white whale or die a virgin depending on if he's white, black or anything else.
/r9k/ was right

>pseudo-intellectual
it's nothing to do with intellect, it's science you can look it up. but don't argue the point just get butthurt and resort to personal insults. classic result of extremist masculine vs feminine worldview.

>it's science you can look it up
yeah, because scientists are talking ALL THE TIME about how men are too feminine now a days, right??????? Wrong.

the data is out there if you'd look for it. scientists are influenced heavily by cultural pressures and if you think that any scientist who wants to keep his job would research something that directly opposes society and triggers them like you have been you're incredibly stupid.

>I will either settle for a used up, hideous Asian woman, a white whale or die a virgin
>depending on if he's white, black or anything else
Maybe you don't get laid because you're a retard.

>doesn't cite sources just claims they exist

i already told you what to look up if you want to pretend it doesn't exist that's your problem.

How is what I said retarded? White women won't date ugly white guys, do ugly white guys get yellow fever. They settle for ugly Asian girls because the Asian girls have white fever but the attractive ones are dating attractive men. Ugly black guys settle for fat white women the same way. No one fucks ugly guys of other races since their women have been cucked into thinking whites and blacks are the only races that are capable of being masculine.

not the guy you were replying to, but you are certainly retarded. infact there is no doubt about it whatsoever. trust me on this one.

look for a mistress

You switched from first to third person in the same sentence.
The homosexuals and mental illness thing? Such evidence.

you sound afraid of facts

In your retarded ears maybe.

don't look it up if it makes you feel better.

It wouldn't even entail the conclusions you were trying to reach.

Great posts user, nice to read someone sober commenting on those issues. I mostly relate, not being the best social person myself, surrounded by those hypermasculine anti-feel and anti-intellectual morons in my daily life. Loneliness and virginity (and not in the idiotic "must get laid!!! XDDD" sense) are still my share, though at least I managed to make a close open-minded friend with which I can speak freely in a mutual dialogue that doesn't feel like talking to a wall. And I guess I'm grateful for this.
Hope you'll do well, whatever that means for you.

>Great posts
Our culture and our posts are being dumbed down, and the reasons are very complex.

Excellent post.
Fuck off OP.

There are other boards to discuss your narcissistic, self-absorbed, shallow view of the world. I come here to talk about books, not to hear the lamentations of immature, weak, scared, shallow NEETs and their insignificant first world problems.

You are right.
I really don't give a fuck.
If you are too weak to go out there and confront your fears, if you don't care about your own life enough to fix it, why should I?

You think your life is tough?
Boo fucking hoo. Go take a walk through a children's hospital cancer ward and see if you feel like complaining after that.

And you are scared of what? Making a fool of yourself? Really? That's it? Newsflash idiot... You WILL make a fool of yourself at some point in your life because EVERYBODY does. It's fucking nothing compared to wasting your life.

This will be my only help to you.
Refer to this image and fuck off.

>blames self for world

Maybe he knows this. Maybe he has a lot of extremely complex thoughts and sees nuance everywhere. Maybe he's just having a low moment.

not that guy but you can simultaneously accept that there are fucked up parts of the world and still enjoy life.

no one's forcing you to constantly think about the fucked up parts of humanity. this idea that it's somehow noble/smart to be constantly fixated on it needs to die.

zizek says many things i enjoy and agree with but when it comes on how to live your life it's stupid to listen to him since he clearly doesn't enjoy life.
anyone living in a safe environment where nothing is going to go wrong can only be fixated on the horrors of humanity if they choose to do so and that's such a worthless thing to do.

thank you user :)

That had basically nothing to do with that quote but thanks for the blogpost I guess.

"blames self for world" - you're suggesting that the world is what creates his suffering and there's nothing he can do about it. if not then what were you saying?