Editor sent me an email in response to my novel stating "I have a lot to learn as an author"

>editor sent me an email in response to my novel stating "I have a lot to learn as an author"

GIVE ME ONE REASON NOT TO END IT ALL RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!!!!!

you have a lot to learn as a suicide

kill him then write a novel about it, my nigga

You got an email, thats something at least

kidnap his children and blackmail him into publishing your book

everybody wins

awesome, feedback. Did they somehow specify?

>GIVE ME ONE REASON
You still have things to learn about writing. Once you've learnt everything, and you're still getting rejected, then consider it.

At least you got a reply back. You have a lot to learn, so get learning.

Most authors have written five or more works, before they ever have showen it to any other person. Many had ten or more years of training, before a single book was published. Cool down, because one person doesn't like your work nothing has happened, in fact most books have more people, who dislike them, than who like them.

>Get arrested
>Get even more exposure and publicity
>Get shot
>Post-humous idol

Literally can't fail

learn to be hetero madarchod gay

Because you have a lot to learn, and dead people make poor learners.

the fact that (s)he replied says alot, desu. youre on the right track.

about writing, not suicide. keep the gight alive

What was it about? Genre? Literary?

Diary desu.

This. Pretty shitty feeling to send a manuscript and cover letter and not get a reply.

>editor sent me an email in response to my novel stating "lol this fucking sucked breh"

I don't think this was an actual editor... how can I find a good one?

Don't know if makes you feel any better but he probably says the same thing to almost anyone who sends him anything.

My mom works in publishing. SHe claims that only around 2-3% of those who send in scripts ever get published. And she works at a publishing house that releases stuff that barely sells anything

was there anything else said? give us the short sentence or two summary of your novel. we're trying to help :)

Post an excerpt, we'll tell you whether or not to kill yourself.

Post it.

>I don't think this was an actual editor
I kekked out loud

>only around 2-3%
Sounds too high if anything. Think of all the people working on terrible novels right now.

Although IIRC most publishers only accept things from agents, so maybe it's 2-3% of stuff that's already got through the agent filter.

>Sounds too high if anything. Think of all the people working on terrible novels right now.
It's a pretty benevolent publishing house in a small market subsidized by grants from various foundations

When I applied to PhD programs, the first response I got was a rejection along those lines. The next was an acceptance praising my work. So I went and got the doctorate, rather than killing myself because a random stranger didn't approve of one piece of writing of mine. Think about it.

Go ahead and end it, you whiney fucks are shitting this place up