What did they see in the jakes?

What did they see in the jakes?

I think the girl was dead in there, and the kid/man just felt that he could never get away from war, violence, evil, death. I do not think anyone was raped, of that I am certain.

sea men

My take is this:

Holden saw in the Kid a spark of goodness, something inside that sough to staunch the violence that was so common and which The Judge saw as an principal of mankind and which was the highest form of divination - as he put it - putting the strong above the weak.

You'll remember that Holden also says that birds are an insult to him and that he'd have them all in zoo's. I feel Holden, given his self-assured ideas of how mankind is and ought to be, saw the freedom and nature of birds, chaotic, free, above all other beats -Literally- as similar to that of the Kid; he was yet to be tamed and attuned to complete barbarity as the others, that there was goodness in him.

The Judge would have seen this himself when The Kid refused to kill the Judge at the well, how the Kid takes a back seat and in barely mentioned in some of the most violent parts of the book, his mellowness a few years after the Glanton gang were disbanded, his 'innocent eyes' upon an 'untouched face'.

Holden, having influenced all the men of the gang and having touched the lives of them all, is snubbed by the Kid, now the Man, who survives, mellows out and even comforts a lonely dying woman that he feels he cannot leave to die in the cold of the desert - of course she was a corpse, he just didn't know it but the point is that he was showing compassion.

What happened in the Jakes then ties in with Holden finding the Man, all those years later. Holden has not aged and is still in a milieu of bad men and bad places, and Holden laments in a way how The Kid 'Held clemency for the Heathen, the heathen being the good natured and people who do not ascribe to Holden's law of pure violent, Survival of the Fittest outlook in life.

It becomes apparent then that Holden has found The Man after all these years and in this moment, a baby bear, an innocent animal that will grow in to a beast, is killed - synonymous with Holden's hatred and penchant for destroying innocence i.e, he rapes and murders children - and a young girl goes missing as well. Again, the tarnishing of innocence. Children are free and above all others, like birds - an insult to Holden.

The Man soon after cannot get it up when he hires a prostitute, so he heads back to the Jakes where the Judge consumes him.

What happened: The Man could not outrun the Judge and his influence, who was a phantom over the lives of all the men he touched and who he drove to evil and wretchedness. The Man raped and murdered the young girl while Holden watched, and in such a way that he made up for those years where he never gave in to Holden, he made up for lost time and as such, it was such a horrific sight to lay eyes on that it shocked even the people of that violent and horrible world and that man who tells the others not to go in to the jakes? That was The Man, now another faceless, nameless shade of that violent world, casually taking a post-coital piss as one does after sex.

They saw a shit poster.

I was with you until the end. Everything we see in the book suggests the judge's naked dance is celebrating his committing a crime himself

You had it all until the last paragraph. Absolutely no evidence that the kid would have raped and murdered anybody; this is fan fiction at its worst and has become a lit meme. And he was a fighter; him succumbing to the judge couldn't have been anything but symbolic.

Ha, double whammy!

The judge is supernatural. He knew thing only the kid would know (not killing that injured guy on the mountain) and predicted the death of the bear.

The judge was there to turn the members of the gang evil. Once a member totally gave in to evil he then had permission to die. Who survived Yuma? Only the kid, the ex priest, toadvine and brown. All people that at one point opposed the judges pure evil (defending kids for example).

I don't believe the judge raped any of the kids it is implied he raped. You never explicitly see the judges engage in violence, he only initiates it (for example the first time we meet him and he gets the crowd to kill the preacher).

At the end the kid gets drunk and tries to fuck a midget whore. He can't get hard and she says it doesn't always work (that is, fucking a midget can't replace fucking a child).

I belive that in the Jake's is the kid raping the organ girl. But both are dead in the act. Since the kid gave into evil the judge was able to kill him.

I think the Fight Club idea that the whole thing is a twist and the kid is a pedophile is bullshit.

Why does he want to fuck a midget?

It's just a guess, that's all that can be said about the ending after all since it's so ambiguous.

Because a midget resembles a kid which ties in with the Kid about to take the dive and fuck the little girl who owned the bear and become fully corrupted.

Yeah man, that's what I just said. But they guy I was responding to said he didn't believe the kid was a pedophile..

I don't mean to discredit anybody, but too many times it seems Blood Meridian threads are posted here from people that never heard of it except from lit, and they read it going into it based on the analysis of knuckleheads from Veeky Forums.

The hooker is NOT a midget. She is simply petite. Go read it again and get Veeky Forums out of your head.

Secondly, he does NOT pick her. SHE picks him. Why is that? I think it safe to assume he doesn't seem dangerous or particularly nasty.

Third, it is never even hinted at that he failed to perform sexually. Never does she say anything like, "It doesn't always work." Did you guys read this shit or just breeze through it assuming Veeky Forums people know what the hell they are reading?

Where the hell did you guys pull this erectile dysfunction meme from?

It's also not the kid who initiates it

None of the activity is ambiguous except what is seen in the outhouse and if the Judge is corporeal or not.

How do you come up with this? An asshole shoots the bear, and against everything the Kid has ever done in the whole book, he decides to fuck the girl?

My man.

I'm thinking it is more of a creeping notion of fate or something. His life, uneventful after the Gang, is still lightly peppered with violence, like how he has to kill that child who starts on him.

He can't outrun the overbearing vestige of those days and of Holden.

It's not that The Kid decided he wants to fuck a young girl but that the act itself is his way of finally giving in, a corruption of himself and a corruption of that girl's soul.

The very first words of the books are 'See the child'. I feel it comes full circle. It starts with the loss of innocence of a kid, and ends with it, epilogue notwithstanding.

Stop posting this awful misrepresentation of the Judge. He wasn't a fucking resident evil character. he was fat. Also he looks constipated in this drawing. It fucking triggers me.

Throughout all their travels together the judge never touches the kid. Even when they're enemies he only taunts him.

What changes? The kid becomes the man, shoots the boy, and has sex with a prostitute.

By losing his innocence he becomes vulnerable and the judge can destroy them.

The judge scalps the little Indian girl when no one is looking, and when he throws the puppies in the river it's someone else who shoots them. I feel it's also important that he saves the idiot's life when he's drowning.

Fine then, gay boi, have some THICC Holden

infinitely better

Not in my head canon. In mine, the Kid is all of us, flawed but with good in him that comes from God. If that moment where the priest shades his eyes so he can get a shot off doesn't move you and confirm his goodness, nothing will. I feel that I am good, a servant of God, and thus a child. But I cannot singlehandedly make the world good. Succumbing to can simply be acknowledging that; it doesn't mean either I or the kid are going to start raping and murdering. The kid already won, but like us all, we're going to suffer and eventually die, so the Judge, too, is victorious.

Having sex with a prostitute is the key to his eternal damnation? Blow it out your whatevers.

Thank you.

>mfw the latest meme band Twenty One Pilots made a song about Judge Holden
>Not a single Normie actually knows what it's about

she's not a midget

>judge can't harm the man when the bear is shot
>the man loses his v-card
>all of a sudden the judge is ready to finish him off in the loo

YeCarthy's shit-encrusted corncob dildo.

Page 347, "A dark little dwarf of a whore took his arm and smiled up at him."

Even if "dwarf" was just metaphor "smiled up at him" hints that she is indeed a midget.

Oops, meant 345.

That's such a terrible cover, wow.

No. Dwarf of a girl is not the same as, "She was a midget." It's phrased as a descriptor and you can't convince anyone with any sense otherwise.

And midgets don't look like children, either.

>wasn't a fucking resident evil character
He kind of was tho. He sure in the hell wasn't meant to be all human.

I can't help but imagine him looking like Mozgus from Berserk

Either that or Winston Churchill