Is this still the go to calculator?

Is this still the go to calculator?

Other urls found in this thread:

mathworks.com/products/matlab-mobile.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

in the year 2000 I paid $100 for a TI-83 plus. In walmart yesterday I noticed they still sell the same TI-83 plus for $100. I still use mine all the time.

holds it's value like gold.

>TI
>graphing calculator

Fuck no. Just get a

While I certainly think that the TI-84 is a great calculator in and of itself, I would highly recommend the TI-89. I was always curious why my math teacher recommended one during senior year of high school, a year later I decided to bite the bullet and buy one. Let me tell you - these things are incredible. While the TI-83 and TI-84 are good in themselves, the TI-89 has more well developed calculus functions and allows 3D graphing - same form factor as the 84 with more functionality for about 20 dollars extra.

graphing is a useful function for my ee classes.

>3D graphing
Nice, I"ll definitely check it out.

If I have my computer at hand, no.

Can confirm, ti-89 master race

color edition is a little nicer

>graphing is a useful function for my ee classes.

While sitting in the class?

>no CAS

LOL, fucking brainlet.

My calc prof also teaches numerical analysis and says TI has hands down the best numerical integrator and it's worth paying more for TI over other ones for that.

Enjoy not being allowed to use your calc on tests.

>tfw i left my ti-89 in some classroom i was using to study for finals.
Didnt realize i forgot it until 3 days later when i went back home for winter break and it wasnt in my backpack. Had it for 5 years too, at least i can make use of the 84 i found last semester now

Thats not a good thing dipshit. These things cost a dollar to produce, they only get away with charging so much because schools and unis require the specific model

meant for

Graphing calculators are the biggest fucking scam in higher education in the past 20 years. You are paying $100 for a piece of technology literally unchanged since 1995. The only reason to buy one is it's required for classes or permitted on tests (and they know this which is how the get away with it)

To answer your question, no, unless you need it, then sure.

This. Graphing calculators are useless past freshman year

i spent 100 for a used ti 89 in high school.
then i found i could pay 3 bucks for the wolfram alpha android app for full solutions.
the desmos app is free.
the ti 89 sits at home collecting dust and battery corrosion.
what can i use it for that i cant do with the two apps above?

cave someone's skull in

fucking this
props to TI for being smart enough to manipulate the educational systems-- but tis still shitty af

>i spent 100 for a used ti 89 in high school.
>then i found i could pay 3 bucks for the wolfram alpha android app for full solutions.

You have to be over the age of 18 to post here

>biggest fucking scam in higher education
>$100 for a piece of technology
>completely ignoring textbooks

jesus christ no

Books aren't exactly a piece of technology. You are not paying for printed paper, you are paying mostly for the information. And considering the enormous time and work a good, complete textbook consumes it's only right. Note that scientific textbooks aren't fucking Harry Potter. They don't sell millions and millions of copies. Those are often super specific books. They sell maybe a few thousand copies overall and mostly to universities. Most people who read those books got them for free in a library anyway.

Desmos + TI 80-something is pure gold for anything with graphing.

TI-89 or 36xpro

On what? Entry level calculus shit? I think I'll be fine.

Our EE professor even allowed us to use our laptops and cell phones as long as we weren't connected to the internet/had it on airplane mode.

why can't they just make a phone/tablet version of MATLAB/MathCAD?

because of a stranglehold on the industry

>what are textbooks
>what are all humanities degrees and courses

>not using the glorious TI-Nspire
it's like your not even trying to get pussy
I had one in highschool and coded a program to solve the 30 minute questions in 10 seconds, with proofs. Finished my homework in minutes in class and spent the rest of the time playing pokemon blue on it.

forgot pic

>sacrificing battery and quick graphing for really useless color and a backlight

Both of the improvements are useless - why would you need a backlight. Who does math in the dark? Also the color makes graphing way too slow.

not that other user, but:
>battery
I plug mine in once a month, thats all the charging needed
the thin form factor is very nice too. just put it in my coat pocket and its always available when I'm in the lab or in class. very good device.
on top of that, the higher resolution screen and colors make graphing multiple functions very clean. would only be capped if there was a good C compiler for this thing.
just to make sure we are both talking about the same calc, I am referring to the model in my pic

I havent really seen anyone with the CE yet, im referring to the normal TI 84 color. Either way with the normal one I only change batteries like once a year or so. Not to mention that its more compatible with programs. Im sure it has the same problem as the normal Ti 84 considering they have the same specs. Normal Ti 84 is better despite having like half as much RAM since its less demanding.

Hey OP, fellow EE here. If you get a ti-89 titanium it comes pre-installed with a program called EEpro. It has lots of tables of various values, calculators for things like transfer functions of filters, etc.

I found it very useful.

I'm on to you McGraw

r u 4 reel

mathworks.com/products/matlab-mobile.html

Serious question- were you too stupid to google this? Did you just assume there could not be exactly what you suggested?

Um why the hell aren't you taking classes where this is the only way you can get any useful results?

The hell are you, an engineer? The ONLY methods are numerical physics, take your pedophile mathematics back to

mfw we could use Maple on all our calculus exam exercices

>McGraw-Hill
>not Pearson

There is a mobile app version of MATLAB but it sucks actual shit can confirm

>worked for Pearson for five years

The jewry is real.

> Mathematica
> Python
> Fortran 77
> C

Matlab isn't the only tool for solving problems--even numerical ones.

I d never bother with one on an exam and my cellphone graphing calculator is much more intuitive, faster, easier to look at, readily available, and lighter

I had a TI89 in EE uni. Never let me down. But I never needed it again since uni...

Casio classpad ii shits fury
The touch screen and interface are both absolutely beautiful

I also bought a TI-83 Plus back in middle school and noticed a couple months ago that Wal-Mart (and I guess other stores) still sell them. I still use my TI-83 a lot.

>dat pic
sauce?

>still needing a calculator

I personally reach for my HP 50G over my TI-84, but if I'm reaching for a calculator instead of a remote desktop connection to my university's computer lab, either will do.