Reducing global average temperature

You have 10 trillion dollars, you have to somehow reduce global average temperatures by 10 degrees Celsius in no more than 5 years, how do you do it?

bonus if you make the sky more cloudier

pic unrelated

cut the planet into canada and not canada, blow up not canada

fuck off with that shit

Only Alaskans, Canadians, Scandinavians and Siberians would survive.
Americans should expect a test starting next week.

oh come on, it's not that much.. all I want is a maximum of ~20°C in summer, instead of a literal hell

Assuming no inflation.
1 trillions to funding renewable energies.
3 trillions to building universities, hospitals, high-schools and high-tech industries in Africa and Asia. Part of this sum is given to wealthy Africans in western countries, to incite them to go back in their country, if they wish, and participate in the building.
3 trillions to 1st and 2nd world countries for making green policies and transform them into a beautiful country.
3 trillions to irrigate deserts and replant forests.

go green and electric. the worst shit for the environment is CO2 and natural areas turning into heat polluted cities full of waste.

what about increasing atmosphere's albedo artificially? Is it possible?

>Geoengineering

>Drop a thermonuclear warhead onto the Yellowstone Caldera.
/thread

insufficient money and time for a meaningful answer.

I'd rather not destroy anything in the northern hemisphere

Find me another equally powerful supervolcano somewhere that doesn't matter then?

why?

Reducing global average by 10 C leads to ice age level temperatures.

>Drop a thermonuclear warhead onto the Yellowstone Caldera.
That's the right idea, but you'd need much more than that. You'd have to do the other supervolcanos, and you'd probably need to insert the warhead into a borehole rather than just dropping it on the surface.
> I'd rather not destroy anything in the northern hemisphere
Anything that drops atmospheric temperature by 10 degC in no more than 5 years is probably going to fuck over humanity fairly badly.

Most of the options boil down to eliminating a substantial proportion of sunlight, and there's no way to do that in a controlled way in such a short timescale. The main problem with any massive project is that much of the planning and design can't be parallelised, i.e. throwing more money at it won't make it happen any faster.

Buy 10 trillion worth of nukes. Nuke the world. Nuclear winter. Problem solved

>you have to somehow reduce global average temperatures by 10 degrees Celsius in no more than 5 years
Am I a super villain who wants to destroy most of the planet's ecosystems?

Its costs are several orders of magnitude higher than simply fixing our problem.

Same with going to Mars because Earth is a shit
Unrelated, and don't take offence, but same with killing the poor/blacks/etc instead of raising their living standards

Not to count that geoengineering is a gamble at best.

It doesn't make much sense to compare the system where temperatures (I'm assuming he means ground-level air temperature) were naturally 10C lower with a situation where they've been forced 10C lower by extreme intervention.

Apart from anything else, the oceans would be much warmer (given that's where 98% of global warming goes, we aren't going to be undoing that in 5 years even with the most drastic approaches).

easy.

Phase 1: remove all automobiles, ban cows, and populate the earth with superconducting maglev trains.

Phase 2: vaporize trillions of tonnes of activated charcoal so it floats into the stratosphere where it can adsorb all of the CO2 and other green house gasses.

Phase 3: Use sophisticated turbines and underwater fans to direct ocean and air currents to concentrate the green house gasses and the activated charcoal over india and detonate thousands of high yield nukes on ground and a few thousand km above sea level to blow it all into space and clear the streets of poo at the same time.

Problem solved.

that's sad, looks like I'd have to move further from the equator to stop living in a hot hellhole then

what about changing ocean salinity to modify oceanic currents, so certain places get colder?

I would pay some country to force men starting at the age of 5 1/2 years to take anti-androgens and estrogen.

So much this.

you mean fucking with thermohaline circulation? That wouldn't work because of the physics behind the process, unless you want to have a thought experiment where you put turbines under the ocean (which would need impossible amounts of energy and are improbable outside of theory). In theory, since cold water is absent of heat, moving all the hot water to the "doldrums" of the equator, where trade winds cancel out and the coriolis effect is weakened would be ideal.

spend 10 trillion dollars on a moon base because global warming is a meme
now end yourself

>calling it global warming
>not climate change
>making me reply to b8
global warming is a meme and the earth is a rhombus

I don't care if global warming is a meme or not, all I want is 25°C of maximum temperature in the summer where I live

Just a related question, I'm looking for a world map with maximum all time temperatures overlay, but I can't seem to find it, can someone show one to me?

>You have 10 trillion dollars, you have to somehow reduce global average temperatures by 10 degrees Celsius in no more than 5 years, how do you do it?
nuclear warfare

Ice ages depend just as much on the procession of Earth's rotational axis; when seasons are less pronounced, high latitudes experience cold summers. These conditions favor semi-perminent ice pack.