I'm 25 years old with probs about 6 months to live most likely

I'm 25 years old with probs about 6 months to live most likely

My family have money (makes me even more bummed out about dying DESU senpai) but anyway, should I go for it?

pic related

>Never have to cope with the whole fear of dying shtick
>Will probably die peacefully due to some fridge failure
by all means

>I'm 25 years old with probs about 6 months to live most likely
Sorry about that, OP.

FPBP and who knows if you could make history by being the first person to be revived by that, though.

Yes. Go for alcor, full body preservation (it's like $ 220 k). In 4-5 months move to scottsdale, Arizona near their building: it will help a lot since they'll be able to intervene on you as soon as you die, minimizing brain cells death.

Godspeed user. Stay stronk.

why is alcor so much expensive the cyronics?

Make happening happen.

Go for it user, if I don't get to see the singularity, I'll probably follow suit.

No, you'd be more useful donating yourself to a university so they can dissect you; that way you'd actually be able to be beneficial to society.

Why didn't he?

My plan is make billions selling shitty tech to normies and get frozen too.

Are you pancreatic cancer user? If not, why are you dying?

wait... they're not freezing people that haven't died, right? last time i read up on cryogenics as a kid it was basically sci-fi shit.

Bumo

It's actually pretty viable now.

Do it user by all means what makes you happy. i personal opinions plan on doing this in the future, i have a no real goal to achieve like coming back to life but as science and technology advances the idea of coming back from the dead doesn't sound far off.

I have Esophageal Cancer. It's in my liver and bones

Shit. Really sorry user. Hits close to home. Had painful swallowing in my upper chest for a few months and am too afraid to go to doctor :(

I've accepted it desu, I couldn't really imagine it any other way.

I was really fucking ill. Still am. I'm sure you're fine

How old are you? Drinker or smoker? Or is it just random fucking 1 in a million chance?

For the original question, don't get frozen. You could end up in some interminable, endlessly painful scenario where you are barely kept alive in a torturous existence.

I smoked a lil tiny bit in my teens, moderate drinker, heavy on occasion like most, though even if I was a heavy drinker & smoker it would still be pretty 1 in a million odds. maybe this is more like 1 in 5 million

>instead of living peacefully in heaven, being stuck indefinitetly in frozen limbo until you are destroyed, or being brought back hundreds of years from now with severe brain damage in a world where you know no one

Just die senpai.

must be pretty nice in a way to just not have to bother with life DESU. it's a bit like just hitting snooze on your alarm forever

I'm 52, and seriously: given my choice I would live forever.
But I got 99% of my living done before 25.
Salute OP, salute.

>But I got 99% of my living done before 25.
As a 21 year old who has done very little "living", this terrifies me

>randomly selected to be first man to be cryogenically unfrozen
>the technology is not yet perfected
>you are awoken for a brief moment by advanced cybernetic humans
>you quickly fade back into nothingness after witnessing a small slice of the Utopian future.

>As a 21 year old who has done very little "living", this terrifies me
Then get your shit together user!
Some tips:
>NEVER have just a mustache, go goatee, full beard or clean shaven
>"confidence" with women is 99% skill with eye contact (i wish I could explain more)
>if a woman offers you food or drink, say yes
>don't give a fuck what other people think, live for yourself
>create
>nurture your friendships, but don't be dependent on them
>smoke weed, but not every day
>drive a really cheep car, but make sure it's big (it might be too late for this, historically)
>drink lots, but never alone

It's weird, sometimes I do feel a slight feeling of calm relief wash over me honestly, like life takes a lot of tremendous effort...I would say I'm not bummed out about missing out on 'adult life'..but then of course there is lot of stuff I am distraught to be missing out and sometimes I get proper bummed out about not seeing my loved ones again and how their lives will end up, how technology will progress and how my sports teams will get on, I'd say those are the 3 main things I'm pissed about missing on but there is a lot stuff ....

I realize I'm so young that I'm probably no doubt missing out on a load of cool shit that I don't even know I don't know about, stuff I can't even imagine, but these are just my thoughts for now

Thanks wise user. Honestly. I have advice though: get off sci! You're fifty fucking two!

Fuck man. That really made me feel. Are you undergoing treatment at all?

>get off sci! You're fifty fucking two!
:^)

If you have money to do it, then fucking go for it. Seriously, do it.

I'm not a stupid religious faggot who prays for people to get better and hopes for teh hevun, so what do you honestly have to lose by doing it?

Get frozen as soon as you can. If treatment fails completely, do it before it progresses too far. bear in mind that you will have to do it while still capable of living. That will probs be the hardest part.

All the best user, and I am so sorry this has happened to you.

>drink lots
Suddenly, esophageal cancer!

But isn't the Singularity suppose to happen in like 2045?

As far as I'm aware being frozen would produce ice shards that would shred apart your cells. Unless they've found a way to prevent this it would be impossible to ever wake you up after being frozen. Once you've been frozen nothing would be able to undo the damage done if it wasn't prevented beforehand

Alcor gives me a scummy vibe but it is legitimately your best shot.

user is right that you want to move to Scottsdale for the procedure, because you really only have minutes to get the cryopreservation process started before the brain death starts to occur. I'm optimistic about the progression of technology but I seriously doubt they will ever be able to revive you if your brain is deprived of oxygen for more than a couple of minutes.

I say go for it. Your chances of coming back are slim but non-zero. That's better odds than the rest of us.

They have found a way to do this. The way they do this is by filling your body with cryopreservants that make your cells vitrify into glass rather than freezing into crystals.

Now, whether they can warm you back up, remove the cryopreservants, start your cardiovascular system back up, and cure whatever disease you have is another thing. Most people undergoing cryopreservation envision getting woken up in hundreds of years when medical technology has progressed significantly.

walter white it for the next 6 months

Addendum: It's important to note that it's usually hard to revive people after cardiac arrest even when they're not a giant piece of thawing glass. If I was going to be cryopreserved, I'd put in some sort of legal contract that I only want to be thawed when they've got a proven strategy for how to revive me.

Why not give me your money and live your legacy through me? I'll open orphanages with your name inscribed on the buildings facade. I've seen people squander their lives doing nothing. I'll tell you there is nothing more fulfilling than doing good for the less fortunate, no religious influence, no selfish reasons, just pure humanity and humility it is bar none the greatest feeling

Complete and utter nothingness is terrifying, I'm scared of dying mainly because I will lose the ability to think something that I value greatly

Or you could start synthesizing drugs and work up enough cash to save your ass and put a deposit in alcor. Win win win

If you can afford the Diamonds then go for it, OP.

What makes you think you have esophageal cancer? Do you have a diagnosis?

I feel for you user, but you should know cryonics is a load of shit. A facility that runs off that service works like a charity/business(mostly charity) and it is hard to believe after several centuries your body would still be preserved. Seriously think about how often a normal business survives. Some of these places have already ran into financial issues and failed at preserving everyone. The Chatsworth facility ran out of money and the frozen bodies thawed. These places are just not financially stable enough to guarantee your survival, even if they do come up with some miracle tech to save people later down the road. Don't waste your money... Work toward finding acceptance in your last days.

If you have the money then I would do it. I think even a small chance of success is worth the cost.

>>Will probably die peacefully due to some fridge failure
I don't think that's likely. From what I understand they just store you upside down in a tank filled with liquid nitrogen. As long as someone keeps coming by to check the levels and refill the tank, there's not really much that can fail.

>it is hard to believe after several centuries your body would still be preserved
The oldest patient currently still in cryopreservation was preserved in 1967, so half a century. It seems plausible to me that someone preserved today won't have to wait more than one or two times that long for the needed technology to arrive.

Holy shit, I never knew this was actually a thing. Do it, I'm thinking of doing it myself as well. Hopefully humans will be immortal by the time you wake up.

unless you're rich like OP, sign up with life insurance. If you sign while you're still in good health the price will be much much lower than 200k

>Why didn't he?
Actual soldiers actually have a sense of honour and duty.

Duty to his people > duty to his nation> duty to some figurehead
When that figurehead is actively destroying his people and his nation than his duty lay in stopping that figurehead.
Any man with the means should stop those who seek the destruction of his people and nation.

You need to go back.

Good fucking riddens you useless piece of shit. No one here will remember you or care when you're gone .

Full body or just head?

One day they'll wake him up so he can live forever. It's such a shame the same will never happen to you.

His nation elected that figurehead.
He would be betraying them if he killed her.
The duty given to him is to protect the elected official.
Its not his place to judge whether the people elected the right person.

do you have pancreatic cancer by chance?

>His nation elected that figurehead.
she won with like 30%, and her supporters are die hard type leftists. her opinion poll ratings sit at around 30% too because of pretty much the same demographic. no matter how bad things get they will always support her.
>The duty given to him is to protect the elected official.
duty is to the country, not the state/current power holders. hence why most militarizes aren't allowed ever allowed to intervene in domestic matters without a proper declaration of martial law. though i've been told its different for you burgers.

of course you should do it if money is no object, user
you will be no worse off for trying

Thanks peace-of-mind-bro

you know what's up

Fuck off.

>>>/reddit/