What kind of music do you, Veeky Forumserati, like?

What kind of music do you, Veeky Forumserati, like?
>inb4 lolima pleb
I, for one, am into Kunstlieder.

Art rock like St. Vincent, Gorillaz, Radiohead, I could keep going....

Ambient and New Age so, Eluvium, Fabio Orsi, William Basinski

Keep going, please.
I also will keep going. I see I didn't give any examples.
>Kunstlieder
To have something pass for a vanilla Kunstlied you take some recognized piece of poetry (i.e. by Rilke / Anakreon / Nietzsche / Heine / Burns / Sappho / Petrarca / Li Tai Po...) with a dramatic theme (e.g. death, nature, love, futility, longing, a ballad et al.) and compose a decent tune for the entire text (on the level of Beethoven, Schubert, Schumann, Richard Strauss...) to be played at the grand piano and to have it sung by a classically trained singer (in most cases a soprano or a baritone).
A classic "edgy" Kunstlied may involve a minimalist tune so that it's practically a declamation (the Lieder of Hugo Wolf), it may involve a political text (Shakespeare's Sonnett 66 set by Hanns Eisler), a pronouncedly non-artistic text (Picture-Postcard Text Lieder by Schoenberg) or the singer screeching, whistling, puffing, burping, coughing and doing tons of other stuff Stalin would have termed "muddle instead of music" (Hindemith, Werfel, Katzer, Zimmermann & the modernists in general).
A Kunstlied that is completely bananas in EVERY regard is usually regarded as vanguard music or performance art no matter how hard the author's insisting it is a Kunstlied.

Almost exclusively romantic Lieder and Metal.

so, autism?

I enjoy deep house and ambient. Sometimes I listen to them while I read and they jive very nicely.

What about that says autism? It's just a few popular albums in various genres along with some entry-level classical.

>metal

musique concrete
free improv + onkyo
radio plays if they count
spoken word if that counts
19th and early 20th century classical
some noise rock

the revolutionary army of the infant jesus

chanson, singer-songwriters.

stars of the lid

Top 5 rite now...
Three 6 Mafia, Grazhdanskaya Oborona, beat happening, Tom Zé, and Burt Bacharach.

Sufjan Stevens and Grouper are my favourite popular artists. I used to listen to a lot of classical music, mostly 20th century (Revueltas, Villa-Lobos, Elliott, Pärt, Dutilleux, Ives) buy also a lot of Beethoven. I also enjoy jazz; I don't know anything about what's happening in a given song, but I like to try to follow how the main theme is passed around, developed, transfigured amongst the musicians.

Charles Ives, Stravinsky, Frank Zappa, Kait Dunton, that kind of thing

Reminder.

Whale sounds.

radiohead, OPN, Vivaldi, brian eno, nick cave and the bad seeds

Are you being ironic or are you just a pretentious cunt?

Yes to both.

The only music I listen to is the bloop on repeat.