What philosophical works should one read before setting out to create a strong AI?

what philosophical works should one read before setting out to create a strong AI?

You would really need to understand the mechanics of a strong AI before you could pick the correct approach to getting the correct ethics down. I imagine you'd need to lend as much from psychology and neurology as you would from philosophy, as human ethics are kept better in check by systems than by the surface-level ideology.
Too much information for one person.
I'd say start with the greeks

UNABOMBER's Manifesto, then you realize that globalization and technological advancement for its own sake were mistakes, destroy all of your research and move into a log cabin.

Epicureanism.

what if i want to create my own girlfriend? how can i do that in a log cabin, josh?

You'd have a much easier time finding an already existing grill and convincing them to let you penos them just as god intended.

you can only assume that

Which part? That god wants us to penos naturally or that you are capable of doing it?

No,
>You'd have a much easier time finding an already existing grill and convincing them to let you penos them

there must be some people in the world for whom it's harder to find mutual love with an existing person than to create an AI that loves them

I don't believe that. For a start can we even say for sure that it's possible to create an AI that can actually 'love' and not just imitate the emotion?

And I don't think it's impossible for anybody to find love. Just get married to someone willing and it'll work out sooner or later. Lower your standards and accept your lot and anything is possible.

The World as Will and Representation obviously. What are you some kind of fag?

My diary tbqh

i second this

>possible to create an AI that can actually 'love' and not just imitate the emotion
Sure. Humans are an intelligence and artificial just means man-made and has no significance beyond categorization. The nature of intelligence doesn't change based on method of creation. All that matters are the systems, variables and so on that make it function. The only assumptions we need to make is that 1. Humans can feel love. And 2. There is nothing inherent magical or divinely intervened about Human intelligence.

Well then in that case it's possible but you need to create a mind as strong and complicated as a person's. If you could pull that off would your first thought really be to fuck your creation?

Would you feel disappointed if you were suddenly brought into the world only to find out that's your purpose?

>Would you feel disappointed if you were suddenly brought into the world only to find out that's your purpose?
Depends on your design. All intelligences have tendencies, not even humans are blank slates and it is indeed up to debate whether creating an intelligence like that is possible. Maybe the Ai is fully fledged but it inherent in its nature to appreciate the gesture
And I can't speak for OP. Maybe he's wicked smart but with fucked up priorities.

the chamber of secrets

It is genuinely more likely that I will genetically engineer and incubate a girlfriend than it is that I will find one already existing with whom I could be happy.

Maybe your standards are too high. For most of human history relationships worked much differently to how they do now.

Rather than looking for someone ideal maybe you'd do okay if you just found SOMEONE and worked at a relationship.

Every male has not successfully reproduced throughout history, a sizable minority has always failed or refrained.

Doesn't matter how low standards go, every girl wants more than an unattractive autist with 0 social involvement.

An android grill still sounds like too much. Have you considered becoming a movie producer?

I'm a different poster.

No androids for me.

Well then in that case I suppose your only option is to start getting into anime if you haven't already.

I am, but studying takes precedence.

That's the way to go. Anime and studying.

Destination: Void by Frank Herbert

"You must decide how you will WorShip me," Ship said.

I'd consider the following two a requirement:
- Creating Friendly AI by Eliezer Yudkowsky
- Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies by Nick Bostrom

>- Creating Friendly AI by Eliezer Yudkowsky
>Eliezer Yudkowsky

Of harry potter fanfiction self insert fame? Really?

He's disagreeable as a person but CFAI is a definitive piece of work. It's difficult to have a discussion on strong AI if you're unfamiliar with it.

Why is this doll such a qt3.14?

I don't know. Some people just have a taste for worst girls for some reason.

>Implying best girl is not Misato.

>implying purple whore is best anything other than best whore

harry potter and the order of the phoenix