Engineering profitability:

We all know engineering is the best STEM field in which to make good and respectable money. However, which field of engineering is the most profitable?
>Do note, things like petroleum engineering are not stable occupations, as we'll soon run out of fossil fuels. Or, they'll be made illegal.

Bump

CS is very profitable also

A CS degree is meme tier. Pajeet is cheaper AND a better programmer

this thread would yield more results if posted in
>>Veeky Forums
jobs salaries are a function of future events, which are pretty unpredictable. So it is near impossible to predict which fields will be most profitable.

I think a good piece of advice for becoming wealthy is
>be around smart people, doing smart things

statistics

If you really only want money then actuarial work is the way to go. Fairly easy to get 200k-500k after 20 years and passing all the exams.

How respectable is chemical engineering? That's my major

Very respectable! I believe it's tied right below Petroleum E for pay with Aero

Aero is pretty based, user, true.

Unless you're going to a top 10 uni you're best off sticking with electrical, Chem, mech, or civil. Those degrees are too specialized for undergrad

Well, I was at Exeter for my undergraduate physics degree and am working on applying to Cambridge to do engineering.

He said engineering

'Software engineering'.

cs isnt engineering

This is true.

computer/electrical engineering paired with a cs dual major

>Pajeet
Holy fucking kek

>computer/electrical engineering paired with a cs dual major
I'm doing a combined dual computer engineering / computer science degree. How do I make money?

Hmm how are the chances with Biomedical engineering? Thats what im studying now, wanna see its worth it since i basically study both medicine and engineering, which is hell :D but love it

it's really competitive from what i've heard. you're very likely to not work as a biomedical engineer after you graduate.

Well thats a thing to look forward to.

CS != codemonkey
Or is this the case in American "education"?